Act I: Scene 11

"We're gonna be late for school, where the hell is your monitor?" Naomi said impatiently, checking her wrist watch and pacing around the dorm. Naomi hated being late. "Uhh not really sure?" Y/n said, unbothered by being late to school but more bothered by Naomi's current temperment.

"I'm sure he'll be here any minute, so why don't you relax?" Y/n suggested, stretching, egar to go back to sleep. "I don't like being late, at least Elliott had the decency to show up early" Naomi mumbled. "Hey were you told what would happen if you avoided your monitor for the day?" Naomi asked, tying up her hair.

"Uhh no grumpy president didn't say, but if Kai doesn't show up I don't think I can get into trouble, since you know, it's not my fault." Y/n shrugged "you know what that's a good point. Come on Y/n we're going to school" Naomi announced, grabbing Y/n by the hand and dragging her out the door, without much of a fight from the h/c haired girl.

*

The girls, surprisingly enough, arrived to class a half hour early. Naomi was taking the time go get her stationary out whilst Y/n was resting her head on her desk, watching her friend. "You're always so diligent, shame your grades don't reflect that" Y/n said smirking. "WHY YOU-"

"Oh hey Grey" Y/n said smiling, as if she wasn't about to receive the hardest smack of her life. "Morning Y/n, Naomi, what's going on?"

"Eh nothing much, hey have you seen Kai?" Y/n asked as Naomi glared at her before going back to organising her desk. "Uh no why? Is he looking for me?" Grey said his voice going a few octaves higher and his whole body began to start trembling.

"Uh no, he just never showed up this morning that's all, why what did you do?" Y/n asked.

"Uhhh I sorta..." Grey began before trailing off.

"We can't hear you"

"I destroyed his new jumper in the laundry"

Naomi pressed her hands together and began a prayer "Dear lord above please welcome our friend Grey Contine into your Heavenly kingdom with open arms and a kind smile for he shall be joining your eternal kingdom so-" Grey quickly shoved his hand over Naomi's mouth, Y/n observed her friend. A small shade of red spread over her friends cheeks. 'Oh... it's like that'

"Naomi shush he won't kill me will he?" Grey asked slowly removing his hand from her mouth. "You know how scary Kai is" Naomi said shrugging.

"Why is he so scary?" Y/n asked.

"Well I don't know if it's true, but apparently he's from a super powerful crime family" Grey whispered to the girls. "How do you not know if it's true or not? Don't you live with him?" Naomi pointed out.

"True but... he's more closed off than Elliott, we hardly know a thing about him, Cole won't even disclose the reason why he was added to the student council" Grey said.

"So what?" Y/n asked.

"What do you mean 'so what?' Y/n" Naomi asked.

"I mean why does it matter what his family does or not? It's not like its any of our business." Y/n said, reaching into her bag to pull out a bag of snacks, ripping open the packet.

"I mean at the end of the day, he's just another student at this academy, so we should treat him like one, at least that's my opinion on it" Y/n said "mhm these are really good Omi, try some" Y/n said holding the bag out to her friend.

"Well I suppose you have a point" Grey says sighing.

*

"Just another student huh... that's somewhat refreshing" Kai mumbled, standing by the partially open door of the classroom truth be told, he overslept and completely forgot about Y/n, oh well, as long as Cole doesn't find out. Not like Cole could touch him anyways.

"Hey Kai, how you doing? Hm? This is Y/n's class, why are you out here?" Asher asked, walking over to Kai.

"Eavesdropping obviously, anyways, you've spent some time with that Y/n chick right?" Kai asked, pointing to the h/c girl who was currently taunting Grey with food.

"Y/n yeah? I'd say we're probably friends. Why do you ask?" Asher says watching Y/n out devour the whole bag of snacks infront of a depressed Grey.

"She's pretty fucking weird isn't she?"

"Yeah she's pretty" Asher hummed before realising what he said. "I mean don't talk about my friend like that" he corrected.

"Okay first of all, you're probably more weird than she is, and second. Dude are you into her?" Kai asked.

"Uhhh I don't know, it's complicated"

"Uh huh and if I invited her to go out with me to dinner tomorrow you'd be cool with that" Kai teased.

"No- I mean- yes- just do what you want"

"Cool because I'm seeing her tomorrow" Kai said, turning on his heels to head to wherever his class wasn't.

"When did you ask her out on a date?" Asher said running after him.

"It's not a date and it was the other day, you were right infront of me when I did" Kai said, unamused by Asher's forgetfulness.

"Oh wait yeah I remember now, wow that feels like months ago, maybe even a year. Time just moves slowly I guess." Asher mused. "Anyways, are you ditching? I want to come"

"Fine just keep that trap of yours shut" Kai said sighing. He only wanted one cigarette but if Asher was coming with he may need the whole packet.

"Sure sure" Asher said grinning.

Back in the classroom Grey was certain he heard Kai and someone else talking outside, but when further investigation he saw no one outside. Must just be the fear of Kai finding him and killing him.

Grey took his seat next to Naomi as the teacher walked into the classroom. The lesson was just about to begin when the familiar but dreaded crackle of the loud speaker resounded through the crowd.

"Can Y/n L/n in Second Year Class One please report to the student council office immediately"

"Oh for fucks sakes" Y/n groaned once the announcement finished. 

"LANGUAGE MISS L/N LUNCH DETENTION." The teacher yelled.

"That's the worst kind" Y/n groaned. 

--------------
A/n: you know one time I got a half hour detention because I was 30 seconds late to class. Like I just didn't go up the stairs fast enough? Anyways fuck that teacher

Songs for the characters

Y/n L/n: Cure for me - AURORA

Naomi Hamler: Save your tears - The Weekend and Ariana Grande

Grey Contine: Take my Breath - The Weekend

Kai Raven: Cooler than me - Mike Posner

Asher Bellmond: Get Into It Yuh - Doja Cat

Elliott Fitzgerald: Shinunoge E-Wa - Fujii Kaze

Cole Eadge: Alien Blues - Vundabar

I

have like whole playlists for most of my books lmao