Rafe

The whole Outer Banks were going insane over the mystery murder of Sheriff Peterkin. I couldn't go a day without someone talking about it. People were going crazy, insane almost. Kie invited me over to hang, but I was extremely skeptical. After minutes of thinking, I decided to just hang with her. What could go wrong? 

Papers were hung all over the town with John B's face on it. A fellow Pouge, someone who I spent hours getting high with along with the others. Him being accused of murder was something I never expected. The whole town was searching for him, all for a reward. I, myself wasn't searching, rather hiding. If the accusations were true, I wouldn't want to be seen hanging with him; even if he was my friend. Truly, I didn't believe that John B would do such a thing. He was just a kid on a hunt to find gold, all to make his dad proud. Why would he, out of all people, kill someone?

My parents were the ones worried, making me stay far away from anyone possible until the whole thing settled down. They were extremely scared of me getting hurt.

I grabbed my bag and put the straps over my shoulders, hopping on to my bike. I started to ride it towards the chateau. The streets were pretty quiet, too quiet. Police cars were flying through the roads with speed, searching for the potential murderer. It seemed like a scene from a movie, fake even. After a few minutes, I arrived at the chateau without anyone seeing me.

I did our secret knock so they knew it was me. JJ opened the door slowly and basically dragged me inside, locking it behind him. "What was that for?" I asked and ripped my hand from his grip. "I don't want anyone coming in" I furrowed my eyebrows and walked to the other room, my eyes connecting with John B's.

I swallowed and looked away. "Hey Y/N"
"Hey John B. What have you been up to? Other than murdering people!" His eyes went wide and I glared. "Y/N I didn't kill anyone" "oh yeah, im sorry. I must be mistaken. All those wanted posters are wrong then" "They are Y/N, you have to believe us" Kie explained. "I thought I could trust you guys, and one of you goes and kills someone. My parents were right when they said I shouldn't have started being friends with you" "I can't believe you would say that'' John B said. "What other proof do you have, other than those stupid posters?" Pope asked and I thought for a moment. 

"Rafe and Ward told me" I said and they rolled their eyes. "Ward was the one who made this shit up and told everyone I was the killer. It wasn't me Y/N" John B explained and rubbed his face. "Then who did?" I crossed my arms over my chest and he sighed. "Rafe"

"Rafe? thats funny. My boyfriend wouldn't do that" I said with a smug look. "But John B would?" JJ asked and I thought about it. The John B i knew, wasn't like that. He wouldn't kill anyone innocent, especially Peterkin. "Why do you say it was Rafe?" "I saw it Y/N! Peterkin was going to arrest his dad and Rafe shot her" "But-" "I'm sorry that you had to find out this way Y/N" John B said and I took a deep breath. "Maybe thats why he's been acting so weird lately, I hadn't seen him much either. So what are you gonna do about the cops" "Theres nothing much that I can do, they would never believe me if I told them I didn't do it. Ward was the one who told them it was me" "I'm so sorry John B, I didn't know. I feel horrible" "Its alright, just dont tell anyone where I'm hiding. I'll see you around" "Cops are gonna start circling here, I'd be careful if I were you" "Thank you" The pouges sent me a smile and I gave them one back, making my way out the door. 

"Rafe baby, are you home?" I called out, making my way upstairs. The house was quiet, which was unusual for the Cameron house. It usually had some type of noise; whether that be Rafe's music, Sarah on the phone, Rose's business calls or Ward yelling. I walked into his room and saw him laying on his bed. "Hi" He said softly and I gave him a fake smile. No "baby"?, he was definitely acting weird. "What are you doing here?" He was acting really defensive and I didnt know why.

"Well what did you do today?" "I visited the pouges" "Why would you do that? You know John B killed someone" Was I really about to do this? "Rafe, is there something you aren't telling me? John B didn't kill peterkin and someone told me you did" "Who told you that?" "John B" "You're gonna believe a dirty pouge over me. He killed her, not me" I rolled my eyes. "You're getting really defensive Rafe, something you aren't telling me?" 

"Y/N stop!" "No, you killed someone Rafe! How could you do that?! She had a family and friends. She never did anything wrong and she was an innocent lady" He wasn't saying anything and decided to ignore me. "Rafe how could you?!" He stared at me and didn't say anything, like he was un able to speak. "Baby come on" "You killed someone Rafe, don't touch me" I pushed his hand off me and backed away. "Y/N please" "Rafe stop" I couldn't believe him. I felt sick to my stomach with what my boyfriend did. How could he take someones life? I had to leave and take some time to think. I left the Cameron house without another word and filled with anger. 

A/N- I'm almost at 100k reads?!?! You're joking!!! Thats insane JWBFkjowrnfIWRFNiw anywasy i'm sorry for being so inactive, I always forget about my wattpad and this book! I'll try to post more butttt we all know I'm horrible at that!