Burning encounters

China's POV

I rubbed my aching head, what did I land on? I looked around and saw some decimated houses. I'm having a bad case of deja vu right now. 

"Hello!" I shouted out, waiting for a response I stood there quietly. "There is no one here except you and me," Mr. Frame stated behind me, I was kind of shocked to see him out of his... Frame. I jumped and turned around, "Where am I? What is this place? Where have you taken me?" I bombarded him with questions.

"You are in the unfinished room," he walked away, not caring if I understood or not. "What do you mean by Unfinished?" Mr. Frame cleared his throat before slowly looking at me. "If you must know, this room was supposed to be reconstructed and decorated with ornaments. As you can see, there is nothing but broken down old houses, no sun around" He began circling me.

"Though, it was meant to be finished today, completed for him... That is... Until you and your friends came along." He glared at me, I feel like I know where this is going. "Can't you let us leave?" I asked.

"*Chuckles* That is for you to decide," He pointed at me, "Me? What do you mean?" I scratched my head in confusion. "I can let you go, without any harm, but... Are you willing to forget everything? can you forget the person by your side?" A wicked grin was shown, I think I know what he's telling me, "You're talking about Mongolia, aren't you?"

He clapped his hands, a fake smile on his face, "Splendid, you are a bright one. So... What will be your choice?" The answer was obvious.

"No." I crossed my hands, the smile on Frame's face slowly turning to a frown, "Pardon?" This time, I got close to his face, "I said NO." I wasn't expecting him to kick me, I landed with a thud and Mr. Frame's body started to twitch violently, half of his face getting ripped from the inside, only to be replaced by a darker skin with white pupils and sharp teeth.

"You stubborn bastard, you seriously think you'd receive anything from playing the hero? No, even if you WERE able to take him, you won't be getting a single indebtedness." Mr. Frame or whatever he was, leaned close to intimidate me. "It's not about having recognition. Mongolia is important to me much more than I am to him."  I answered without stuttering out of fear.

"Then I'm afraid there's only one way I can get rid of you as quickly as possible!" Before I could ask what it was, he pulled out a chainsaw behind his back and tugged on the recoil start handle. The loud sound of the chainsaw activating made me get up from the ground and make a run for it. 

It didn't take long for Mr. Frame to begin chasing me. "There is no end around these areas, you'll only end up back to where you left off!" he screamed at me. It felt like I was running in a circle, all of the houses I passed were the same. Once I got far away from him, I hid myself behind one of the houses. I watched Mr. Frame run past the house I was behind. Once he was out of my sight, I relaxed and melted onto the dark floor.

...

...

I tried one of the handles to a house, however, none of them appeared to be real. Everything here was fake as if they were all holograms or illusions. I've been wandering around this strange place for hours. At this rate, my feet are gonna bleed from walking too much. My body is fatigued, I can't go any further. I inhaled and fell back out of dizziness. I looked at the sky... it was full of stars. One of the stars looked like it was getting closer... Wait, that's not a star.

Suddenly, a small box landed on my face, "Ow... What the?" I picked up the fallen object. It was a box of matches, Hmm... There are only three, is there anything I can burn?

Speaking of burning, my mouth was very dry, I was sure parched. There was a well at the center; when I looked inside it, I saw nothing... I got an idea!