36: Warm

Ever since that day, Bakugo's been making Todoroki hang out with different people. Even if Bakugo is next to him he still makes sure he gets included in the conversation with other people. He's been watching him like a hawk lately. Most likely because Todoroki finally admitted why he's been isolating himself recently. Because he finally spoke what was on his mind and the emotion he was feeling.

He's been feeling better and getting more control of his ice. But it doesn't stop the cold. It's not okay, he is starting to get memories. Flashbacks. He wakes up in cold sweat and is shaking. Thankfully, he only shoots up from his bed and doesn't scream or jump like he used to do.

It's April 3rd. So much time has passed by. And yet, time was coming so quick. Todoroki was going to graduate in less then 3 months. He's not ready. He's gonna leave all his classmates. They were going to become pro heroes. He was going to be living with Bakugo soon. Everything about it didn't seem real. It seems like Todoroki only started his first year two days ago. It's close to the end. He's isn't ready. He's scared.

Todoroki laid in his bed, resting. Well, that's what he supposed to be doing but he can't do that. He doesn't want to fall behind. He's still studying at his desk. He's still staying up late so he won't miss anything, Bakugo brings him the assignment that Aizawa assigns them. He make sure he does that and studies so he won't fall behind.

Bakugo sometimes stays with him and studies along with him. Whenever Bakugo is close, Todoroki could feel the warmth radiate off him. It felt really warm. He would try to be subtle with it but by the way Bakugo would freeze he want doing a good job.

A knock startled him. Bakugo walked through it as if it was his own room.

"Hey Icyhot, I got the work for today." Bakugo said as he waved the papers in his hands. Todoroki got off his seat and walked to the blonde, thanking him. Bakugo noticed how Todoroki still wore his sweater, it was cute. Bakugo smiled as Todoroki turned his back away and laid the papers on his desk. Bakugo turned to walk away and leave the boy as he usually would but Todoroki stopped him.

"Can you stay with me again?" Todoroki asked. It's not like he didn't ask him before, it was pretty common for him to stay in the room with Todoroki. Bakugo nodded, closed the door and walked to the boy. He sat down next to him and they started to work. It was mainly silent but the two would take from time to give help to the other on a problem. It was peaceful. Something Todoroki hasn't had in a while.

Todoroki felt the warmth off the blonde. He liked it. He wanted more of it. That sounded weird. But the way Bakugo would accidentally brush his shoulder made Todoroki feel warm inside. It was hard to ask for more..touch? Affection? Whatever it was Todoroki wanted to be near the blonde more.
So the next time Bakugo accidentally touched his shoulder, Todoroki moved his arm a bit closer so they are still touching. Bakugo noticed this and flushed, but didn't think anything more of it.

Subtlety, Todoroki inched closer to the blonde. He felt warmer each time he moved closer. Bakugo did notice this also. Todoroki wasn't doing a very good job at keeping it subtle. Todoroki was never an affectionate person. He liked to not be touched. But whenever someone did hug him, (if they were close to Todoroki) he would like it and let them hug him. But it was very difficult for Todoroki to ask more of it.

Bakugo didn't know what to do so he kept quiet. It would've made it awkward if he had pointed it out. He didn't know why Todoroki was inching close to him.
A few minutes passed, Bakugo leaned closer to advice a question on Todoroki's paper. Todoroki thanked him and a few moments passed.

What startled Bakugo was that Todoroki laid his head on his shoulder. Bakugo tensed up for a second before relaxing himself. He glanced at the boy who seemed to ignore the fact that he was laying on him. It left Bakugo confused but he didn't mind the fact he was laying on his shoulder.
Todoroki felt warm, hot even. His stomach was weird, like nauseous but it a good way if that makes sense. Bakugo was really warm. He took the cold away and replaced it with his own body heat.

Todoroki finished his paper and stayed like that on his shoulder. He closed his eyes and simply waited for the blonde to finish. It was strange how his first year self would've never done this. He wouldn't be hugging anyone, especially not Bakugo. He wouldn't have even been in the same room as him. But he's changed over the years. Especially this year when he started to get to know Todoroki more and get closer to him. He didn't know where he would be without the blonde this year.

Bakugo had finished his paper and laid his head on top of Todoroki's. They didn't say anything. It was just them laying on each other. Todoroki still felt cold on right side since it wasn't touching the blonde. That sounded weird..
But Todoroki wants to hug Bakugo. Should he ask for it? Would Bakugo be okay with him hugging him? Well, it should be since they hugged last time in the kitchen once. But now they were in Todoroki's dorm, would it still be the same, would it still be okay?

"Any reason why your laying on me?" Bakugo said, Todoroki could hear the smile on his face.

"I'm cold and you're really warm." Todoroki mumbled and nuzzled into his shoulder to get more warmth. Bakugo chuckled and wrapped his arm around Todoroki.

"Well if you want warmth then let's at least go on the bed." Bakugo offered and stood up, hoisting Todoroki onto his feet. So it was okay to hug him?

Bakugo laid on the bed, near the wall. Todoroki took a moment before laying next to him, he didn't move. He wanted to hug the blonde but this was a different type of hug. They were hugging in bed. They've never done this before. It was usually hugging while standing up. Even when they were in Bakugo's dorm, they didn't touch. Well, not that Todoroki remembered.

Bakugo waited to see if Todoroki was going to come closer or stay there, but he didn't move. However, Todoroki showed that he wanted to be closer, his hand lingered close to the blonde but the rest of his body didn't. Was it awkward? Bakugo asked himself. He didn't care. He wasn't gonna waste this opportunity to cuddle with Todoroki. He was even surprised that Todoroki would let him. He scooted closer to the boy and wrapped himself around Todoroki. The boy was shocked but he didn't resist, he was embracing it. Bakugo's arm was under Todoroki's head, his legs tangled with Todoroki's.

Todoroki sighed softly. He nuzzled more into Bakugo's chest which made the blonde blush. Holy fucking shit, Bakugo was cuddling with Todoroki. His love interest. That sounded weird to say but it was better than saying crush.

Todoroki smelled nitrogen in his chest, with a hint of his cologne which was a sharp spice to it. Todoroki was so warm. Katsuki laid his chin on top of Shoto's head. He had managed to get a blanket and throw it on them both, mainly for Todoroki to keep him warm since he could still feel a hint of cold that lingered on him.

They both fell asleep, cuddling in bed embracing the warmth.

_________
Words 1319