18: Why?

It was the first day of February. Todoroki knew how this month was based off giving the people you love gifts and chocolate. He liked the idea of giving people gifts. Bakugo had told him a few days ago about how he gave Jirou a tape of songs that she may seem to like. He was a good friend. He might have been terrible person to other people, but to his friends he was generous; sometimes. Todoroki noticed the way Bakugo was happy about giving someone a gift and said she seemed like she enjoyed it. Maybe if he gave someone special a gift that would make him feel happy.

At this point, Todoroki will do anything to feel something. Lately, he's been always been feeling tired and drained. He doesn't really understand it though because when he sees Bakugo, some of the tiredness lifts off his shoulders. He really likes when he's around Bakugo, even though he might seem cruel to others, he's kind to Todoroki.

"Hey peppermint." Bakugo said as he sat down next to him with two trays. Todoroki looked up at him from the table and relaxed himself. For some reason, Todoroki wanted to know why he was doing this. He wanted to know why Bakugo is being with him. He never hung around him before this. It was just Bakugo mainly calming his rival and wanting to fight with Todoroki using both his quirks. But know he's changed and Todoroki doesn't even know why and when.

"You good?" Bakugo mumbled while he leaned his head upwards to see his face. Todoroki stood quiet for a second. His eyes avoid Bakugo and looked at the table. Bakugo noticed this and frowned. Eventually, the boy nodded and leaned into his chair. He was so tempted to ask why he was doing this for him. Why was he helping him get better? There were so many questions that were held unanswered. He's been wondering these for so long but always pushed it to the side. So why was it bugging him now? He wanted to ask but he hated confronting people. If there was something wrong or something he was uncomfortable with, he wouldn't say anything and just go along with it. That was one of his weakness. He could almost never say no.

Bakugo watched Todoroki, he analyzed his actions but he couldn't see anything off. Todoroki has been getting better at hiding his emotions and it was starting to become a pain in the ass. Bakugo could always tell what he was feeling and thinking, if it didn't show a hint on his face he could see it in his eyes. But he is noticing how Todoroki is even getting better at hiding his emotions through his eyes. The boy held his head down while his bangs hung down, covering his eyes. Bakugo tilted his head down in order to see any expression on his face. There was something clearly bothering him but his face was blank. But his body action showed otherwise, Bakugo noticed how his shoulder sunk down and his head hung low. Something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Bakugo asked as he pushed the trays across the table and scooted closer to the boy. Todoroki pursed his lips into a thin line before finally looking up at Bakugo.

"You." Was all that Todoroki said. Bakugo was completely off guard with that response and flinched. He showed confusion on his face as he waited for Todoroki to explain. But nothing else came out. Did Bakugo do something wrong? Did he offend him in some way?

"W-what do you mean?" Bakugo asked softly as he seemed out of breath. He was kinda hurt with that response. He couldn't understand the boy. Was he upset at him? He moved an inch away from Todoroki and tried to gather his thoughts.

"Nothing." Todoroki whispered softly as he grabbed his tray that was across the table. Bakugo scoffed as he just continued like it was nothing. It made his blood boil. He didn't know why but it just made him angry.

"The fuck you mean 'nothing'!" Bakugo rose his voice slightly. Todoroki flinched softly and froze. He sat quiet. Bakugo moved another inch away from him.
"You can't just say something like that and not fucking explain!" Bakugo yelled at the boy. Todoroki tried to hide the fact that he was scared when he cursed. Bakugo cured all the time but this time felt different. Todoroki held his head down and wrapped his arms around himself. This only made the blonde pissed. He hated when Todoroki would just ignore him and now was definitely not a time for him to act like nothing. Bakugo made the wrong choice and grabbed him by the collar, bringing him close to his face. Todoroki held a blank stare but Bakugo saw within his eyes that he was frighten. Todoroki did not know what he was going to do. He had trusted Bakugo and not expected him to do anything.

"I'm sorry." Todoroki whispered out. No one seemed to notice them since they were sitting in the back of the cafeteria. The whole world seemed quiet and the tension between them was thicker than a stone wall. They sat like that for a while, Todoroki was scared he was gonna punch him. Eventually, Todoroki finally looked him in the eyes and saw in those merciless eyes were the same one as his father. He grunted before using all his strength to push him. Bakugo let him go and sat at the edge of the seat. He finally broke out of his trance and looked up at the boy. He immediately regretted grabbing him by the collar. The look on his face was so unforgivable, Todoroki was frighten by him. He shouldn't have done that. He's just been stressed out by everything the last couple of days that he threw it all at the boy, the one person who seemed like he needed him the most.

"Todoroki I-I didn't mean-" Bakugo started but was cut off by the boy.

"It's fine." Todoroki said sternly and looked away from him. He grabbed his tray and walked away.

"W-wait.." Bakugo whispered but he didn't look back. He reached out for him but he didn't get up and go to him.

Damn it..

_________
Words 1061