Divided Tragedy

"Yup, that's me," Stepping closer to the perplexed Canadian, Antarctica shyly smiles and hugs him. "Long time no see, friend!" Canada's shock goes away, hence returning the embrace. The rest gathered around Belarus to see if she was alright. "*Gasp* Oh my gosh, we need to patch that wound off fast, she's losing way too much blood!" South Korea brings out the gauze to start sanitizing the blood-stained skin. 

"Woah! What happened to her?" Antarctica pushes through the huddle to view her devasted state. "Some Monster came in and attacked her! Then it assaulted my brother!" Ukraine held Belarus's cold hand to check if her temperature was dropping. 

"I'm sorry to say this... but bandaging her up is not gonna do," Ukraine stopped and aggressively stood up. "What do you mean? What else are we supposed to do?" Antarctica defensively raises his hands and backs away. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean anything negative. What I meant to say was... well... how Should I explain this? That snow monster that came bursting in... and bit your friend. That bite mark will freeze; expand, and freeze her body completely, both inside and out. See, it's happening right now!" 

They all inspected the wound, it appears he was correct, Ice was growing little by little. "Woah... I've never seen anything like this!" Japan was amazed and disgusted. "Please, Mr. Arctica, how do we stop this?" Kazakhstan asked.

"Keep away from her she's contagious now, and bring her someplace warm.

...

The countries boarded up the broken window, Belarus was upstairs in her room sleeping cozy with a heater by her side while the others were downstairs at the dining table listening to what Antarctica had to share with them.

"Now... start from the beginning, what is going on?! What was that thing? Why are you here?" America bombards him with tons of questions. Antarctica calmly responds to them, "I'll answer everything. What you need to know is..." He bends down to dig something up from his backpack, "Riiight, here!" He places a heavy suitcase on the table with a loud thud.

"Woah, what's that?" Japan was interested in the many colors the strange contraption blinked. "This, my friend, is a radiation and weather detector. I'm picking up a massive energy level coursing through somewhere around here," he points to a red spot that was growing slowly by the seconds.

Russia's eyes widened in shock, the location was close to where they were living, "Amazing... but what's the cause of all that?"

"I'm not sure... It's a speculation that an extraterrestrial object crash-landed on Earth, at first I thought it was nothing but a meteor. However, when a few days passed. My computer was picking out bizarre weather changes, the climate turned freezing. Blizzard clouds were forming around the globe. Worst of all, the area affected by the object was becoming sentient, which possibly explains why the snow here is morphing into a human-like shape, I'd like to call them Abominations!"

"Well, one just fucking bit Belarus, is she going to be all right?" Antarctica nervously fidgeted with his fingers, he exhaled a breath, "I... I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. Belarus's body will slowly get engulfed by the ice and snow." His siblings were drastically perturbed, what did he mean by engulfed?

"The only thing we can do is slow the process by keeping her warm, however, that won't be enough. If we don't resolve the source of this problem, Belarus might not make it..." Russia instantly stood up from his chair. "Then we have no time to waste! I'm putting my coat on and finding a way to save my sister!"

Kazakhstan jumped and clung to Russia's waist, "Brother, wait! You can't go! Your arms still need time to heal!" Russia's hands were wrapped with bandages. "I'll be fine,  just stay here, I will return soon."