Act II: Scene 3

Everyone looked up when Kai carried Y/n into the kitchen. Naomi burst into tears of relief, which fell harder once seeing the state of her friend. Grey and Elliott took her to the room they had set up for her where the doctors were waiting for her.

Naomi waited anxiously outside of the room, waiting for any type of news, Grey, Asher and Elliott did their best to comfort her but they could barely hide their nervousness themselves. Cole was discussing something with one of the nurses the doctors had brought in with them, and Kai... Kai hadn't spoken since he left Y/n in the spare room. An unreadable dark expression on his face.

Naomi swallowed. She didn't know what to say to him, they hardly spoke before and she didn't know what exactly she could even say to him. "Are you okay?" Naomi finally said. Kai looked up at her. "I've had better days" Kai answered slowly. "Thank you for... for getting her back" Naomi said. "Don't mention it" he said, cutting the conversation short.

Naomi looked away, deciding it best to just stop trying to have a conversation, there was plenty of time for that later, right now Y/n was more important. "Um are you two hungry?" An unfamiliar voice called out. Naomi looked to where the noise came from, it was Elliott, holding a plate of food for them. "Oh thank you Elliott" Naomi said smiling gently. "Oh it's no problem, I just wanted to be helpful" he said bashfully. "How are you holding up?" Naomi asks, trying to make conversation to distract herself from the situation.

"Yeah... for the most part okay, I just got a call from my parents about my brother..." Elliott says trialing off. "Oh is everything okay?" Naomi asks, eyes full of worry. "Yeah, I'm not too sure apparently there's some trouble with police, my mother was kinda upset" Elliott explained, not wishing to go into further detail. "I hope everything's okay" Naomi said shifting nervously.

A doctor came out of the door where Y/n was to face the three of them. "She's in a stable condition, she sustained alot of injuries, her ribs were bruised and her left arm is broken, she's sleeping right now but it's difficult to see what kind of mental damaged she's sustained, it will be difficult to tell until she wakes up" The doctor explained. "I see, thank you" Kai said standing up. "Can we see her now?" Naomi asked. "You can... but please be mindful" the doctor said "please do not hesitate to call me if there's any change in her condition" the doctor said before leaving.

Elliott, Naomi and Kai all piled into the room where Y/n was sleeping soundly. Her right arm was in a cast wrapped around in f/c fabric. Naomi did her best to choke back her tears, Y/n's face was covered in bruises and she had alot of stitches on her body. "Oh Y/n I'm so so sorry" Naomi wailed, rushing to Y/n's side and holding the hand that wasn't in the cast. Kai and Elliott watched the scene before them with stiff expressions.

"Nrgh... Omi" Y/n mumbled slowly, her eyes opened slowly, she blinked a few times, trying to adjust to her new surroundings. "Oh thank god you're okay!" Naomi cried out, hugging Y/n. Elliott and Kai let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. "I'll go get the others" Elliott says before turning to leave the room. "Hold it" Kai said grabbing onto Elliott's arm, preventing him from leaving.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Y/n said, easing herself to sit up in the bed. "You're still really injured, and besides, there's something we still need to sort out" Kai said, as Y/n knowingly nodded. "What are you guys talking about?" Naomi asked, watching the exchange between the two. "I'll just text everyone, letting her know she's okay and that she needs some space then..." Elliott mumbled, pulling out his phone. Kai let go of his arm as a silent way of saying that was a idea.

Kai, pulled over a chair to sit down next to Y/n's bed. "You're the centre of all this so I'll let you decide what we do about this but I want you to know that I'm going to also have my own personal revenge" Kai said calmly, stroking Y/n's head. "Honestly whatever you do will be way worse than anything I can conjure up, but I'll let you know if I think of anything" Y/n said shrugging then wincing in pain because of her arm.

"Fair enough" Kai said."Wait, do you know who kidnapped Y/n!?" Naomi exclaimed putting two and two together. "We do, but I have some of my own investigating to do" Kai said sinply, causing an awkward silence to fall on the room "Y/n do you want something to eat? You must be starving?" Elliott said, changing the subject. "Yes please" Y/n said eagerly, nodding her head in excitement. "Okay, any preferences?" Elliott asked. "Just something yummy" Y/n said brightly. "Okay I'll be back soon" Elliott said leaving the room, dreaming up different dishes to make.

After Elliott left, Naomi spoke up again. "So how are you feeling?" Naomi asked. "Not as bad as I thought, but maybe that's because of all the pain killers pumped into me" Y/n joked, gesturing towards the IV drip that was in the corner of the room. A sad smile spread over Naomi's face. She was happy that her friend was safe and back with her but at the same time she was going to have to break the news about Y/n's grandmother's declining health to her. She wanted to savour her friends precious smile for a moment longer.

"I'll leave you two alone for a bit" Kai said standing up. He didn't want to leave Y/n, every time he was near her, the violent and bloody world he knew became a warm safe place, he never wanted to leave it but now was not the time to the selfish. She needed some time to recover. When she was all healed he would take her to the nicest restaurant he could find and let her order everything she wanted off the menu.

Once Kai left the room. Naomi's expression fell. "Listen Y/n there's something I need to talk to you about... dad called whilst you were ta- oh that's him now" Naomi said, looking at her ringing phone. Naomi hesitated before picking up.

"Hey dad..." Naomi said carefully. "Did you find Y/,?"  He said sighing. Naomi was sure he heard a sniffle on the phone. "Yeah we did... is everything alright?" Naomi asked. Y/n couldn't hear the rest of the conversation so she began to think about what Elliott was cooking up for her.

Y/n was brought back to reality by Naomi wincing painfully. "I'll let her know" Naomi said hanging up the phone. Tears began streaming down Naomi's face. "What's wrong Omi?" Y/n asked.

"Y/n" Naomi cried. "I'm so sorry" Naomi sobbed. "What's wrong come on it's okay?" Y/n soothed trying her best to calm Naomi down.

"Y/n... Anna... I'm sorry but she's gone"