Act II: Scene 6

The next day Y/n was deemed fit enough to walk, it was decided that she would stay at the student councils dorm, just until she got the all clear from the doctors. Naomi was practically living there too. She didn't want to be too far from Y/n just incase. Naomi's father would be contacting the two of them soon with the funeral details. Mark, promising that Y/n was still family and not to worry about finding a guardian because he was there.

Y/n was in the garden, Elliott was there too, tending to some tulips whilst Y/n was sat down drinking some lemonade with some biscuits. "What do you want to be when you grow up Elliott?" Y/n hummed, examining the plate of biscuits infront of her, deciding what to eat next. "I haven't... really thought about that before..." Elliott said looking up from the flowers, his pale skin sprayed with some dirt. "Come on if you could do anything in the whole word, what would it be?" Y/n continued, finally settling on a biscuit covered in chocolate to devour next.

"Maybe... a scholar in english at a good university?" Elliott said not really meaning his answer. "Hmm and why is that?" Y/n asked, twirling the straw in her drink. "I think it might be fun, sharing my knowledge with people" Elliott said, meaning his answer a little more now that he was thinking about it. "But I'm know good with people" he said sighing, taking off his gardening gloves.

"You're getting better with me though, when we first met you could hardly look at me" Y/n reminded, turning her attention back to the plate of biscuits once again. "I think that's because you're so special Y/n, you're so warm and kind" Elliott said smiling softly as he walked closer to her. "I really don't think I'm all..." Y/n's voice trailed off when Cole entered the garden, his face beaten and bruised.

"You should go" Elliott said looking behind him and seeing Cole. "I'd like to talk to Y/n alone if that's alright" Cole said calmly. Elliott narrowed his eyes as he looked at Y/n for a response. "Fine" she hissed. "I'll be nearby, scream if he does anything to you" Elliott said before leaving the garden, glaring at Cole as he left.

Cole walked towards to where Y/n was sat. "Please forgive me" Cole whispered weakly before dropping to his knees, begging for forgiveness. "I know what I did was so so awful and I regretted it as soon as I heard you had been taken. There's no excuse for what I've done" Cole said, beginning to cry.

"Nope, you aren't forgiven" Y/n said simply not even flinching at his emotional outburst. "I beat you in the test ranking, fair and square and your response is to have me kidnapped and tortured, not only that you've been manipulating Kai since you've known him. That's not exactly something you can make up by being beat up once and crying for forgiveness whilst on your knees" Y/n continued. "And you also... took away the final moments I could of spent with my grandmother" Y/n began to choke up.

"What gave you the right to do that?" Y/n whispered as tears began to fall from her eyes. Cole silently stood up and raised his shirt to show violent bruises and untreated cuts across his stomach and ribs. "I've... been suffering... for a while" Cole said slowly "these aren't from Kai, he only beat my face... these are from my father, as a reminder of what a failure I am" Cole explained. He didn't know why he was telling Y/n this.  He felt like opening up to her and showing her all the ugly parts he had.

"The morning the results were posted I already knew I had lost, because I saw him that morning... then something in me just snapped. I needed to get rid of the only thing that made me imperfect... which was you" Cole said, letting go of his shirt, looking at Y/n who watched him silently. "I never should of harmed you, I never should of treated you the way I did, I never should of done all the awful things I've done to you. All the pain you've gone through because of me, is destroying me more than anything my father has put me through"

Y/n swallowed. "I still don't forgive you, I'm still really upset by everything. I can understand that you've been through alot. But that does not justify having me kidnapped and tortured. Goodbye Cole" Y/n said standing up and walking away. Wiping away the silent tears that fell as she walked.

"That could of gone better" Asher said, walking out the dorm with Kai in tow. "Oh, you heard all that" Cole said regaining his original stern composure. Kai wasted no time and violently pinned Cole against the brick wall. Asher didn't even react, as he pulled out two cigarettes for both him and Kai.

"Listen you snot nosed brat. I don't care that you were in kahoots with my father the whole time or that you have issues with your own. But what I cannot allow is you harming Y/n, if you so much even think about hurting her again because your daddy dearest had a temper tantrum, I will quite happily gut you and stuff you full of sand so I can have a new punching bag. Do I making myself clear?" Kai hissed, tightening his grip on Cole.

"Don't worry, I'd sooner go through hell than hurt her again" Cole said, feeling his body relaxing once Kai let go. "If I had my way, you'd be there now" Kai grumbled, taking the cigarette from Asher and lighting it.

"I think someone's in looooove" Asher squealed poking Kai in the side. "Shut it pretty boy" Kai hissed. "Tell me big guy, when did you fall for our precious Y/n?"  Asher asked, paying no regards to Kai's threat. Cole felt his ears prick up at the mention of Kai having feelings for Y/n. He didn't like that. Not one bit.

"I think you want to have your head shaved" Kai said simply.