28: Reason

Todoroki had a good time at the mall. Even if they didn't get anything he still got to hang out with his friends. Plus, he got to keep Bakugo's sweater which was really nice of Bakugo.

Todoroki laid down on his bed. He didn't feel like doing anything at all today. He was so tired. He didn't know why either. It was like just living was hard work. He sighed softly.

It's been a few days since they went to the mall. Todoroki still had fun, even when it was only with Bakugo. He liked to only be around him. Bakugo made him feel relaxed. It was nice to see their relationship grow within a few months. He remembered how he disliked the blonde the moment he met him. He always thought of him like his father, always loud and obnoxious. But then as he started to change, he noticed how he wasn't like him. That he was actually a good person. Then in his third year, he's been more calm around him, being careful how loud he was around Todoroki.

Bakugo had gotten a glimpse of what his family life was like when he eavesdrop on him and Deku. He was surprised to hear something like that could happen to one of the famous person. But then later, when Dabi reveled himself to be related to the Todoroki family and told the entire world about the dark secrets in the Todoroki family, it was terrible. Bakugo remembered how badly it had affected Todoroki. He looked terrible. He couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. He could barely be around anyone. He felt sympathetic for him. He attempted to help him through that rough patch. But that's a story for later.

After a few minutes, Todoroki managed to fall asleep.

.
.
.

Bakugo was in the gym, training. He liked to train 2-3 times a day. He liked to build up the muscle and use different techniques with his quirk. He wanted to become the best, the number one hero. It was his dream since he was a little kid. He wanted to save people and show everyone that he was one of the coolest hero's ever.

It was something that he dreamed of, his top goal. And soon, he would make it come true. He just needed a little training was all. That's what he needed to become a pro hero.

While he was throwing explosions, he remembered why he was doing it. He wanted to become the number one hero while saving people. That's why he wanted to become a hero. So why did Todoroki want to become a hero?

Bakugo froze. He never got the chance to ask him. But he was afraid of what he would say, afraid that it would trigger something. He was very cautious of what to say to Todoroki but since he doesn't know a lot about the boy he doesn't know what to bring up without bringing up his past.
He sighed softly before deciding to stop for the day. But it still didn't get off his mind. He really wanted to ask Todoroki. Sure, he was drunk while saying it but he knew that he's been thinking of it for a while otherwise he wouldn't have said it. When he's drunk he speak off his mind, that how Bakugo knows he actually wants to know.

He decided to ask Todoroki today.

.
.
.

A knock startled Todoroki awake, then the door knob opened. He jolted up fast, he didn't have a great dream. Bakugo looked at him, concern lingered on his face. Todoroki rubbed his eyes as he attempted to fix his hair.

"You okay?" Bakugo mumbled, keeping his voice low so he wouldn't startle the boy. Todoroki hummed.

"I'm fine, why are you here?" Todoroki asked, his voice husky from just waking up. Bakugo cleared his throat before sitting down, maybe Todoroki should start locking his door..

"Remember a few days ago when I brought the drinks," Bakugo mumbled. Todoroki nodded, why was he talking about that day?
"Well you asked me is there any point in becoming a hero," Bakugo continued, Todoroki widen his eyes. He just woke up, what the fuck?
"Why do you wanna be a hero?" Bakugo asked, he finally looked at the heterochromia eyes. Todoroki was lost of words.

"W-what?" Todoroki whispered out. His voice was still husky and his hair was a mess.
"Why are you asking me this?" Todoroki questioned. He literally just woke up and was hit by this question.

"Because I want to know your reason of becoming a hero. Everyone has different reasons but I want to know yours." Bakugo scooted closed to the boy. Maybe he should've waited till he was more awake and not woken up by a nap. Todoroki blinked, why did he want to become a hero?
He brought his knees to his chin. The question has been bothering him too. But why did he was to ask now. Todoroki sat quiet for a while, Bakugo waited patiently.

"I..I don't know.." Todoroki whispered, he finally admitted to Bakugo and himself. Bakugo pursed his lips, he didn't what he was expecting but it wasn't this. He looked back down to the floor. Todoroki didn't feel well. He wanted to cry. Why? Was it because he just woken up and hit with a sudden question? The question that was his whole existence. His head began to hurt and his eyes stung.
"I'm sorry." Todoroki barely whispered. His voice trembling. He can't do this, he can't become a hero without purpose. He can't..

"What? No no it's okay," Bakugo uttered, he sat next to the boy. It wasn't his fault. Bakugo shouldn't have asked him when he just startled him from his sleep.
"It's okay, you don't have to answer now baby." Bakugo wrapped his arm around the boy, Todoroki was shaking like a leaf. Bakugo rubbed his arm up and down reassuring him. Todoroki let out shaky breaths as he tried to calm himself down.
"I shouldn't have asked you that when you just woke up, it was just bugging me and I... you don't have to give me answer." Bakugo whispered softly in his ear. Todoroki sighed softly. Bakugo immediately felt terrible, he should've fucking waited till later instead of rushing in his room and waking him up. They sat quiet for a little.

"Baby?" Bakugo could hear the smile from the boy. He rolled his eyes and took his arm off the boy.

"Shut up.." Bakugo grumbled, his cheeks tinted. Todoroki chuckled softly, he wanted to tease the blonde now.

"That was really nice of you, Bakugo." Todoroki giggled quietly. Bakugo pursed his lips and laid on his bed, facing the wall.

"Shut it." Bakugo grumbled. This only seem to make the boy laugh some more. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to make Bakugo's heart race. Todoroki laid down with him. Todoroki continued to tease the blonde, it was really funny to get underneath his skin.

Bakugo can get his answer later.

_________
Words 1178