The Byers Family

After we were able to get away from Chris's family we headed to my grandparents' house since my parents were there that day. Once we pulled into the driveway I sighed and smiled.

"I'm apologizing now. I was only a big marvel fan because of my dad and grandfather. I was forced to see the movies." I said and Chris laughed as he hooked Dodger up to his leash.

"Forced?" Chris asked with a laugh.

"Yeah well I didn't think I would want to watch superhero movies. Typical beefcake guys doing stupid shit." I said and Chris laughed so hard I thought he wasn't going to be able to breath. He then turned and looked at me moving close to me.

"Thank you for your honesty and I hope I changed your mind." Chris said as his lips brushed over mine and I moaned at the light touches. His lips connected to mine and I smiled in our kiss, It was such a gentle kiss as he placed a hand on my cheek. Before it could get too deep Dodger licked our faces and we broke apart laughing. I kissed his muzzle.

"We love you too bubba." I said and Chris smiled. I looked at the house and noticed my mom watching from the front window.

"We have been spotted, time to head in." I said and Chris smiled as we got out of the car and took Dodger. Before I could even reach the front door it was thrown open and I was instantly knocked over by a big dog and I started laughing as she licked my face uncontrollably.

"See she does remember you." Chris said and I laughed as I tried to get her off of me.

"Mom! Dad! Help!" I yelled and I heard them laughing from the door.

"Boots!" My dad yelled in a commanding voice and she stopped enough for me to get up and actually love on her.

"I missed you so much girl!" I said and hugged her. I then got up and took Chris's hand and we headed to the front door. I wrapped my dad in a hug and then hugged my mom.

"Chris this is my mother Layla and my father Josh." I said and Chris shook my dad's hand and then Layla pulled him into a hug and I smiled.

"Also this is Dodger. The dog that held my heart recently at the shelter. Chris adopted him before we left." I said and Layla bent down and petted Dodger.

"Nice to meet you." Layla said and we all laughed.

"Why don't we let the dogs run in the backyard." Josh said and I nodded. Josh and Chris headed to the backdoor and I looked at my mom.

"I want to see them alone first. Can you guys be nice to Chris for a few minutes?" I asked and Layla laughed and she nodded. I walked down the hallway off the living room. I stopped in front of the closed door and then knocked.

"Come in." I heard a female voice said and I smiled when I opened the door and found my grandparents sitting up in their recliners watching their tv.

"Hey." I said and they looked at saw me. They had no clue I was coming home. They thought my parents were hiring a live in nurse.

"Elise...." Grandpa Mark said and I walked over to him, hugged him and then hugged Grandma Kelly.

"What are you doing home?!" Kelly asked.

"I'm moving in here to help take care of you guys." I said and they looked at me shocked.

"What?! What about Georgia?" Mark asked and I shrugged.

"Georgia was over. I moved down there with the douche and then he left me so figured it was time to come back home." I said and they looked shocked but happy.

"But I actually have someone I want you both to meet but Grandpa, you have to be cool about it." I said and he laughed.

"A boy?" Kelly asked and I nodded.

"Well a man but yes." I said and we laughed. I peeked my head out the door and I saw Chris standing at the end of the hallway talking to my parents. He saw me and I motioned for him. He came walking down and I smiled as I took his hand.

"Chris, these are my grandparents. Grandpa Mark and Grandma Kelly." I said and he hugged Kelly but shook Mark's hand who was in shock.

"Mr. Evans, it's a pleasure." Mark said and Chris shook his head.

"Chris is fine." Chris said with a smile.

"Not to sound like it's impossible but how did you get to be with Chris Evans?" Kelly asked and I shook my head with a smile.

"Why don't I help you out to the living room and we all talk. I'm sure mom and dad have questions too." I said they nodded. Without even having to ask to help which I wouldn't have, Chris helped me get Grandma and Grandpa out to the living room.

"Thank you." I said as we sat them down and he shook his head.

"More than happy to help." Chris said and leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"Where's Boots?" Mark asked.

"In the back yard with Chris's dog Dodger." I said. Once we got all situated the questions started.

"So I know you met while he was filming at the shelter but how did this blossom?" Josh asked and I looked at Chris.

"Well his love and eventually adoption of Dodger. He fell in love with him honestly and then he offered me a ride home so I didn't have to take the bus." I said and Chris smiled.

"I couldn't let her take the bus. I had to get to know her and wasn't sure if we would ever run into each other again." Chris said and I smiled.

"So are you two serious now?" Layla asked and Chris nodded.

"Yes ma'am. Your daughter is amazing, special, brilliant and one of the most incredible people I have met." Chris said and I looked at him and smiled.

"Chris..." I said and he smiled at me.

"It's true." Chris said and gave me a small kiss. I smiled at this man who being a big cheeseball with my family but he was my cheeseball and I love it.

"So is it true that you guys forced her to watch superhero movies?" Chris spoke up and we all started laughing.