Pope

I fixed the straps of my teal dress as my mom finished my makeup. She started doing my hair, curling it and adding way too much hairspray. Midsummers was tonight and it meant alot to my parents. I'd rather spend my night hanging out with my boyfriend Pope, but this wasn't the end of the world.

I walked through the yard and saw Kie. She smiled at me and ran over. "Hey
Y/N" "your dress is so nice" "thank you yours is too. I hate it here already" I rolled my eyes at her and she started to laugh. "Its only one night, you'll be fine" she rolled her eyes playfully and we started to walk around. We were the only Kooks in our friend group, meaning the boys couldn't come.

"Hey look there's pope" she smiled and ran over to him. He was helping his Dad at midsummers and I hadn't seen him the whole time. I walked over and saw them talking together. They stopped talking and Pope looked at me. Hie eyes went wide and he smiled. "Woah Y/N, you look- wow" I became a light shade of pink and a small smile appeared on my face.

He grabbed my hips and pulled me in closer. I pulled him into a hug and he held me tight. "Hey, what do you think you're doing? Get back to work boy" Popes dad yelled at him. I let go of him and walked away. "I'm sorry sir" I muttered out and he gave me a smile. "Oh hi Y/N, sorry about that. You look really pretty" "thank you!"

I said goodbye to pope and walked back to my family.

POPE'S POV....

The song switched, it became a slow song and I mentally cursed. "Dad, can I go?" "No pope, you have to help me" "I'll be like 3 minutes! Please" "what are you doing?" I sighed. "I just want to dance with Y/N, she really wants at least one dance with me. Please dad" I prayed he'd let me go, I wanted to be a good boyfriend and dance with Y/N. "Fine, but only because I like Y/N" "thank you!" I took off my apron and walked quickly threw the people.

Many other couples were slow dancing, I saw Y/N sitting in the corner by herself. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress. I was getting nervous, I had no idea why; she was my girlfriend after all. "May i have this dance" i asked and she smiled widly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I held her waist.

"I thought you had to work, silly boy" "i did, but my dad let me have one dance" she stared into my eyes and smiled. "I don't even know if I'm doing this right. I'm n-not good at dancing" I was tripping over my words, damn it. "You're doing amazing baby. Are you ok?" "Yeah yeah I'm fine. You're just so beautiful and it's making me kinda nervous" thank God it was dark out, or else she would have saw my red cheeks.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. But you don't have to be nervous. We have been together forever." I pressed my lips on to hers and she deepened the kiss. We pulled away and she kissed my cheek again. I turned my head to see my dad smile and nod at me. I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend.

A/N- it's Rudy's birthday today!!🥺🥺