Prime Ben x Suicidal Reader - "I don't want to live with this truth." Part 1

A/n

Please know that you're loved and that you should never go this far to take your own life. I wrote this simply because I'm venting, not because I encourage people to do this. I love you guys.

Warnings: angst, blood and gore, suicide

~This was edited people, so if it looks different it's because I finally got good sleep, corrected my mistakes, and added some details I left out.

Word count: 3,320

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why...?

Why why why?

I kept asking myself that very same question.

My hands turned into fists by my side.

You see, I'm a plumber in training at HQ. Grandpa Max decided to take me under his wing after I unknowingly helped No Watch Ben in that whole Eon fiasco with all the other Bens.

He let me call him Grandpa Max because he thought that it was more fitting.

I met Ben and Rook when Grandpa Max introduced me to them. Ben was a cocky dork, while Rook was just a polite cinnamon roll. I eventually met Gwen and Kevin, too.

We all got along great. I started to have feelings for Ben when he was oddly protective of me whenever I hung out with Albedo. It was really weird. Rook suggested that he might like me, but I don't believe that. Not even for a second.

Anyway, right now I'm sorting through the files Grandpa Max handed me. I'm supposed to organize them. I was almost done. I just need to deal with this last vanilla file.

I opened it to check the title and contents and caught my breath.

In big bold letters it stated,

CASE FILE 06-15642
THE L/N MURDER CASE
04/09/20xx

"Mom...? Dad..?" I whispered in shock. I thought they had died in a car crash when I was a toddler at my grandparents' house. They told me this.

Once realizing that they were all lies, I flipped through the pages and read through them.

"...the disfigured bodies of F/n L/n and M/n L/n were found in their bedroom. Their faces were repeatedly slashed by a box cutter knife while their remains were severed into pieces...."

I almost threw up when the pictures were shown on the next page in a clipping. I resisted and turned the page to continue.

My pupils dilated when I saw a picture of a little girl. Two girls in fact.

I scanned it and read the description.

"...Y/n L/n, the oldest child of the two L/n children, was found mourning over the loss of her deceased little sister, S/n, in her arms. They were found in the basement of their household..."

I stared at the faded picture of my younger self holding and sobbing onto the body of what looked like my dead sister. She was bleeding everywhere.

My breathing stopped.

Time stopped.

All this information made me drop the file and experience a rush of all my memories happening at once as my hands roughly grasped onto my head.

Me coming back from playing volleyball...

Finding a man's body hanging on a noose in our backyard...

Rushing to find Mom and Dad in their room...