Date Night With The Past

Later that night there was a knock on the front door and I sighed as I slipped on my shoes.

"What are you doing Elise?" Grandma asked and I groaned.

"Listen, Chris made his choice and I'm making one as well." I said. I opened the door and Michael stood there smiling and I smiled at him.

"Hey, ready to go?" Michael asked and I nodded. I waved to my grandparents and walked out.

"Where are we going?" I asked and Michael nodded.

"I figured we could go easy and just get to talk. The local bar sound okay?" Michael asked and I nodded.

"Sounds amazing." I said and he smiled as we drove to the local bar and everyone seemed to notice him and I together again and I realized not a lot had changed with these idiots he hung out with. We went to a table and sat down.

"Elise! You're back in town! I didn't even know it!" Malory said hugging me. Malory was Michael's sister who always seemed to hate that I dated her brother.

"You like me now Mal?" I asked calling her a nickname.

"Oh come on Elise, don't let the past damage everything. You and my brother are back together, it's a good day!" Malory said and I shook my head.

"We aren't exactly together again yet, we are just going to dinner as friends." I said and Michael sighed.

"We'll see how it is at the end of the night." Michael said and I sighed.

"Michael..." I said and he just groaned and nodded. We ordered drinks and some food. Malory wrote it all down and walked away.

"So not that I want to mind but why the call for a date?" Michael asked.

"Because I wanted to go out, is that a problem?" I asked.

"It is when you were adamant about being with actor boy." Michael said.

"Yeah well that just isn't working out right now."

"Is it because of what I showed you?" Michael asked trying not to smile.

"Stop it Michael." I said and he groaned.

"What?! I mean I just cant believe you thought that it would work out. You are just you Elise, he is Chris Evans!" Michael said.

"What is that supposed to mean? He is also a normal person Michael. Chris Evans isn't all he is." I said and Michael sighed.

"Listen, all I'm saying is this between us is right." Michael said grabbing my hand on the table and I pulled away.

"It was right when we moved down south together and then you left me." I said.

"It wasn't what I thought I needed." Michael said.

"And me, what about me? You just left not even giving me a chance to go with you." I said.

"Can we not talk about the past anymore and more forward to the future?" Michael asked as our drinks were brought over.

"Future..." I said and he nodded.

"I want to try again Elise. I made some horrible mistakes and I want to make up for them with you." Michael said.

"There is a lot Michael." I said and he nodded.

"I know, trust me. I never should have left you down there when I left but you seemed so happy." Michael said.

"I was happy with you! I wanted to be with you. I thought a proposal was coming, I thought you wanted to be serious when we moved but all that changed." I said.

"I wanted the future, I did Elise, I did want it with you but I got scared. When we moved it was finally just us. The families weren't around and everything was us. That was scary for me." Michael said and I shook my head.

"It just means you had to grow up." I said and he sighed but nodded.

"And that scared me. I will always feel like an ass Elise and I hope at some point in time you can forgive me..." Michael said extending his hand for me to take his again and I sighed placing my hand in his. He lifted it to his lips and kissed my knuckles, I smiled shaking my head.

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

As the date was winding down Michael took me home and we were laughing and talking the whole way. Once we got home he walked me to my door.

"So this was fun..." I said and Michael nodded in agreement.

"It was, we should do it again sometime." Michael said and I nodded.

"Yeah, that would be fun." I said and he nodded.

"So we are okay now?" Michael asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. We needed this." I said and Michael sighed.

"Good." He leaned in and kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"Call you later?" Michael asked.

"You better." I said with a small laugh. He gave my hand he was holding a small squeeze and he walked off the porch. I walked into the house and noticed my grandparents weren't in the living room so I went to their room to check on them to see them asleep and I smiled. I closed the door and headed back to clean up around the living room when there was another knock on the door. I walked to the door and opened it.