Piece by piece

North Korea's POV

"Good luck!", The strange shadow disappeared before I could ask more questions. Who or what even was that? No time for questions, I gotta find a way out of this kingdom! 

...

I can't shake this feeling that I'm being... stalked by someone... Every time the candle in the lantern extinguishes, I pick up another from the wall. The eerie darkness here is enough to raise my guard, not to mention the uncomfortable silence. I think I finally found the door out of this creepy hall. There was a letter attached to it, intriguingly, the letter was written in cursive, it said, "𝐵𝓎 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒹𝑜𝓂 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒟𝒶𝒶𝓂, 𝑜𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒾𝓃, 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝑔𝒶𝓉𝑒." The Kingdom of Shatar and Daam? Why does that sound... familiar to me? Agh, whatever, I grabbed the letter and crippled it, then I went inside.

I have to say, everything I've seen so far is medieval, the tables, the furniture, everything! ...There are so many armors around here, and they are all holding sharp axes and swords... That is rather threatening. Wondering a bit more, I think I found the way out of here, it looks like a giant door... and the word "Exit" is conveniently written on top of it. Finally, I can get out of here... And... it's lucked, typical. It doesn't have a keyhole, I'm not stupid enough to ram myself to it. 

...

What's this? A chess table? It's missing its dark side, and there is another letter attached to it, "𝒯𝑜 𝓊𝓃𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝓊𝓉, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓅𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝒶𝓇𝒹. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓃, 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓋𝒶𝒾𝓁, 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓋𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑒𝒹," But I have no idea where they are! ... Oh wait, there is more written on the back side, "𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒶𝓅 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝒶𝓇𝒹, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻." I picked the map from under the board and shone some light on it. There are many rooms in this castle, it has a Royal Throne room, a sacristy, and there is a fortress with towers next to the castle! 

..

Alright... I have to find chess pieces to open this door. There are 32 two chess pieces, 16 on both sides, the dark ones are missing, they consist of 16 pieces: Eight pawns, two bishops, two knights, two rooks, one queen, and one king. If I go to the throne room, then I might find the King and Queen. The map illustrates where the Throne room is, I just have to go... This way!

*Thump thump*

The sound of metallic footsteps came around from behind. When I looked back, I saw knight armors pacing back and forth around the halls. I stood very still, it seems that they all can't see the lantern's light. When I accidentally pushed a chair down, one of them heard! The knight investigated the room, after a while, it went back to its post. So I have to be silent and sneaky, it can't be too hard. 

...

This is way too hard, I had to take every step slowly, my lantern melted along the way, I had my body stuck to the wall! The throne room is just on the third floor, the stairs shall lead me to it. When I opened the door, it made a horrible creaking noise and two knights heard it! I quickly closed the door and ran up the stair, the knights were chasing after me. For a couple of blind metal armors, they are fast! I stopped running and hid behind the door, the Knights kicked open it and stopped for a minute. Luckily, they didn't hear any sound, so they went back down. *Exhale* That was a relief, I was almost sliced to bits... My relief was cut short by four knights guarding the door to the Throne room, just my luck! I have to find a way to distract them somehow...