Act I: Scene 18

It was now a crisp and chilly Monday morning. A day that Y/n had been dreading for a while now. Monday was the day Cole would be chaperoning her. Y/n wanted nothing more than to jump out the window and fake her death before starting a new life in Mexico. But that would take too much effort.

A knock on the door signalled to Y/n and Naomi that Cole had arrived. "This mother fucker is super early" Y/n grumbled buttoning up her shirt, missing the top button, and walking into the. "I'll get it, not really keen on spending the morning in the police station testifying against you for murder" Naomi said as Y/n shrugged. "Is breakfast almost ready?" Y/n asked ignoring the furious knocking at the door.

"Yes it should be done now, can you please plate it?" Naomi asked opening the door to see a mildly frustrated Cole waiting for them. "Good morning, would you like some breakfast" Naomi greeted brightly. "No thanks I've already eaten"  Cole said stepping inside. Y/n was already sat down at the table, buttering her toast with an intense look on her face, probably so she wouldn't have to speak to Cole.

"Uh just make yourself comfortable then..." Naomi said sitting across from Y/n, taking some buttered toast from the stack Y/n had accumulated. Breakfast was eaten in silence due to the awkwardness of Cole standing nearby watching them. "Breakfast should be eaten at six thirty the earliest" Cole grumbled adjusting his tie, unhappy by th fact he was being held up. "Respectfully, shut up" Y/n said without missing a beat, piling more toast onto her plate as a silent act of defiance.

Eventually Naomi got Y/n to finish her breakfast, with many complaints from the h/c haired girl, who was not happy about anything today. In her mind, Y/n had decided that next Monday she was going to call in sick and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Y/n would rather miss a meal than spend the day with Cole.

The three walked to school, with Naomi and Y/n chatting and acting like Cole wasn't there, with many sympathetic glances towards Cole from Naomi. As Y/n was in the middle of telling Naomi a joke with an over the top set up, a ring started to play from Naomi's pocket. "Oh I thought I put this thing on silent" Naomi said sheepishly, glancing over at Cole. "We're not in the school building, it's fine" Cole said sighing as if Naomi should of known this already.

"Hello... yes... today? Okay I understand, thank you for this opportunity, I'll make arrangements now" Naomi said before hanging up her phone. "That was my manager, I have a really important photoshoot today. I don't know why it wasn't booked until just now. Will you be okay on your own?" Naomi asked nervously, looking between Y/n and Cole. "Yes I'll be fine, go look pretty for a camera" Y/n joked, Naomi gave a soft smile before waving goodbye to the two and dashing to the school grounds entrance where her manager would be picking her up.

"What are you looking at?" Y/n spat, feeling Cole's steely gaze on her. "Just a delinquent" Cole sighed before walking towards school "I'm not a delinquent!" Y/n shouted catching up to him. The two walked in silence, making it a point to ignore each other. Y/n was glad, she couldn't stand a thing that came out of his mouth.

Y/n had math today first thing. She liked math, it was like solving puzzles, Y/n liked to pretend she was a detective when solving equations. Y/n sat down at her desk and glanced over to the left to Naomi's empty desk, she missed her friend already. Although she was early for class, Y/n was surprised by the amount of students inside the classroom already. It was probably due to the nearing mock exams.

Y/n sat down at her desk and began to unpack her bag. Lifting up the top of her desk to look for snacks Y/n saw an envelope addressed to her. It wasn't familiar handwriting, perhaps Grey was playing a joke on her. Y/n took the letter, glancing around the room before opening the envelope to read it's content.

'𝘛𝘰 𝘠/𝘯

𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘢𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘮.

𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵.

- 𝘈𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳'

Well this was certainly out of character for him. Y/n took her phone out to text Asher about the letter. But before she could even unlock her phone the teacher came in. Y/n put her phone away and sighed, guess she'll have to find out later.

The clock ticked slowly as Y/n waited for the approaching meeting with anticipation. Eventually the minute hand reached closer to half past, Y/n decided it was time to make her move. Y/n's hand shot up, quickly ganing the teachers attention. "Yes Y/n?"

"May I go to the nurses office?" Y/n asked. "Why?" The teacher sighed. "I'm getting really bad cramps" Y/n announced. The math teacher nodded knowingly. "Alright take your stuff, I'll email you the contents of the rest of the lesson so you don't fall behind." The teacher said kindly. "Thank you Miss" Y/n said grinning before sweeping her belongings into her school bag and dashing out the class room.

Y/n had never been to the back of the school before, the air was still warm, hinting to a couple more weeks of sun before the weather inevitably went into full on winter mode.

Y/n found the fountain with ease, but not Asher. Three girls were waiting there, chatting amongst themselves, stopping once they noticed Y/n.

"Well well well, she actually showed. Can't believe Asher is spending time with this plain Jane" one girl scoffed. 'Ah shit, I knew this was fishy' Y/n mentally face palmed, realising the situation.

The three girls began to walk over to Y/n. "So you're Asher's new plaything? I don't really understand it. Maybe he's never slept with a broke bitch before and wanted to try something new" the second girl sneered, flicking Y/n's hair like it was filth.

"And I guess he got bored of you then? How long did it take him to get tired of you? Two minutes I'm guessing" Y/n spat. "HOW DARE YOU" the second girl shrieked slapping Y/n across her face. The second girl was wearing a ring, which cut Y/n's skin.

"She's got quite the mouth on her, let's teach her a lesson" the third girl sneered. All of a sudden Y/n felt her arms being held back behind her, the first two girls were holding her in place so she couldn't run away.

The third girl punched Y/n in the mouth, cutting her bottom lip, "I don't know which is worse, your punch or your face" Y/n said chuckling to herself.

"Oh you're so asking for it" the girl yelled, not hesitating to punch Y/n in the face again. "Do you want to explain to me why you're beating up a fellow student or shall I just expell the three of you on the spot" a familiar voice said. Y/n looked up, she never thought she would be so happy to see Cole.

"It's uhh, it's not what it looks like-" one of the girls said, letting go of Y/n "we were just hanging out right Y/n?" The girl who was beating up Y/n says. "Mother fucker what kind of things are you doing if you think assault is a great hang out activity?" Y/n yelled stepping away from the girls and closer to Cole.

"You three are expelled. If I see any of you near my school again I will not hesitate to you contact the authorities and have you detained, do I make myself clear?" Cole said, ice dripping from his voice. "Dude, do you even have that kind of power?" Y/n whispered. "As student council president it is my duty to ensure the safety of students, unfortunately you are included in that" Cole said sighing. The three girls had now run off. "Are they really expelled?" Y/n asked, to which Cole ignored her. Guess she shouldn't worry about it then.

"Thank you for saving me there, I owe you" Y/n said awkwardly, shuffling her feet. "How did you know I was out here?" Y/n asked. "My classroom was opposite yours, I saw you run out and assumed you were up to no good so I followed you" Cole said sighing, as this was all a major inconvenience to him.

"Sorry to be interrupting you studies like that" Y/n mumbled looking down. "It's alright, I'm just glad you weren't seriously injured, come on follow me" Cole said turning on his heel. "Huh, where are we go-" before Y/n could finish her sentence, Cole grabbed her wrist and began leading her towards the school.