No Watch Ben x numb pianist reader - "Why do you look so sad?"

Here's a oneshot that would delve into some serious stuff. If you ever feel overwhelmed irl, don't bottle it up ok? That would just make your feelings more complicated. Talk to someone who is trustworthy. Life is hard, but it's still worthwhile.

Y/n - your name
L/n - last name
H/l - hair length
H/c - hair color
E/c - eye color

Warnings: fluff, angst, comfort, lime, implied lemon

Word count: 2,135

Y/n's POV

It was a boring day at school as usual. Nothing interesting was happening. Sure, there was the occasional fart joke in class. Oh, and that occasional good kid telling off the bullies for being jerks, but aside from that nothing.

Lately I've been feeling off and that's saying something. It makes sense since I'm a teen and all, but this feels different. Do you know that feeling when you feel like you're sad, but nothing in particular actually triggered it? You're sad for no reason, but at the same time you're sad for that reason.

Oof. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Y/n L/n, a 16 year old that makes friends, but doesn't have that best friend. You know what I mean? No? Good, you got it. Playing piano and binge watching anime are my passions, so there's that. My grades are great, too.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I bet you're wondering why I'm sad. Well, I just feel numb. I think I can list several reasons why and when you combine them together it makes everything around you reasonably overwhelmed.

1. I'm aware that I can't always get what I want in life like achieve my dreams.

2. No matter how hard I try to fit in, I'll inevitably just drain myself.

3. I did this to myself by creating expectations, but if I change it. What does that say about my character?

Etc. etc. You get the gist of it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!~

I blinked out of my internal monologue and found myself in my last period classroom with students rushing to leave for after school clubs. Man, how long was I zoning out, the entire day? But, I already wrote my notes. Oh well, logic in this reality is confusing.

I got out of my seat with my belongings packed away and started heading towards the music room. I'm a part of the music club, it just so happens that we have a day off today, but we're welcomed to come to the club and play to our heart's content.

I sigh, grateful that our club advisor, Ms. Allie, encourages us to connect with ourselves. Especially when you consider the fact that we're hormonal teenagers —"the time in our lives where we deeply discover ourselves."

I'm not mocking her words, it's just I can't help myself with that throbbing feeling that it isn't fair. I know it's normal, but it still doesn't make this whole process any easier.

I lift my head to find myself right in front of the music room. 'I'm just buried in my cloud of thoughts today, am I?' I roll my eyes at my own internal sarcasm.

I head inside and close the door. I walk over to the piano, put my bag beside my chair, and lift the cover off the piano. I put my hair behind my shoulders and start playing a piece that fully represents my mix of trapped emotions—The Final Duet from Omori, the video game I fell in love with and that you, the reader, should absolutely play. If you can handle psychological horror, of course. Play at your own risk.

(A/n Mind: What is this, promotional material for your favorite fandoms? Get back to writing the story. Heart: Ah! Sorry.)