My End

Screams of terror echo in every inch and corner of the city. News stations broadcast their warnings and despairing information to every region of the world that was still able to maintain their signal up until now. The laws of nature are starting to become nonexistent as gravity is failing and the oceans and climate conditions are spiraling into chaos and destruction. 

These were the end times. 

The world was ending. Not just the earth, but also other planets, worlds, and galaxies. Your world was ending. 

Everything was crumbling all around you. Buildings collapsing, cars being flung in the air, people erratically fleeing to safety. Alas, some of their efforts were in vain. The usual beautiful night sky was replaced with a raging red color with the addition of fire and plasma falling from the heavens. 

Despite the hellish scene around you, you still ran with your life to look for them. To look for him. 

You knew that your presence there in his world would upset the balance of the universe as a whole. If only you knew about it earlier, before all of this chaos could transpire. Before it was too late. You shook your head from all the depressing thoughts.

'Now's not the time to mope and pity yourself, Y/n. You have to find them.' 

With all of your might, you managed to weave your way through all of the monsters and obstacles and reach the heart of the city only to find him near the particle accelerator control panel about to deactivate it. You cup your hands around your mouth as you still sprinted in his direction without a second thought. 

"WAAAIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!! IT WON'T WORK! YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO SPEED UP ITS ELECTROMAGNETIC FREQUENCIES!" 

You were about to reach him, but Gwen stopped you with her powers. 

"Y/n! What are you doing?! This is the only way to save earth!" Kevin jumped in by trapping me in an iron block that stretched from the floor to my shoulders. I tried to squirm out of it but it was no use. Rook had to continue the fight against the time wraiths with the aid of everyone they'd encounter so far including Argit, Princess Looma, Professor Paradox, Kai, Julie, even enemies like Vilgax, Eon, and the evil bens lookalikes were fighting alongside them. Heroes and villains alike were combatting the unnatural forces of the universe. 

Kevin spoke up in frustration at my desperate attempts. 

"Grandpa Max told us that THIS was our only option! Why would you stop us?!" I was about to speak but my breath got caught in my throat. It was at this moment that Ben finally turned around to confront me. His eyes were hardened in his decision. I already knew what he was thinking. And I already knew that in the tiniest millisecond of the machine going off is enough for him to teleport himself and the machine out of here. For our safety. But he would never make it out by himself alive. Even with this in mind, he would still choose to make this decision, if it meant that we were safe. 

But I can still see past this bullshit. I can still see him wanting to live a full life filled with dreams, love, meaning, and so much more. And I would willingly give him what he deserves. 

No matter the cost. 

I focused my eyes on theirs with such a ferocity that I could see the slightest hints of surprise etched onto their faces before they faded. I spoke in an initially restrained tone before it changed into hysteria and frustration. 

"If you do this, no one would survive the ship's blast. No time for you guys to escape. Grandpa Max may have said that this was the only way, but he's wrong. The blast's range wouldn't even stop at the moon, it would continue past the earth into the cosmos like a ripple in the water! DON'T YOU SEE?! THIS WOULD NOT SAVE ANYONE!!!"