16: A Regular Conversation

A few weeks had passed since his birthday. The days go on slowly. The snow going away from climate change. Though, Todoroki loved the cold weather. He loved the snow, it reminded him of his mother. Whenever she wrapped her slender hands around him, they were always cold. And maybe it was from her quirk, but still, Todoroki would never forget the way his mother hugged him. He'd miss her, and her hugs. But she was doing better now. She had gotten out of the hospital that his father put her in. She's at the house now. She's been at house since his second year. That's mainly the reason why he would visit a lot more often then he did his first year.

But still, his father had been trying harder for Todoroki to forgive him. Which he will never, even if he tried. He can't just forgive him. His mother forgave him so easily. So did his sister. But his mother had been sent to the hospital because of him, been there for years, and yet she forgave him so easily. His sister always wanted the perfect family. She even tried to bring Shoto for Christmas, he was sent calls and texts and he simply blocked her for the day. She would push him and Natsuo to forgive him. But they were stubborn as she said it. Natsou seemed like the most connected to him. He had seen what father done to him (and Touya). Fuyumi just wanted a happy family. Maybe it did seem selfish for Shoto to not come for Christmas and Thanksgiving.

"Hey," A voice spoke. He flinched softly but turned his head to see a blonde sitting there next to him. "You okay?" He asked. Todoroki hummed as he nodded. Bakugo and him had grown closer too, closer than he'd ever thought. But he could still hear the guilt that would come out of his voice sometimes when he asked if he was okay. It was like he could read his thoughts or his face. He knew that everything was wrong. He knew something would bother the boy constantly. But he never asked. He wouldn't push the boy. And Todoroki was silently grateful for that.

It was lunch. Mainly all the time where he and Bakugo would just hang out. Sometimes they wouldn't even talk, it would be quiet for the entire lunch period. But always, Bakugo would bring a tray for Todoroki to eat. Ever since the lunch fight, Bakugo would always make sure he ate. He didn't know exactly why but he really enjoyed his presence. At first, when he started to hang with Todoroki. The boy didn't want him to. He wanted the blonde to leave him alone and go back to like they hated each other and never talk to him. But overtime, Bakugo had started to grow on him. He started to look forward for the blonde to be with him. He liked it. Todoroki took his chopsticks and began to eat his soba. Bakugo took a glance at him from the corner of his eye and analyzed him. He would always do this, if Todoroki seemed relax and comfortable, Bakugo would start talking, it would be about anything, just to get a conversation going. But if Todoroki seemed tense and slowly ate, he'd keep quiet.

"So.." Bakugo started. He sometimes had a hard time to start a conversation with the boy. It was hard to think for the right words and make sure that Todoroki was fine with the topic. Todoroki glanced at the blonde as he continued to eat.
"The idiots.. they uh.." Bakugo seemed very uncomfortable, his eyes flickered around, not looking at the same place for long, not even looking at Todoroki, he brought his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed. Todoroki noticed the tension from him.
"They've seen us hanging out a lot, especially at lunch," Bakugo began to speak. "And they wanted to know if I could bring you with them at lunch." Bakugo said as glanced at the boy. Todoroki swallowed his food before speaking.

"Sure." Todoroki said as took another mouthful of soba. Bakugo scrunched up his eye brows and looked at him.

"Really? You don't mind? I mean, I can always tell the shitheads that you don't want to-" Bakugo began to ramble before Todoroki cut him off.

"I'm fine with it. I don't mind your friends." Todoroki said after he swallowed his food and looked up at him.

"They're your friends too." Bakugo said as he frowned. Todoroki looked back down at his food, avoiding eye contact. He sunk back in his seat.

"But you've known them personally, I'm just their classmate." Todoroki mumbled the last part before shoving food in his mouth. Bakugo's frown grew larger.

"That doesn't mean your not their friends." Bakugo said as he turned his entire body to look at him. His arm resting on the table. Todoroki sunk more in his seat, his shoulders rising up. He began to tense up. Bakugo took noticed too and sighed. He relaxed himself and turned his body, his back touching the chair once more. He noticed how Todoroki would sometimes make himself seem small when others raise their voice or when they stood up with some kind of pride to make them seem taller or something. He took a glance at the boy from the corner of his eye and seen his shoulder relaxed. But he began to pick at his food. "Sorry. Do you still want to sit at their table?"

Todoroki stood quiet for a while. Bakugo thought he might change his mind.

"Tomorrow?" He asked. Bakugo turned his head to look at him. Eye contact held for a few seconds before Todoroki grew uncomfortable and took a bite of his soba.

"Yeah, if you want." Bakugo said as he placed his cheek on his hand, his elbow levering it up. Todoroki nodded, still having his head down. The corner of Bakugo's mouth began to twitch up. He noticed how Todoroki leaned back up, no longer sinking into the seat and continued to eat.

_________________________________
Words 1024