Act II: Scene 2

The Student Council and Naomi spent the whole morning searching the campus, looking for Y/n or anyone who had seen her, with no luck. They all regrouped by the front of the school. Exchanging the little information they gathered.

Naomi's phone began ringing, causing everyone to turn to her, eyes wide. "It's my dad" she announced, some relief filling her body, maybe he had heard something. She answered the call. "Hey dad-" she began but he cut her off.

"Where's Y/n I can't get a hold of her?" He asked hurriedly, "I... don't know, is everything okay?" She asked, the previous relief she felt faded fast. "You need to come home" his breath was caught in his throat. "Anna... doesn't have alot of time left" At those words Naomi felt her mind go blank. "I understand, I'll find her soon" Naomi said, hanging up the phone.

"Naomi are you okay? You've gone pale" Grey asked, his face and voice twisted with worry and concern. "We need to find her now" Naomi managed to say, tears falling silently from her eyes.

*

Y/n's throat was dry from all the screaming. Her blood stained her clothes and the floor around her. Pain pulsed throughout her body after what felt like hours of torture. She was pretty sure some of her ribs were broken. She glared at her captor with disgust as he casually lit up another cigarette.

"Ready to drop out yet kiddo?" The man asked, exhaling smoke from his lips. "Go... fuck yourself" she wheezed out. Pain pulsing through her as she spoke. "Well then you're gonna be here alot longer- what now?" He hissed, answering his phone that started ringing. "What?" he demanded, holding the phone to his ear. Y/n couldn't hear what the caller was saying.

"I don't fucking care deal with it- hello?" He yelled before looking at his phone and grimacing. "Looks like your knight in shining armor as arrived" he sighed, annoyed. "You're lucky" he said glancing to the door. Y/n could hear faint gunshots and screaming. "Looks like my son is finally paying me a visit"

Y/n didn't know what he meant nor did she care to know, someone was here to rescue her and that's all that mattered, how she longed for her bed and instant noodles. Y/n didn't even have the energy to hold her head up, so she remained slumped over in the chair. Carefully breathing so as not to cause more damage to her body.

"Look alive kiddo, we have a guest" the man said, taking a revolver from his back pocket, clicking it as if to ready it for whatever was coming. Y/n eyed the man as he opened the door, which revealed a bright hallway littered with bodies, blood spurted everywhere.

"Nice of you to join us, I was just having a chat with your friend" the man said welcoming someone in the room. "Fuck off I'm taking her home" Kai spat, glaring at the man with disgust. "Language Kai, I didn't raise you to have a potty mouth now did I?" The man chuckled, pointing his gun at Kai. Y/n glanced between the two, now noticing the similarities in appearances.

"That's your dad?" Y/n asked in suprise finally lifting her head to look at the commotion. Her e/c orbs widening not only in suprise at her friends sudden arrival, but also at the reveal of his relation to the man. "Believe me Y/n I'm no more happier about it that you" He groaned, pointing his own gun at the man.

"How did you even find me?" She asked. "Noticed that fucker had less men following me around, figured one of them might know something" Kai said shrugging. "Have you been enjoying your independence?" His father asked, unfazed. "You certainly seemed to of let loose on my men" the man joked, looking down the hallway that was still scattered with bodies.

"I'm taking Y/n home" Kai hissed, his temper flaring. "Now now, I have a job to do, that grouchy school president of yours was very eager she leaves Eadge Academy, and I'll be damned if I don't get results" the man said shrugging, pointing his gun towards Y/n's legs. "COLE SET YOU UP TO THIS!? THAT BASTARD" Y/n yelled, forgetting her several broken bones that now had her screaming in pain once again.

"Cole did this?" Kai yelled, his patience fleeting. He was about damned ready to shoot his father then and there. "Get that fucking gun away from Y/n, I'm already about to fucking rip your head off for even touching her, you don't even want to know what I'm going to do for hurting her" Kai hissed, sending a shiver down her spine. Y/n knew he meant every word.

"What? You think he added you to the student council for the hell of it?" Kai's father laughed again. "You're thick as shit, are you sure you're my son? I asked him to send me information on you and in return I'd take care of his dirty work" the man laughed. "SHUT UP I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU" Kai screamed, his grip on the gun tightening.

"Do it" his father said, pressing his forehead against Kai's gun. "You can scream that you're not like me but deep down you're just like me. You know it, I know it, hell that girl probably knows it" his father cackled, eyes glancing towards Y/n who glared at him.

"Don't you even fucking look at her" Kai hissed, pulling the trigger. Blood splattered everywhere and a sharp ringing in Y/n's ears erupted. Kai's father collapsed to the ground, lifeless. He was dead.

Kai knelt down infront of her, beginning to undo her restraints. "Are you okay?" She asked meekly. Kai looked up at her in horror. "Are you seriously asking me that?" Now it was Y/n's turn to look horrified. "You just killed your dad!?" She exclaimed. "Yeah and he tortured you for god knows how long, he was a piece of shit through and through" Kai said, undoing the last restraint on her legs, moving behind her to free her arms.

"I'm gonna kill Cole" Y/n hissed, moving her wrists once they were free. "Me too" Kai said, scooping her up his arms, bridal style. "Don't look at me like that you're too hurt to move" he said, seeing her annoyed face. "Fine" she puffed, getting comfortable in his arms, she never realised how muscular he was before.

"You might wanna close you eyes" he said, leaving the room where Y/n was imprisoned in. Y/n did as she was told and shut her eyes tight as Kai led her out of whatever building they were in. The smell of fresh air was a pleasant feeling compared to the rust and metallic scent of blood she had come accustomed too.

"You can open them again" Kai said, Y/n opened her eyes and it was really dark, it was night time. "How is Naomi?" Y/n asked. Kai's mind went blank for a moment, he wasn't sure what to say, or if the news should even come from him. "Let's just get you home" he said walking up to a familiar black car and opening the passenger door for her, placing her gently inside, doing her seat belt up for her.

Getting into the drivers seat and starting the car, beginning to drive away. "Naomi told me you hate hospitals and we weren't sure what kind of state we'd find you in so there's a doctor waiting for you back at our place" he explained. "Thank you Kai" she murmered sleepily, moments before she dozed off.

A warmth spread through Kai. He hadn't known Y/n for long but it felt like ages already. There was something about her that soothed the anger he felt constantly. She was only a foot away from him, resting her head on the glass window sleeping, but it felt like too far. His hand itched to move closer to her but he needed to focus on the road.

That moment in the car, Kai vowed to never let Y/n get hurt again.

---------
A/n: I'm sorry for the lack of updates I've been having really bad burn out, I'm gonna try be more consistent I'm just exhausted :")