Act I Scene 17

Kai drove them into Central London, and parked the car infront of a lavish looking high rise restaurant. Kai muttered about the prices of parking "being a fucking scam" before leading Y/n into the restaurant.

"Ahh Mr Raven, it's good to see you! Is this lady your girlfriend?" A man with a heavy accent, that Y/n couldn't quite place, asked brightly, a small beed of sweat appeared on his forehead. "I'm afraid she has more interest in your menu than me, please take us to the VIP section" Kai ordered, like he was used to this. "Certainly, this way" the host said, trying to calm his nerves as he led Y/n and Kai to an elevator which took them to the top floor which over looked the whole of London.

The host led them to a table in the quiet part of the restaurant and has them seated quickly. "May I offer you any wines at all?" The waiter asked. "Oh none for me thanks" Y/n said declining politely, feeling a little out of place. "Oh do you not drink?" Kai asked in surprise "I'm still underaged" Y/n explained. "So?" Kai asked. "It's pretty common for teenagers to start drinking before they're eighteen, uh I'll take a Merlot please" Kai says looking up at the waiter.

"True, just never really had an interest in it, I'll take a lemonade please" The waiter noted down the orders before leaving them to check on other tables. "You can try some of my wine if you'd like?" Kai offered. "Sure" Y/n said, slightly curious now.

"Wow there's not even prices on the menu, how fancy is this restaurant?" Y/n asked in amazement. "Pretty fancy, order what you like it's on me, as I've said" Kai said smirking. The waiter came back with a tall glass of lemonade with bits of fruit floating at the top and a dark bottle of wine for Kai which the waiter poured a large glass of. "Are you to ready to order now?" The waiter asked. "I am. What grade is the wagyu steak?" Y/n asked. "It is A five, the highest quality there is" the waiter explained.

"Okay perfect. I'll take the sixteen ounce wagyu steak cooked medium rare with a side of peppercorn sauce and truffle fries" Y/n said grinning handing the waiter her menu. "That sounds good I'll have the same" Kai announced handing back his menu. "Excellent choices, I'll be right back with your food" the waiter said before disappearing again.

"So Y/n, do you really not care about my family?" Kai asked, sipping his wine. "Bit of a weird question but no I don't. Not really my business is it?" Y/n said gently. "I'm assuming you heard the rumours that I'm from a crime family?" Kai asked. "Yeah I have" Y/n said. "It's true" Kai said, shrugging. He eyed Y/n carefully, waiting for her reaction. "Damn for real? Mad that" Y/n said, sipping on her lemonade. "Yeah I cut ties with my father long ago though, he still sends me money though, I think he wants me to come back home" Kai said rolling his eyes.

"Why won't you?" Y/n asks, tilting her head to the side. "Everywhere I went, people respected me out of fear. People treated me like a monster" Kai said, staring at his glass of wine. "So you were lonely?" Y/n asked. "Yeah pretty much"

"Has it gotten better?" Kai sighs. "Obviously people talk and word got out about my family, so not much has changed, you're different though?" Kai says. "How so?" Y/n asked taking another swig of lemonade. "You just don't care, most people would probably find that annoying but it's nice when you're like that with me" Kai explains. "I don't believe that people should be judged on anything but their actions. Just because you're born rich or poor doesn't mean you should be treated differently"

"After spending years surrounded by snot nosed rich kids, it's nice to hear that being said" Kai sighs. "Can I try some of that wine now?" Y/n asks, Kai pushes his glass towards her. Y/n picks up the large glass, raising it to her lips before taking a small sip. A bitter taste entered her mouth and the strong sensation of alcohol followed along. Y/n promptly pushed the glass back, grimacing. "You can keep that"

"More for me" Kai said with a smirk as he drank the gross wine once again. "I have your steaks" the waiter announced, appearing from nowhere and placing the plates down infront of them. After thanking the waiter Y/n looked down at her steak and burst into tears.

"Why are you crying?" Kai asked slightly alarmed. "It's just so beautiful" Y/n said wiping her tears with a napkin, praying her make up wasn't smudged. "You're so weird"

"And you're paying for this"

*

Despite what anyone else would of thought, Y/n and Kai did enjoy each others company. It was an odd mix, seeing the schools odd ball and bad boy hanging out together. They didn't have much in common at all, Y/n living a very sheltered and protected life where Kai grew up in the darkest corners of humanity. Kai found it comforting that Y/n wasn't afraid of him, and funny that she just didn't care.

Y/n and Kai were now sat in the back of his car, after a very expensive yet delicious meal. Kai had called for one of his lackies to come drive them back to Eadge. It was a silent drive home, with Y/n dozing off next to Kai, who was watching her out of the corner of his eye.

Kai sighed, gently wrapping his arm around her and pulling her towards his chest so she could sleep on him, instead of waking up with a cold and sore face from sleeping against the window.

"Sorry Asher, might have to fight you on tha one" Kai said with a heavy sigh.