Rafe

I finished cooking dinner and grabbed the plates from the cabinet. As I was plating the food Rafe, my boyfriend, came behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Smells good babe" he kissed my cheek and I smiled. "Thank you, can you go grab cups. I made juice"  he nodded and walked to the cupboard grabbing cups and placing them at the table. He grabbed the juice from the fridge and placed a sippy cup on the table.

"Lily, dinner time" I yelled at mine and Rafe's 3 year old daughter. Rafe started to cut up the chicken into small pieces and placed them on her plate. Lily came running in the room, I grabbed her and sat her in her chair. Rafe sat next to me and we started to eat. Lily was talking about something random as Rafe pretended to listen.

"This rice is really good baby" Rafe smiled up at me. We continued to eat until Lily let out a noise. "Ew mommy" "What's wrong?" "What are those?" She pointed to the small pile of peas on her plate. "They are peas bub" she stuck out her tongue and shook her head. "You have to eat them bub" she crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. Rafe and I decided to ignore her and continue to eat. He talked about his day, golfing with Topper and Kelce and I listened to every word.

"Open your mouth" I grabbed a spoon full of peas and tried to feed them to Lily. "No" she yelled and smacked the spoon, making peas fly into Rafe's face. "Lily, smarten up right now" "No" she screamed and Rafe slapped the table. "Go to your room" she hopped out of her chair and ran to her room. "Hey look at me. Calm down" I rubbed Rafe's cheek, attempting to calm him down.

"It's so frustrating, you spent all day making dinner for her to throw fucking peas in my face" he screamed. It wasn't normal for Lily to act like that, it was actually really random. "Rafe-" "no don't 'rafe' me" I sighed and took another bite from my plate. "You need to calm down" I said sternly and walked up the stairs to Lily's room. She was crying on her floor. "Lily whats wrong?" "D-daddy yelled a-at me" I picked her up and held her close to me.

"It's ok, Daddy was only upset because you threw the peas at him. Good girls don't do that, they eat the peas" she nodded and wiped her tears. "Are you ready to go back and eat?" She nodded and I carried her down stairs. Rafe wasn't the best father but he was an amazing father. He stuck with me through everything. I mean, I got pregnant at 16 and most guys would leave their girlfriend; however Rafe stuck with me, every step of the way.

Lily sta down and Rafe placed his plate in the dish washer. Lily ate all of her peas and Drank some of her juice. I got up and wrapped my arms around Rafe as he placed the dishes in the dishwasher. "Hi babes" he kissed my head and I rubbed his biceps. We hugged tightly and held eachother close. "Daddy, I finished my peas" Lily said quietly. "Thank you" She smiled and ran up to her room. "Wait babe-" "what" he asked. "There's a pea in your hair" I started to laugh as I grabbed it out.