House of Presents

Charlie's POV

I was standing near there door handing Jerome all the post, we were trying to be quick, any second Amber would be up.

Amber" IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!"

Trudy" Uh, what's Jerome doing with all the mail?"

Charlie" It's all for Amber.It's her birthday today, and we're pretending, we forgot"

Amber then appears at the top of the stairs.

Amber"Was that the postman I just heard?"

Charlie" No!"

Trudy" Yes"

Charlie" I mean, yes, but with no deliveries"

Amber then looks very confused.

Amber"The postman came to the door without any mail?"

Mara" Yes, he wanted to apologise for not bringing anything.Right, Trudy?"

Trudy who is still not quite sure what is going on looks at me all confused.

Charlie" Should we help you get breakfast ready?"

Trudy" What? Oh.Yes.Thank you, Charlie, Mara"

After breakfast I met up with my brother as we walked over to class. Jerome had already gone ahead, I don't know since when was he ever interested in getting to school, probably up to something no doubt. I look at Eddie, he was still consuming the bagel he had buttered at breakfast.

Eddie" Are you okay sis?"

Charlie" I don't know, I have a weird feeling like something is going to happen"

Eddie" Is this like the same feeling you got when Vera turned up?"

Charlie" Yeah, I don't like it, Eddie, what if it someone not something"

I start panicking and Eddie has to calm me down, he pulls me in for a hug. When he pulls back he looks at me.

Eddie" Better"

Charlie" Yeah, thanks twinnie"

Eddie" That's okay, Twinnie"

We arrive at the school, I am still worried the feeling seems to get stronger, not that I would tell Eddie this as he was sure he had made me feel better. I sighed so not only was I getting visions I was now getting odd feelings too. School was off to a great start.
We both sit down in our usual seats, KT now in front of us. Our new teacher I'm assuming walks in and I immediately get an anxious feeling. Eddie of course notices this and takes my hand.

Eddie" Hey, are you okay?"

Charlie" It's her, she is my weird feeling"

Eddie" What, why?"

Charlie" I don't know"

Eddie" Well it's okay, I got you"

Eddie continues to hold my hand under the table.

Teacher" My name is Miss Denby, and I'll be teaching you History and Business Ed this year"

I swear she glanced at me and Eddie, it did not help the anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. Miss Denby is then cut off by my boyfriend and Alfie who run in.

Miss Denby "Hello. And you are?"

Jerome"Jerome Clarke,"

Alfie"Alfie Lewis, Hi."

Miss Denby looks at them both like all teachers do when a student is late.

Miss Denby" Well, sit down please, so anyone else new like me?"