Strength

Dominic's Pov

Why?

Why now?

I should be so fucking happy. Don't get me wrong I am. Really am that she is okay that she is good and healthy.

But why did she have to choose today of all days to wake up?

Today is the day I finally execute the plan we made it take down Adrien and his men. This would've been easier if I hadn't had to see those sad eyes of hers. I just got her back and I'm leaving her again I just know how she'll react.

Right now I'm standing outside of her hospital room with shaky hands. I'm so nervous to see her it pathetic. I look like a fucking pussy.

After about another twenty seconds of just standing there I finally build up the courage to open the door but the moment i tried opening it the door flew open and a very terrified nurse was running out fear evident in her eyes.

"Excuse me sir." Is all she said then she was gone like the wind.

I looked over at my wife who was already staring at me. We just stood there for however long just looking at each other. I only walked over to her and wiped the silent tears that streamed from her eyes. She leaned into my touch and I felt my heart melt when she kissed my palm.

"Baby...." I whispered my voice betraying me not making me finish my simple sentence.

"I'm so sorry I let them hurt you Dominic" she whispered softly caressing my cheek and wiping off my fallen tears which I hadn't even noticed.

"You're sorry? Amore you were in a coma for two weeks. I'm the one who should've protected you better." I said and pulled her into my chest giving her a warm hug. I missed her so much.

"Shut the fuck up you asshole. You're making me cry" she said laughing through her tears. I missed that mouth of hers.

I pulled back and placed a long gentle kiss on her lips. " tu significhi così tanto per me che fa male. la mia bella moglie"

(You mean so much to me it hurts. My beautiful wife)

"Don't say stuff like that Dominic." She says her eyes glistening again.

I furrow my eyebrows at her. "You understood what I said?" I asked shocked.

"You think I didn't understand Italian my love? You're too cute for your own good" she smiles at me and pats my cheek.

"I'm not cute call me something else"

"No." She says simply and continues packing her stuff.

"What are you doing? Why are you packing? And what did u do to that poor nurse?"

"I'm packing. I'm doing it because I'm leaving. That nurse pissed me off so I told her I'm not one to piss off" she says smiling at me sweetly.

"Leave your stuff baby. I'll send someone to get it for you. Let's go." I don't give her time to respond I just grab her hand and walk out the door.

"Dominic you have to remember you're taller than me by a lot so one of your steps is like three of mine. I am still a little tired." She groans cutely.

I pick her up bridal style and she lets out a little squeal in surprise and hides her face in my neck. I smirk at her flustered face.

I place her down in my car gently trying to be careful not to hurt her and drive off

-----------------

I pull up to the place I planned on bring her and cut off the engine. I had her put on a blindfold earlier because I wanted it to be a surprise.

I jog over to her side of the car and tell her to wrap her arms around my neck.

"I would do that if only I could see your neck." She says

"Oh right. I forgot" I give her a sheepish smile even though she can't see it. I position her arms around me neck and she wraps her legs around my waist instinctively. I jump up a little so she's up properly but still careful with her since she woke up.

I walk until we're standing in the middle then gently place her down.

"You can take it off now." I barely finish my sentence and she just rips the blindfold off. "Goodness woman be gently with yourself" I scold.

"Don't start treating me like some delicate flower Dominic." She glares at me. I smirk and lean down to kiss her lips.

"Do you like it" I ask when I pull away. She furrows her eyebrows then a look a realization washes her features as if only now remembering that I brought her somewhere.

This woman.

She gasps at the sight of beautiful Mother Nature and cream colored blanket with different snacks that I remembered she likes later out perfectly under a big tree using the shadow of it as shade on this sunny day.

"Dominic" she whispers still lost in her own trance. "You really are such a sweetheart." She says smiling sweetly at me which immediately makes one lit up on my face.

"Come sit down." I usher her towards the blanket.

We sit down and I glance at her. She lays flat down and takes a deep breathe inhaling the cool refreshing air. She heard the crunching of dry leaves and shoots up from her spot pulling out a gun from god know where takes the safety of and ready to shoot as she surveys her surroundings.

Where the fuck does she get these guns?

"Baby calm down. It's just my men. They're here in case of anything. But just incase nothing is going to happen to you. I promise." I try reassuring her. She looks at me for a moment then sighs and comes or dit next to me.

"I'm sorry my love I just thought-

"Don't apologize." I say in a stern tone. I lift her and place her on my laps so now she is straddling me and brush some of her fallen hair out of her face. "What you went through nobody should've. You were so strong. You are strong. I'm so proud of you for never giving up and for fighting till the very end. You scared the fuck out of me when you refused to wake the fuck up." I sigh remembering the nights I stayed by her side.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I thought you died till that guy said he was going to show you how he would torture me." She whispers nuzzling her face in my neck.

"I know and I'm sorry you thought that. Now I didn't bring you here to talk about this we can talk about it when I get backers just relax and clear our heads for now" I tel her rubbing circles on her back trying to soothe her.

"Okay. Wait what! You're leaving me?" She asks softly.

"I'm never leaving you. I'm going on a mission to end this mess and I promise I'll come back home to you Amore."

"Just please be safe Dominic" she give me a soft passionate kiss on my lips with so much emotion.

----------------

"Drink your medication" I tell her now that she has eaten. She takes it from me grumbling about it taste like shit.

I chuckle softly laying down with her in my arms. "I need you to rest some more tesoro"

"Okay" she says yawning.

I kiss the top of her head as she falls asleep almost immediately. Guess her medication is starting to kick in.

"ti amo così tanto mia cara ragazza" I whisper.

(I love you so much my darling girl)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Not Edited*

Don't forget to comment. I need to know if the book is going good or if it just doesn't make sense. Like I have no motivation to update😭. Don't be a quiet reader. Let me know what you think😭😞.

How's the book so far?

Do you think Dominic is going to make it?

DONT FORGET TO VOTE BESTIEE ⭐️