Prime Ben x Depressed Reader - "I'm fine." Part 1

A/n
Hey guys! The fan art above is NOT mine. I got it from google, because I can't make fan art to save my life.😅

Anyway, I thought about this oneshot, because I remembered some of my own unpleasant experiences, so please be mindful that this is a sensitive topic that's serious.

It's obvious that you should never decide to hurt yourself or others no matter how much negativity you feel, ok? Talk to someone you trust and find a healthy hobby that helps you express yourself and relieve you of pain and bad vibes.

It's easier said than done, but it really is the truth. You are all stronger than you think. Never doubt that for a second. Healing takes time. Don't rush it. You are loved.

Warnings: angst, blood and gore, violence, depression, self harm, suicidal tendencies

Word count: 2,390

——————————————————

Y/n's POV

It's summer vacation. The best time to get a break from school for 2 and a half months and just relax. And what's the first thing I decide to do on the first official day of summer?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Why am I doing this?

Sigh* here I am laying on the soft cushions of my bed in my pajamas. The AC is on, the curtains completely block the sunshine from intruding, and the room is silent.

I should be asleep in this perfect atmosphere, but my body clock decided to still act as though I'm in school mode. However, I choose to ignore it and just decide to spend a couple hours doing absolutely nothing on my bed.

I occasionally dozed off only to wake up a bit and then fall back asleep. When I finally got curious, I checked my phone for the time only to see that it's 11:34AM.

I sighed. "Wow, I missed breakfast." I muttered to myself. "At least Mom and Dad aren't home."

My mom is a teacher going off on some teachers retreat to some kind of island resort. It'd last a month and I'm pretty sure that it looked fun based on the aesthetic pictures on the resort's webpage.

As for my dad, he's on a business trip for some deal or was it a convention? All I know is that he's really busy and would call once in a while. We're used to it, so it's fine. He'll also be back in a month.

Both of them said their farewells to me just last week, ensuring that I knew what to do and the rules and stuff. They care about me, so I love them. I made sure to assure them that I'm fine and that they should take care.

As for me, I'm just here. Existing. I don't know, I just feel like I'm being left behind, mentally not necessarily physically. I'm not motivated for anything, so I just choose to not take care of myself. You know what I mean?

"Hmm...I feel numb."

I finally get out of bed and proceeded to bring my clothes, towel, and a large pair of scissors into the bathroom with me.

I stripped myself of my clothes, close the toilet lid, and sit on it with my undies still on. I looked at all the past scars that accumulated on my upper thighs with recognition.