24: Phone Call

The days went by quickly, within a blink. It was Friday and the end of school. Todoroki was walking back to the dorms. He enjoyed the walk. No one was around him so if was completely silent. It gave him moment to gather his thoughts.
He was indeed nervous about meeting his father later today. He hasn't talked to him in person for months, since the man was always busy with his hero work. But he did see him walk down a street on patrol. Last time he texted was if he was coming over for Christmas which he left him on read.

He opened the door and took off his shoes and put his slippers on. He glanced around for anyone and only saw a few people in the common room. He quietly walked to his dorm. Nobody seemed to notice his presence which was fine to Todoroki.

He opened the door to his dorm, right away he changed out of his uniform and into causal clothes. He didn't know what they were gonna do not what they were going to talk about, so simple blue jeans and white shirt with a sweater should do.

Todoroki finished getting ready and decided to leave now. If he arrived early, he could probably come back early too. Might as well get it out of the way. He grabbed his phone and shoved it into his pocket. Then he walked out of his dorm.

As he walked to the elevator, he wondered what his father needed to talk about. Was his grade slipping? Did his teacher inform him of something? Did he find about Bakugo and him? There were so many things and yet Todoroki didn't know which one was the most likely one.

He walked into the common room, a few people changed and talking about their weekend plans. He didn't care what their conversation was about, he cared about getting out of the dorms.

"Where are you going, Todoroki?" Tokoyami asked. He didn't see the bird boy and glanced at his direct before looking back at the door. He didn't expect Tokoyami to be in the common room, he mainly thought he stayed in his room the most of the time.

"I am going to visit my father." Todoroki said as he focused on putting his shoes on. Tokoyami hummed and wished him a good luck. Todoroki nodded and walked out the door.

The spring weather was coming soon. The wind blowing through him, hairs sticking up at the back of his neck. He activated his heat and warmed himself up. This kind of weather he enjoyed. He didn't really like summer. He thought it was too hot and unnecessary for it to make him sweat. He felt a buzz from his phone and he took it out. It was probably his father texting him.

Bakugo: Where tf are you?

Todoroki looked at the text, confusion filled his head. What does tf mean? Was it a spelling error? He typed back.

Me: Sorry but what does tf mean? Was it a typing error?
Read

Bakugo took a moment before he bursted out laughing. Oh god he was so dense and it was adorable. Tears started to form from how hard the blonde was laughing. He took a deep breath before he went back to his phone.

Bakugo: Can you call?

Todoroki tilted his head, he wanted to call now? He looked around and wasn't close to home yet. He typed a 'yes' before waiting for the blonde to call. It would be good for him to distract himself. Plus, he did enjoy the blondes company. He did like listening to him from time, when he wouldn't yell he was actually a nice person to talk too. His phone started ringing and he immediately answered it.

"Hey." Bakugo's voice sounded hoarse but maybe it was because from the call. The blonde wiped his tears as he took some deep breaths.

"Hi." Todoroki answered, his voice soft and shy. They have never talked on the phone before since they've always talked in person or were just with the other person. It was strange to be talking to each other on the phone but not seeing them.

"Tf means the fuck.." Bakugo hissed out before having to move the phone away so he couldn't laugh loudly in the boy's ear. Todoroki heard the laughs faintly from the blonde. It was a rare moment that Bakugo would laugh, it made his lips perk upwards. Bakugo took a moment before bringing the phone back to his ear.
"Oh my fucking god, you're so dense sometimes.." Bakugo breathlessly said. Todoroki could imagine the blonde in front of him and telling him this.

"I'm sorry but it was a strange thing to see. Why not just type the entire word?" Todoroki commented as he got on the train. It was true, he did not text a lot nor did he know how everyone else would type. But still, why type two letter than say the entire thing?

"Oh Jesus fucking christ," Bakugo said as each word became softer. He imagined Bakugo pinching the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes.
"Y'know I hate to say this but you really got to start hanging out with alien eyes and dunce face." The blonde croaked out. His voice different probably from laughing so much. Todoroki let a small distant smile on his lips.
He didn't know how easy it was to be so happy.
Wow, he feels happy. Bakugo makes him feel happy. The words played in his head as his smile faded but the look in his eyes said otherwise.

"You still there?" Bakugo asked as he didn't get a response. Todoroki blinked out of his trance.

"Y-yeah I'm still here." Todoroki curses himself for stuttering . Silence was met on the phone. It was awkward. Fuck, did he make it awkward?

"So where are you?" Bakugo asked as laid down on his bed. He heard loud noise in the background but that didn't distract him from hearing Todoroki's voice.

"I'm heading to visit my father, he had texted me he wanted to see me but didn't tell me why." Todoroki said, giving a bit too much information. It was remarkable how easy he could talk to Bakugo.

"Oh the old man wants to surprise you?" He said more like a question. Todoroki scoffed a laugh as he heard Bakugo call his father a old man. It was nice seeing someone else dislike his father almost the same amount as him. It made Todoroki feel like he wasn't the only one that despised Endeavor.

"I guess. I just want to hurry up and come back to the dorms." Todoroki said a little too much. Jesus, Bakugo was a really a good person to talk too. It made Todoroki feel relaxed. Bakugo made him feel relaxed. This was the most he's ever talked, mainly because it wouldn't help since Bakugo couldn't see him and instead needed to hear him.

Bakugo smiled through the phone, his heart melted as he listened to the boy.

"Well when you come back, wanna hangout in my room?" Bakugo asked. Todoroki was shocked, he had never gone into Bakugo's room. He didn't even get a glimpse of the inside.

"Really?" Todoroki questioned. He wanted to make sure he heard him right.

"Duh why else would I ask? Stupid." Bakugo said as face palmed himself. Todoroki felt the corners of his lips perk up. He now had a reason to hurry up with his father and come back to the dorms.

_________
Words 1270