Act I Scene 9

The biology lesson went pretty much how Y/n expected with the class being instructed to dissect a lambs heart and Naomi screaming whenever she had to touch something that wasn't a pen and paper. As the lesson ended there was a loud crackle coming from the loud speaker.

"Attention all students at the end of the month, we will be beginning a period of mock exams, more information will be provided via your school email. Good luck"

A groan resonated throughout the classroom after the announcement ended. "Hey Omi, what's the deal with these mock exams" Y/n asked, packing her stuff away as Naomi slammed her head against the desk.

"They're school wide exams, everyone has to do them, then the leader boards are released the top one hundred students and the lowest hundred are posted school wide. Academics are a pretty big deal so it's alot of stress" Naomi groaned, thinking about the non stop studying she was now going to struggle with.

"Huh I see... maybe I shouldn't of started going to school" Y/n mused as the two girls left their classroom to find a very glum looking Elliot, who was pacing around anxiously.

"You heard about the mock exams just now didn't you?" Y/n asked, as Elliot only nodded in response. "I don't know why you two are so worried about these, I mean they're just mock exams so the results don't mean anything" Y/n said yawning.

"Well if you're in the bottom fifty you're at risk of being kicked out" Naomi explained "and when you're not a natural genius it can be hard to keep your spot here" Naomi said rolling her eyes at he'd oblivious friend.

"Yeah... my Academics aren't the best either... my parents won't be happy if I'm in the bottom one hundred again" Elliot mumbles, looking down in shame.

"Don't worry you guys I'll tutor you until the mock exams" Y/n says confidently "I won't even charge you" she says winking.

"What's this about tutoring?" A familiar voice asks, interrupting the conversation. "Oh hey Grey, you wanna be tutored as well?" Naomi asked folding her arms as she raised her eye brows.

"I might be interested in some study sessions" Grey said sheepishly scratching his cheek. "You can join, the more the merrier" Y/n said brightly, clasping her hands together. This was a great way for her to make more friends, Naomi would surely be proud of her for this.

"Ah is it okay if I bring two more people with me? They're kind of struggling too" Grey asked. "Sure that's not problem, shall we start tomorrow the question is where?" Y/n said, brainstorming places that such a large group could study.

"After the announcement all the library's will be full, me and Y/n's dorm will probably be too small to fit everyone in" Naomi said.

"Ah in that case, why not the student council dorm, it's pretty big and we have our own library and everything." Grey suggested.

"That's a good idea, where is the student council dorm?" Y/n asked.

"Ah I'll get Kai to take you there tomorrow after school, he's monitoring you then right?" Grey asked.

"Yeah he is so I think we should be fine" Y/n said brightly, excited for the study session. The group chatted for a little while longer until a bell rang and they remembered that they all had classes to go to because you know, this is a school. Naomi, Grey, Y/n and Elliot, who was meant to take Y/n to and from class, all raced to the geography class on the floor above them, making it in record time.

"SAFE" Y/n shouted as she skidded to a hault outside the classroom. "Made it just in time" Naomi puffed, Grey was only a few paces behind them and Elliot was greatly lagging behind.

"You guys... go in... I'm in the class... next door..." He wheezed, catching up with the group and holding his hands to his knees. "Poor Elliot here is not the best with athletics" Grey whispered to Y/n who nodded in understanding. "Ohh I see"

"Yeah just think of him as a delicate piece of art who should be handled with the upmost care" Grey explained.

After saying goodbye to Elliot, the trio entered their almost full geography classroom, and to their suprise the teacher wasn't there yet. As this was one of the first geography class of the school year there was no seating plan yet so Naomi Grey and Y/n took seats at the desks in the back of the class, hopeful that they're trouble making would go unoticed.

About ten minutes passed and there was still no sign of the teachers, most of the girls had made their way to Grey's desk and were making some piss poor attempts of flirting with him, which he was too polite to shut down. There were some guys trying to flirt with a very agitated Naomi, who was trying her best not to scream at them and the remainder of the class stared at Y/n with curiosity as she fished some snacks out her bag and watched Naomi try and manage her anger with an amused expression.

"Sorry I'm late everyone" an elderly man's voice said, as a shriveled old man hobbled in through the door, using what little strength he had. "There was some issues in thr staff room that needed to be taken care of" he said, making his way to the front of the room. When the man had entered, the students swarming Grey and Naomi's desks had disappeared and made their way to their seats.

"I'm sure you've all heard about the up coming mock exams, and I'm sure you're all quite stressed, not to worry, I have a suprise for you all to help you unwind" he explained. The students all muttered with anticipation as the elderly teacher reached into his blazer pocket and pulled out a small rectangular box.

"Today we're going to be watching a documentary"

-------------------------
A/n: getting my motivation back?