Prime Ben x Depressed Reader - "I'm fine." Final part

A/n

Here's the last part of "I'm fine." Hope you enjoy it and remember you're amazing! There's always hope:)

Warnings: slight cursing, angst a bit to fluff, lime

Word count: 1,892

Y/n's POV

"I love you."

As soon as those words left Ben's lips, I completely froze. I never thought that he would feel all these emotions...

For me...

I couldn't believe it.

"But Ben...why me?" I asked him softly.

"Y/n, you're everything to me. Why wouldn't I-"

"No." I cut him off. "Why would you like me when I'm just...me? When I couldn't even fight my own internal battles that pushed me to do this." I look down at my palms with a pain filled expression and dryly chuckled to myself.

Ben grabbed my hands and started kissing my knuckles. One by one slowly making my heart beat faster with a blush spreading on my cheeks.

"Y/n...you may think that you're just average, but I don't. We've always been with each other through everything. From the school bullying to us finding the omnitrix, from fighting small alien rogues to fighting Vilgax. Everything."

He took a deep breath.

"Y/n...I don't think you realize how much you mean to me. Whenever you're near me, I just want to...hold you. Sure, we've had our moments when we were younger, but my feelings eventually changed into something more. I'm not forcing you to return them of course! I just want you to know that I'm always here for you. You don't need to hide any of your thoughts anymore. Even if you have to wake me up at 3 in the morning just because of a bad dream or thought, I'll listen. Hell, I'll even be there with you just to make sure you're safe. That's all I want for you. For you to feel safe, free, and happy."

Tears fell from my eyes and onto my pajamas. Ben cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears with his thumbs. I buried my face into the crook of neck and wrapped my arms around him. He wasted no time in reciprocating the hug. I sighed at the warmth of the hug and of his words.

"Sniffle* Thank you...Ben. You have no idea...how much this means to me." I spoke and my voice kept breaking, but he didn't mind. He just tightened the hug.

"You can always count on me."

We fell asleep like that on my bed. It was honestly one of the best nights of sleep I had in a long time.

Timeskip

Months passed and things have been getting better. I've been taking therapy sessions and some prescribed medication to deal with my episodes. Everyone has been keeping track of my progress and have been very supportive.

When Gwen and Kevin found out, they started crying their eyes out and hugging me until we all collapsed onto the ground. Even though, it was funny and embarrassing to be like this in public, it still didn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes. We were all loud, crying, and laughing at the park and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Rook, for some reason, started to give me random science facts and lessons whenever he could. I found out later on that he was only trying to get me to learn more about the health benefits of food to increase my appetite and awareness. Touched by this, I immediately bear hugged him which resulted in a loud cracking sound. I started apologizing profusely while trying to make his day the best ever to make up for it. But he only smiled and said, "As long as you are truly happy and smiling, I already am having the best day." Cue the waterworks and the both of us trying to comedically make it up to one another.