Act I: Scene 15

"Guys did you hear, Mr Lawrence was fired?" Grey said, running up to Naomi and Y/n who we're packing up their school bags.

"Damn... such a shame, he was a kind teacher" Y/n said dryly, avoiding eye contact with Naomi and Grey. "Yeah and you definitely weren't the one who leaked his search history" Naomi sighed, rolling her eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about, anyways it's time for our study session, Grey where's the dorm?" Y/n said brightly, clearly changing the subject.

"If you guys will follow me I'll gladly take you there, Elliott, Asher and Kai will probably be home by now" Grey says smiling brightly as he walked out the school with the two girls in tow.

Walking across Eadge Academy campus was nothing short of nerve wracking for Naomi. She could feel the stares of the fan girls piercing the back of her head. She was afraid of this happening hence why she lagged behind Y/n and Grey who were happily chatting away, oblivious to the raging eyes of fan girls.

"Welp this is it" Grey announced at the front of a grand looking mansion. "Elliott should be waiting for us already" Grey said smiling opening up the door for them. "Can you please take off your shoes, Cole is a neat freak." Grey asks, taking off his own. "Mine are staying on" Y/n says firmly crossing her arms, ignoring Naomi taking off her shoes, Grey only shrugs in response.

Grey takes them upstairs and through a hallway, opening a door and revealing a large room, the walls lined with large book shelves and a large table in the centre where Elliott was sat reading a book. "Ah you guys are here" Elliott said looking up from his book and a smile spread on his face when seeing them.

"Grey you said someone else would be joining us? Where are they?" Y/n asks taking a seat across from Elliott as Grey and Naomi sat on either side of him. "Oh it was Kai and Ashee, but they texted me and something came up so he can't make it" Grey said awkwardly.

"Ah that's fine. Anyways, here's the mock exam I've made for you guys, you all have an hour and a half, exam conditions" Y/n said, reaching into her bag and pulling out a stack of papers and handing them out "just write you're names on them and we can begin" Y/n instructed as everyone took pens out and scribbled down on the paper.

"And begin" Y/n said beginning a timer on her phone. Looks of concentration spread across the three. Elliott looked confused, spending each time carefully on the questions. Naomi blazed through the exam, crossing out answers frequently and rewriting them as she went. And Grey, seemed to just answer how he felt.

The hour and a half passed very quickly and Y/n's phone timer began to ring. "Time's up, pens down and hand me your papers I'll make them" Y/n said pulling out a red pen. Y/n marked all three tests at the same time, ensuring she's marked it all correctly.

"Right so I've finished marking your tests" Y/n said closing the exams. Naomi, Grey and Elliott were waiting with anxiety. "I've never read anything so... so..." Y/n was struggling to articulate her words. "Just tell us" Naomi snapped unable to take the pressure.

"Horribly, horribly wrong. Naomi you scored ten out of a hundred, Grey you scored a seven and Elliott scored six" Y/n said sighing. Everyone looked disappointed.

"Naomi you don't give yourself enough time, that's where you stumble, Grey you need to think a lot more about your answers and Elliott you actually need to answer, over half your exam was blank"

"I just wanna make sure I get the answer right" Elliott mumbles looking down at his lap. "It's gonna be okay because I'm here now. Give me some time and I'll make some exercises for you guys to do which focuses on your weaknesses" Y/n says brightly in an attempt to boost moral, taking out her laptop she begins to type furiously. About half an hour later she finishes.

"I've sent you all emails with work to do. Finish that all today and I'll mark it all once I get it and I'll send feedback" Y/n explains. "Thank you teacher" they all said in unison, happy to recieve help. "No one is to leave this room till I have them all marked." They all let out a groan.

Cole watched from a crack in the door of a library. A cold stare directed towards Y/n who was explaing the solution to a very confused Elliott. What could a fool like her teach them? One thing was for sure though, he was dreading Monday when he had to monitor her.

*

"I'm beat" Grey said sighing, leaning back in his chair and loosening his tie. "I'm used to this, She used to tutor me for math tests" Naomi said with a cocky grin. "Elliott, how did you find it?" Grey asked, seemingly refreshed now. "Y/n is a really good teacher, if we keep this up we might actually pass" Elliott says feeling a little more confident. "Oh it's gotten super late, do you guys wanna be walked home?" Grey asks, looking at the time on his phone.

"Nah we should be fine, it's still fairly bright outside" Y/n said stretching, standing up from her seat. "Oh right make sure to review everything we went over today" She adds as everyone leaves the library to take the girls outside.

After waving their goodbyes, Y/n and Naomi found themselves at a familiar scene, walking slowly together and laughing about random things that have come to their attention. The setting sun led to a harsh but beautiful orange decorating the sky.

If things stayed like this for a long time, maybe not forever. Y/n would be happy. For the first time in a whole, Y/n was excited for what tomorrow would bring.

----------------
A/n: Not gonna lie but that Halloween chapter nearly killed me

Act 1 should be drawing to a close soon. Prepare your butt's.