Home Sweet Home

I woke up the next morning still fully aware of what happened the night before. I wasn't sure how Chris was going to act and that made me nervous. As I was finishing getting dressed I heard a paw scratching at my door, I walked over to find Dodger sitting there with a note attached to his collar.

-Will you please join my new dad outside for breakfast?-

I smiled at this note and headed down the stairs.

"Lead the way Dodger." I said and he ran to the back door off the kitchen and into the backyard. Once I got to the backyard I saw a table set up with tons of food on it and I smiled.

"How long have you been up cooking?" I asked and he smiled seeing me.

"Not long..." Chris said and then I looked at him.

"Was all this delivered?" I asked and he laughed.

"What gave it away?" Chris asked.

"It just hit me that you just got back from filming and haven't had a chance to go to the store." I said and Chris walked up to me. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"I love that you call me out on my bullshit." Chris said and I smiled.

"I don't care about this though, super sweet. It was the thought that counts." I said and Chris smiled. We walked over to the table and he pulled my chair out for me and I smiled as he sat down across the small table from me and we started dishing out food.

"So I figured today we could run by my moms house and you could meet her and my sisters and then we go to your house?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan. I'm excited for Dodger to meet your family, for you to meet my family and for you to meet Boots." I said and Chris smiled.

"How about after we meet the families we take them both out to the dog park? I mean it gets you time with Boots." Chris said.

"And you get time with me." I said and Chris laughed and shook his head.

"You just like calling me out too much." Chris said and I shrugged.

"It's fun." I said as we continued eating.

"How do you think your mom is going to react?" I asked and Chris smiled at me.

"To you? She will love you." Chris said causing me to laugh.

"Not to me although I love that answer. I meant to Dodger." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"Oh yeah, him." Chris said and smiled looking at him running around the backyard. "She will love him too. She knew I had been looking into getting a dog for a while. When I'm home I miss having a dog around." Chris said and I nodded.

"I think that's why I stayed at the shelter so long. I missed having an animal around. Then I met Dodger and I couldn't leave him." I said and Chris sighed.

"How long was he there?" Chris asked.

"About a year I think. He didn't deserve to be there. He was too good of a boy to be there." I said and Chris nodded. We finished breakfast and I helped Chris clean up and do dishes. Once we were done I headed up to get my bag from the bedroom. Once I got back downstairs Chris was waiting at the front door and I smiled. He took my bag but handed me Dodger's leash. Once we got in the car Chris took my hand.

"I was wondering if I could introduce you as my girlfriend to my family?" Chris asked and I smiled.

"Is this your way of asking me Christopher?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yeah I guess it is." He said and leaned close to me and I leaned in giving him a small kiss.

"You can introduce me as your girlfriend." I said as we broke apart.

"Good." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"I mean after the make out session in the kitchen last night I thought it would have been obvious." I said and Chris laughed and he nodded.

"Yeah...I figured but I didn't know if you felt the same way." Chris said and I smiled.

"I felt a connection with you from when you started to come in and see Dodger whenever you could." I said and Chris nodded.

"I did too, with you. I was so happy when you said you would drive home with me. I didn't want to lose you." Chris said as we got on the road to head to his mom.

"Well we still have a lot to learn about each other but that's what dating is for." I said and Chris smiled with a nod. "Which have you thought about our first date?" I asked and he nodded.

"I have but you have to wait to find out." Chris said and I smiled at him. Chris took a hold of my hand as he drove and I smiled.

"So are you ever going to tell me our favorite movie of mine?" Chris asked after a little bit of silence.

"Eventually." I said and Chris laughed.

"I love the suspense." Chris said and I smiled.

"You will be told eventually, trust me." I said and Chris smiled.

I trust you. I can't wait to find out though." Chris said.

"So what should I expect about meeting your mom and siblings?" I asked.

"Not much honestly. My brother is out of town so it's just my mom and sisters. Probably my niece and nephews as well. My mom will insist you call her Lisa or Ma, she hates being called Mrs. Evans. My sisters, Carly, my older sister and Shanna the youngest will most likely want to embarrass me right away." Chris said and I smiled.

"I'm ready for that." I said and laughed.

"Nice to know you love my humiliation." Chris said.

"You think my family isn't going to do the same?" I asked.

"Then I look forward to that." Chris said and I smiled at him. He pulled my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles as we pulled into a driveway.

"Home sweet home." Chris said and I smiled.