Being Spotted

I woke up the next morning before my alarm at 8 and started getting ready. I sat in my room not wanting to bug Chris or Dodger too early. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 9:15 and I hadn't heard from Chris yet.

ELISE: You sleepy boys awake?

I sent off to Chris in a text but got no reply. I looked on the table and saw his room key and I contemplated using it. I didn't want to invade his privacy or bug him but I was worried. I grabbed the room key and headed out of my room. I knocked first and got no answer so I unlocked the door and walked in the room.

"Chris..." I said in a quiet tone. I looked in and smiled. Chris and Dodger were sleeping on the couch. Chris had his feet propped up on the coffee table there and Dodger was laying on Chris' outstretched arm. I smiled at this and pulled out my phone. I knew he had the photo of him and East cuddled sleeping together so I took one of him and Dodger sleeping. I smiled and then crouched down to Dodger's level.

 I smiled and then crouched down to Dodger's level

"Hey bubba..." I whispered and he slowly opened his eyes and I smiled.

"Good morning. Did you wear Chris out?" I asked and he gave a small bark. "Shhh. No barking." I said and then I got him off the couch.

"Chris..." I said a little louder and he opened his eyes sitting up.

"Oh hey! God what time is it?" Chris asked.

"Almost 9:30." I said and he groaned.

"I took Dodger out for a walk earlier. Since I was dressed and everything, I thought I could close my eyes for a few minutes and be fine." Chris said and I laughed.

"Well at least you are dressed and ready to go." I said and he nodded. "I just have to go grab my bag." I said and Chris nodded.

"I'll make sure I have everything packed up." Chris said and I nodded. I then thought about the picture I took and sent it to Chris.

"You had one of you and East sleeping so I couldn't resist." I said and he smiled when he saw it.

"Thank you." Chris said and I smiled.

"No problem." I said. I walked out of his room and back to mine. As I was grabbing my bag I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"It's dad." I heard and smiled.

"Hey dad. Mom said she would talk to you." I said and he sighed.

"I know but I wanted to check on you. Did you guys stop overnight?" He asked.

"Of course we did. We are getting ready to get back on the road now. I don't know what time we will be getting in. I still have my house key though just maybe don't set the alarm. I don't want to wake you guys or Boots." I said and my dad Josh laughed.

"Yeah, I would prefer that as well." Josh said and I smiled.

"Okay well we have to get on the road dad." I said as Chris opened my room door and I smiled.

"Don't I get to talk to the man driving you home?" Josh asked.

"Nope, mom embarrassed me enough." I said and he laughed.

"Fine but can we meet him when he drops you off if it's a decent time?" Josh asked.

"We'll see." I said and Chris smiled.

"Okay, see you soon." Josh said.

"Bye dad, love you." I said and hung up. I looked at Chris and smiled. "Sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"No problem. My mom and sister already called me this morning. They want to meet you if we get in at a decent hour." Chris said and I nodded.

"My dad wants to meet you too." I said and Chris laughed.

"Sounds good. You ready to get some breakfast and go?" Chris asked and I nodded as we headed out of the room.

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Later that afternoon Chris and I were sitting in a park picnic style having lunch as Dodger laid on the blanket chewing on a bone. I looked at Chris and he was smiling.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked and he laughed and shook his head.

"No, I can just tell you are excited to get home." Chris said and I smiled.

"Just spending this time with Dodger and seeing the two of you bond and become close is making me miss Boots. I don't even think she will remember me." I said and Chris put his hand over mine that was on the blanket and I tried to control my heart that started racing.

"Hey, she knows who you are, you took care of her most of her life. She will love you like she did before." Chris said and I smiled.

"I hope so." I said and he didn't move his hand but interlaced our fingers and I didn't say anything and just let him hold my hand. We soon finished eating and just relaxed for a few minutes.

"So...is Dodger going to be meeting a special lady in your life or anything?" I asked and Chris huffed a laugh.

"Is that your subtle way of asking if I have a girlfriend back in Boston?" Chris asked and I smiled.

"Maybe..." I said. Chris looked down at our hands still together and fingers intertwined.

"No Elise, I have no one at home." Chris said and I just gave a small nod.

"I would ask but you said you have an ex but is he back in Boston?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No, he left for the west coast." I said and Chris smiled.

"So, both single..." Chris said and I nodded.

"Single dog parents." I said and we both laughed. Chris then sighed.

"We should probably get on the road." Chris said and I nodded. I was loving the park we stopped at.

"I'm going to hit the rest area restroom before we go." I said and Chris let go of my hand as I walked to the restroom. Once inside I splashed water on my face to try to stop the blushing that had been happening. This couldn't be happening, I didn't want to fall for this man. He was an actor, sure he didn't live in LA and lived in Boston, but he was probably never home. I mean he was filming The Avengers movies now and was never going to be home. Once I left Chris was waiting outside with the leash.

"Can you hold his leash while I go?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Of course. Can I have the car keys though? I want to get him some water before we take off." I said and Chris nodded and handed me the keys and we walked to the car.

"Excuse me!" Some lady called to me as I walked with Dodger. I stopped and smiled.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is that Chris Evans with you?" She asked super excited. I didn't want to rat him out.

"No, sorry. Looks a lot like him though huh?" I said and she laughed as I walked away with Dodger.

"Got protect your dad Dodger." I said and he barked. Once we got to the car, I got Dodger some water in a bowl and he drank it up quickly. Once he was done, I put it all away and got him in the car, turned on the air conditioner and just waited. I pulled my phone out.

ELISE: You may want to hurry out of the restroom. I was stopped and asked if it was you on my way to the car. I said no.

A few minutes later Chris was coming out of the restroom and rushed to the car and tried to not look suspicious. I unlocked the doors and we drove off quickly.

"Thanks for the warning." Chris said and I nodded.

"No problem." I said. Chris took my hand and kissed my knuckles. I smiled at him and held my hand for most of the car ride home.