Forever Home

*****2 YEARS LATER*****

Chris and I had gotten married in October, 2 years ago and decided we wanted a family so quickly started trying. This was out first kid and we couldn't be happier. Chris had filmed a movie in Boston right after we got married called Knives Out and he was in LA for the premiere. I had, had a doctors appointment that day and he admitted me to the hospital knowing it was any day and he would rather I would be at the hospital. So here I was without my husband lying in a bed in Labor and Delivery just waiting for my water to break.

"This is why I asked him not to go to LA. I knew it was the Knives Out premiere but I needed him home." I said.

"Sweetie, he got on a plane 3 hours ago. He will be here as soon as he can." Lisa said and I just shook my head. I know it was almost a 5 hour plane ride from LA to Boston.

"He will miss our child's birth. He swore he wouldn't miss this and he would be here for me." I said. Lisa and Layla shared a look.

"I know this isn't easy sweetie but why don't you try and get some sleep. He will be here as soon as he can." Lisa said and I groaned but nodded in agreement. I got as comfortable as I could and drifted off to sleep.

💙💗💙💗💙💗

Chris came walking in the room to see Lisa and Layla pacing and me sleeping.

"Thank god." Lisa said and hugged Chris as did Layla.

"Your wife was going crazy." Layla whispered.

"I did everything I could to get here." Chris said and they nodded noticing his suit for the premiere he was still in.

He held up his bag and they nodded

He held up his bag and they nodded. He went into the bathroom and changed into some comfortable lounge pants and a t-shirt. Lisa and Layla were missing when he came back out so he sat in the chair beside the bed and placed a gentle kiss on my lips and I fluttered my eyes open.

"About time Christopher." I said and he laughed shaking his head slightly. He placed a hand in my cheek then started carding his fingers through my hair.

"I know flying from LA was a bitch." Chris said and I nodded. I felt something and I looked at Chris.

"Well, your kid knows you're here. My water just broke." I said and Chris smiled and gave me another quick kiss as we called for the nurse.

💙💙💙💙💙

"I can't believe it was a boy. We were both wrong." I said to Chris as he laid in bed with me, Chris and I both said it was going to be a girl, we were so sure of it. I was sleepy so I rested my head on his shoulder with a yawn.

"Why don't I have a nurse tell everyone to go home and they can come back tomorrow, so that way you can get some sleep?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No, Scott, Carly and Shanna all have a pool going on what we are having so we have to put them out of their misery." I said and Chris laughed.

"Who wins?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"You will find out when they do." I said and the door opened I saw my parents, Lisa and my grandparents come in. They all got to visit with their grandson and great grandson. Then Carly, Scott and Shanna all came walking in and I smiled.

"Well...?" Carly asked and I laughed.

"I would like you all to meet Levi Wyatt Evans, your nephew." I said and Scott started doing a happy dance.

"Told you!" Scott said and we all started laughed. I looked at the family in the room holding my baby son and the man lying next to me in my hospital who traveled across the country to be here to see this family become whole now.

This all started with finding Dodger a Forever Home with Chris. Little did I know this would also be my Forever Home too.

🐶🐶🐶THE END🐶🐶🐶