JJ

Moving out of his house was a huge step for JJ and I was so proud, every step of the way. He was scared of the consequences and how his dad would react but pushed his fear aside. He was sick of coming home to his father and dealing with his abusive ways.

Before JJ made the decision, he found an abandoned shack not too far from the chateau; which had no sign of anyone living there. He decided to claim it as ours and we started cleaning it up.

I took all the random crap out, taking it to dumpsters and disposing of it. JJ swept the floors as I started wiping the windows. We cleaned from top to bottom, making sure it was good before we started hauling our stuff inside.

The pogues helped us carry furniture in  and other things we took from our rooms. They left once everything was in the house and it was just JJ and I.

"We really did it," I was in awe at the fact that we not only owned a house, but everything was already done.

"Yeah, we did."

JJ went quiet for a moment and started looking around the room.

"I'm sorry it's not much," he apologized, but I was quick to shut it down.

"JJ, don't you dare apologize. You needed to move out, and this is perfect. We could be living on the street and I would be fine, as long as I was with you. This is more than enough for us."

I never wanted him to doubt anything, especially when he was providing for both of us. Not only did he find an amazing shack walking distance from the chateau, but it was free and empty.

~

JJ placed a mason jar in the middle of the table, filled with water and put a few flowers in them. I smiled at him and waved him over to me.

"Where'd you find those?" I asked.

"Picked them from the neighbour's garden"

"JJ!" I crossed my arms over my chest and he smiled, the dimples in his cheeks showing.

We sat on the couch in silence staring at the building around us.

"So,"

"So?" I repeated.

"I was thinking," he continued, "the spare room we have, I was thinking we could keep it empty for now."

"How come? I thought you wanted a spare bedroom or something."

"I guess it could be for now, but I was hoping it could be a room for our kids. You know, like, in the future; if you want."

"That's perfect, I love that idea J."

"I mean, I hope we have a bigger house by then, after we find the gold," he rambled.

"Even if we don't, it's fine. I love it here and I'd want nothing more than to raise our babies here."

"Me too," he smiled as I pulled his face towards me to kiss his cheek.

A/N- it's been like a whole month... I don't even have words tbh. I've been so busy with work that I just haven't had time to post. But rn, I'm sick as shit so nothing better than to write. Also, thank you so so so much for 800k reads. That's absolutely insane, and I can't believe that. love you sm<3