House of History

Enjoy. Collage at the bottom.

Alfie's POV

This wasn't good, not only were the Adults onto us but now we were involved in the thick of it, we had to find a way out.

Miss Denby" How many was it for tea?"

Jerome and Joy raise their hands, they had no idea what was going on.

Patricia" Uh, it's getting late, Miss.We really should be getting back"

Joy"Such a lack of commitment"

Victor" You have been granted special permission to stay late. Isn't that correct Mr Sweet?"

Mr Sweet" Yes, indeed, and we really want you four, to be at the very heart of our eclipse day. Enjoy the rehearsal"

We watch as Mr Sweet and Victor leave the Gatehouse.

Joy" It's so good of you to go to all this trouble for us"

Jerome" Miss Denby, what is this ceremony, exactly?"

Miss Denby" Ah, yes, it's an Egyptian tradition done during an eclipse.It was thought that it could well, it's a bit silly, really that it could reanimate mummies"

Joy"Spooky"

Jerome"Uh, could it wake Alfie on a Monday morning, I doubt it"

Joy and Jerome then chuckle at each other and Patricia's and my phones go off.

Miss Denby" I'll take your phones, if you don't mind. They wouldn't have had them during ancient Egypt, after all"

Patricia" There is no way I'm giving..."

Joy snatches Patricias phone.

Miss Denby" Thank you"

Patricia" Fine. If you want to rehearse the ceremony, let's get on with it. It's not like it's actually going to work"

Then a noise comes from upstairs.

Miss Denby" Oh, those rats, I'll be one minute"

Patricia"That sounded like loud rats, Miss"

Joy"Okay, why are you being so rude? I mean, ruder than usual"

Jerome" Guys, seriously, Joy and I need to do well at this, or we flunk history"

Joy"Goodbye, scholarship. Goodbye, school"

Patricia" Okay, so you've been bribed"

Joy" You know, sometimes I think your little hobby has messed with your heads"

Oh if only they knew why we were here. If only they knew Miss Denby was evil, I never trusted her for a second.

Charlie's POV

I sighed. This was just brilliant, Patricia and Alfie have been taken to The Gatehouse along with Joy and Jerome, even though Jerome and I have not been good lately, I worried about him and deep down I think Eddie worried about Patricia.

Fabian" No, Eddie, Charlie, wait a minute"

We were now back at the house, KT and Fabian had followed us into the kitchen.

Fabian" We can't just leave them there"

Eddie" But the keypad's changed and the cellar door is locked"

Charlie" Okay, what are we going to do, sit out in a rainstorm all night"

KT" If Alfie, Patricia, Jerome, and Joy are the descended, that means...""