Act I: Scene 21

The atmosphere around Eadge Academy had practically changed drastically overnight. Everyone was now dead focused in class. Aggressively taking notes and hanging on to the teachers every word. Y/n decided she should probably take studying somewhat seriously now.

The biggest suprise to her was how empty the cafeteria became at lunch time, with very few students, inside eating, however they were continuing to study as the ate. Y/n and Asher began eating and studying in the robotics room at lunch time. Y/n decided it was too much work to manage a club so it became her and Asher's secret hang out room.

As the days went on, the studious atmosphere only worsened as the beginning of the mock exams drew closer and closer. Naomi constantly had her head in some type of text book, frequently asking Y/n some questions when needed, which she was always happy to answer.

Evenings Y/n and Naomi often found themselves at the student councils dorm library, studying with Asher, Grey, Elliott and Kai when he could be bothered to show up, when he did, he napped. Cole sometimes joined in but sat in silence. Y/n was secretly glad, she thought it meant they were warming up to eachother.

Then in a blink of an eye. Exams rolled around. Students were tested in one of the many large halls around the school. Y/n often finished her exams in the first hour, and slept for the remainder of the time. Naomi was always scribbling furiously till the last second, an examiner once had to pry the pen out of her hand at the end of the exam. Grey complained that he still had at least two questions left.

Elliott tried to remember what Y/n said about being more sure of himself when answering questions. As long as he wasn't in the bottom fifty this time he would be okay. Asher was feeling pretty confident in himself however he often skipped questions that he found "too taxing to deal with". Kai just rested his head on the desk after a short period of time, flashing the examiner a charming yet cocky grin when his paper was collected.

And Cole, he answered every questions carefully, with meticulous working out and thought behind his answers. He often finished early but would spend the remainder of the time going through his exam papers with a strict eye.

And almost as soon as they began, the exams were over.

Naomi sighed with defeat as Y/n, Grey and herself entered their classroom the day after they finished. "I just know I failed that final paper" she grumbled, sitting down at her seat, loosening her tie. "Complaining won't help, you studied really hard, you've definitely done well" Y/n said, sitting on top of Naomi's desk. "Y/n's right Naomi, you should be proud" Grey added. Naomi felt her heart beat fasten. Her crush on Grey was definitely rekindling. Much to her dismay.

"Yeah yeah, easy for you guys to say" she said, waving her hand dismissively. The door to the classroom flew open with a ragged student panting "RESULTS POSTED OUTSIDE THE CAFETERIA" He yelled before running away, presumably to tell other classes.

The classroom was silent. Everyone glancing around at eachother. Then chaos ensued. Everyone started running at full speed down the hallways to the cafeteria where the results were.

"Oh look, there's our favourite second years" Asher said brightly, standing with Elliott and Kai. "Where are the results?" Naomi asked, Asher pointed at four tall boards on the wall. Labeled first year results, second year results, third year results and overall results.

"LOOK Y/N YOU PLACED FIRST IN THE SECOND YEAR" Grey yelled hugging her. "Oh my god Naomi you got fifty second! I'm so proud of you. Where are you Grey?" Y/n yelled, pulling Naomi into the hug. "Fifty one" Grey said smugly. "Show off" Naomi grumbled.

"How did you guys place?" Y/n asked the third years. "Elliott got twenty fifth place, Kai got sixty, but I think that was by choice, I got thirty eight and Cole placed in first" Asher said. "Well done Everyone I'm so proud" Y/n cheered. "Aren't you forgetting something" Asher reminded.

"Oh right, it's lunch time" Y/n cheered, getting ready for food. "Your bet with Cole" Naomi sighed. "Oh right" She remembered, not much change in her demeanour. The chatty and loud corridor silenced. Whispering erupted and eyes fell on Y/n. Y/n looked up at the overall results board.

Overall Results.

1. Y/n L/n
2. Cole Eadge
3. Sophia Miller

"Well done Y/n you won fair and square" a familiar voice said. "Cole hey" she said brightly, turning around and seeing him there. "I'm going to hold up to my end of the bargin, there's no need for the student council to monitor you anymore." Cole said, smiling at her. The student council watched intently. Waiting for Cole to throw a temper tantrum. To their surprise he didn't, maybe the blossoming friendship between the scholarship student and the president was because of that.

"Kinda a shame to be honest, I was enjoying having you guys around" Y/n said brightly. "We can still hang out though Y/n right guys" Asher cheered, everyone nodding in unison.

"How about I treat you to some cake from one of the cafes around the school this evening as a congratulations for winning?" Cole suggested. Y/n's eyes brightened "there's cafes here? Okay I'm ordering one of everything" she cheered. "Is it just me or is Cole taking this... really well?" Asher whispered to Grey. "Don't say anything he might change back any second."

"I'll meet you after school then"

*

Y/n and Cole were sat in one of the schools cafes that Cole had reserved for the two of them Y/n was surrounded by cake, sat across from Cole, who was drinking a cappuccino.

"Thank you for this Cole, I'm glad we could do this" Y/n said brightly. "Me too, congratulations on winning our bet" Cole said, sipping his cappuccino. The two chatted about school and why Y/n decided to skip a whole year of classes, not being pleased about her answer of "the bed was comfortable".

The two left the cafe after Y/n declared she was too full to eat another bite and Cole said he would walk her back to her dorm. "Ah, please excuse me a moment, I need to take this" Cole said, pulling his phone out of his pocket, as it blared a classical music song. "Hello" Cole said walking off to have his phone call. He disappeared around the side of a building and Y/n took out her own phone to play a cat farming game, the cute noises bringing a large smile to her face.

Out of nowhere a heavy material covered her vision blacking out the world around her "what the-" she began, but a wet cloth doused in a strong smelling chemical, covered her nose and mouth.

"Y/n L/n, it would be in your best interest if you came with us quietly" was the last thing she heard before her consciousness slipped away from her and her entire world went black.

End of Act I