One Last Enquiry?

Her eyes snapped open before dawn from a long turmoil, her medicines helped a lot to make her sleep, but the pain in her heart didn't allow her to fall asleep. She struggled all night, she fought with herself all night, and then she checks the time, it was 5 in the morning.
She had fought for too many hours to fall asleep, and she knew there was nothing left to do but get up. She goes near her window and hears birds chirping. This annoys her, and she goes back to sleep. Trying for one last time. She keeps her head on the pillow and feels it wet. Of course, it was obvious that weeping the whole night made it wet. She nods and buries herself deep inside the pillow and shrieks. Thinking about everything is making her feel miserable. Everything was right in front of her, everything was happening with her consent, then, how can she be an idiot to even notice, what conspiracy she has stepped in? Her heart felt Haseena when she met her for the first time, her heart slipped for her. Her eyes saw Hassena in reality. She felt Haseena's presence. She did, then how come she is not true? How come these two years were a lie? How come, Haseena became a lie! "No, maybe I am missing out on something!" She thought to herself.
.
KS sits on the bed
.
KS- Shayad humse kuch chuth raha hai, pta nai kyu hum uss din jo bhi hua usse jhuth maan nai paa rahe. Par agar woh sach hai, toh Haseena ka baar baar aana humare paas bina bulaye, unke call and texts jhooth... Hume bilkul nai samajh mai aa raha hai yeh kya chal raha hai. Ek taraf lag raha hai haan yehi sach hai, par dusri taraf ek aur mauka dene ka man kar raha hai. (Closes her eyes and opens with a hopeful smile).. Hum aakhri baar fir sach jaane ki koshish karenge.
.
KS lies on the bed and waits to go to school, she gets ready and have her breakfast and most importantly her medicines. She takes her scooter and rides to the school, after arriving at the school, her heart bumps fastly. She can feel her heart pumping at an unusual speed. She keeps her hand over her heart and breathes deeply.
.
KS- Humne aapko mehsoos kiya hai, jaana hai parkha hai, aap humara vaham nai ho sakti, aaj aakhiri baar hum pta lagayenge, aur agar yeh sab jhuth nikla toh.....
.
KS goes in her class and keeps her bag on the bench and directly goes to the Principal's Room.
.
KS- May I come in Maddam?
.
Princi- Yes sure Karishma, come in.
.
KS- Good Morning Mam, mam could you please give me the visitors list for 2019? I urgently need it.
.
Princi- Why are you asking that and that too of 2019? Two years ago!
.
KS- Yeah, I know. I just want to know about Haseena Mallik. Did she visit our school for admission in Standard 12th?
.
Princi- Well, I don't remember Karishma, I have to go through the list. As far as I remember, I have heard her name.
.
KS- What have you (controls her excitement) Umm.. Mam, can I go through it, please?
.
Princi- Okay, I will give you the details in the next period. Alright?
.
KS- Thank You, Mam.
.
KS leaves the room and goes back to her classroom. She sees the bully gang sitting at the last corner. During these two years, they never dared to appear in front of Karishma, and nor did Karishma do the same. She always ignored them as if they don't exist. But this time she is going to meet them. She goes towards the gang and stands there. When the gang noticed her they became quiet as if a strict teacher has given them a punishment.
.
Boy- Kya hai? Kyu aayi ho?
.
KS- Tumhare muh lagna toh hume bhi pasand nai hai, par kya kare aaj majburi hai.
.
Girl- Bologi bhi?
.
KS- Tumne hume bully karna kyu chodha? Aise toh humara jeena haram kar dete the, fir achanak hriday parivartan kaise hua?
.
Boy2- Kamal ho tum, tumhe tang karte the tob problem nai karte toh problem. Waise (smiles evily) tum itna miss kar rahi ho toh (comes closer to her and rises his hands)
.
Karishma takes his hands and pushes it in opposite direction which makes the boy shout in pain, Karishma laughs.
.
KS- Woh kaa hai, hum jo puchte hai na hume uska hi jawab chahiye hota hai, oversmart logon se aur unki baaton se hume sakht nafrat hai, ab btao.(roars)
.
Girl- Chodho usse, aur tumne hi toh hume maara tha, aur woh koi ek aur ladki, kya naam tha uskaa.... Haa. Haseena Mallik, usne hi toh tumhari maddad ki thi.
.
KS- Kyaa! Haseena Mallik.
.
Girl- Shayad yahi naam tha, par tum kyu puch rahi ho, usko gaye toh do saal ho gaye naa.
.
KS leaves the boy and goes back to her bench, she checks the time, an hour before she took her medicines so there was no doubt that she was imagining again. She jumps in happiness that, yes her feelings were right. Now she was waiting for the visitors file, to check one last time as she don't want to take the risk again. She gleamed in joy. After an hour a staff calls Karishma and gives him the visitors file of 2019. With an exale she opens the file and begins her search. But to her surprise there was no one from that name. She closes the book and thinks how come, her Principal and the other students know about her if her name is not written in the list.
.
KS- Iska matlab yeh hai ki, Haseena ko saath jo aaye the woh unke mamma papa nai the. Maybe koi gaurdian ho sakta hai. Ho sakta nai woh hi hai. Matlab Haseena sach hai. Nai.... Gar woh sach hoti toh... Toh kal jo hua woh nai hota, shyad hum hi zayda soch rahe hai. Par agar hum imagine kar rahe hai toh yeh logon ko Haseena ke baare mai kaise pta. Jahan tak hume yaad hai humne toh kabhi Haseena ka zikra nai kiya toh... Ama bhakk
.. dimag ka churan hota jaa raha hai... Kya kare kya nai. Bhut hi zayda phas gaye hai hum. Waise bhi jab saalon ka adurapan sar chadh jaata hai tab yehi hota hai. Kash hum kabhi aapko imagine kiye hi nai hote. Aaj itna dard toh nai hota hume.
.
KS turns to take a notebook from her back, when she sees the gang were laughing looking at her, Karishma ignores them, thinking yeh Inka roz ka kaam hai, but still she felt something suspicious in their laughter. She takes the file and goes out of the classroom to give the file back to The Principal.
.
Acha bewakuf banaya usse.
.
Banana hi thaa, uss din ki maar abhi bhi taza hai, badla toh lena hi tha isse.
.
Par iski mental health?
.
Woi toh buri karni hai. (Smirks)
.
Shayad hum galat kar rahe hai.
.
Ho jaane do, aur apna muh band rakho samajhe.
.
Par tumhe Haseena ke baare mai pta kaise chala?
.
Maine uski dairy mai dekha tha, aur sach bolun, mujhe pehle se pta tha iske baare mai, it was fun. Do saal se bandi pagal ban rahi thi 😂
.
The gang laughs, but they were unaware that KS has overheard their convo, and now she no one is gonna save them from her.
.