Spending the Night

Chris and I took our time getting home. It was almost like we didn't want to get there, we knew once we got home we would go our separate ways. We knew we could fix that but it seemed like neither of us wanted to say what needed to be said. Once we got into Boston it was after midnight and I sighed knowing everyone would be asleep at my house and no matter how quiet I would be I would wake them up.

"Chris, can you actually just take me to local motel? I don't want to risk waking Boots or my parents or both. I will just get a cab home tomorrow." I said and he sighed.

"I can't do the Elise. Why don't you just stay with me? I mean my mom and sisters want to meet you, your parents want to meet me. Why not just stay in a guest room tonight and we make the trips tomorrow." Chris said and I sighed.

"I don't want to impose." I said and he shook his head.

"I insist." Chris said and he took my hand again and I smiled at him.

"Chris..." I said and he just sighed.

"We can talk tomorrow Elise. It's late." Chris said and I nodded. We pulled up to his house and he put in the gate code. Once we parked he went and unlocked the door taking Dodger's bed and stuff to get it set up while Dodger and I waited in the car. I turned and looked at him in the backseat.

"You are about to go to your new home bubba. You deserve this, Chris is an amazing guy and absolutely loves you. I don't know where Chris and I are together or anything but I just know that you make him happy and he makes you happy. Your happiness was always my only concern buddy. Getting you that perfect forever home and you have found it for sure." I said and Dodger licked my face. I smiled and kissed his muzzle. I saw Chris come walking back out of the house and I smiled and got out of the car as he let Dodger out of the backseat and then we headed to get some suitcases and I went to get mine but Chris got it before I could.

"You know I'm going to be spoiled when I go to get settled in and you aren't there to get my bags." I said and he laughed.

"I will always be there whenever you need me Elise." Chris said and I smiled at him as we walked to the house and Dodger followed us.

"Let me get you settled in a room and then I will work with Dodger." Chris said and I nodded.

"Sounds good." I said and he took my bag upstairs. He opened the door to a guest room.

"This is great Chris, thank you." I said and he smiled.

"No problem. Good night Elise, sweet dreams." Chris said. He leaned in and kissed my cheek and I smiled as he did. I felt my cheeks blush and he noticed as he pulled away and he just smiled.

"Good night." I said and Chris left the bedroom and I sighed as I closed the door. I just sat on the foot of the bed...what was happening?

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

After a couple hours and not being able to sleep I thought I would go find the kitchen and get a glass of water. I quietly walked down the stairs and just started looking for his kitchen. It was pretty easy to find especially since I heard Chris in the kitchen before I got there.

"Chris?" I called out quietly to not scare him as I walked in.

"Hey, I didn't wake you, did I?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No, I couldn't sleep so I was going to get a glass of water." I said and he smiled. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it for me.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled. It was then I noticed my sleeping attire and I sighed. My short shorts and spaghetti strapped tank top seemed to get his attention. "Sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"It's fine Elise, it's pajamas." Chris said and I half nodded.

"How's Dodger?" I asked and Chris huffed a laugh.

"Sleeping like a baby at the foot of my bed." Chris said and I smiled.

"So, the dog bed is a no go?" I asked with a smile, he laughed and shrugged.

"At least not for tonight." Chris said and I smiled. We were silent for a minute when I finally wanted to break the silence and maybe get somethings straight between us. Before I could get a word out though Chris's lips were on my mine in a passionate kiss. In the kiss I placed my water glass on the counter and then wrapped my arms around Chris' neck as his one arm wrapped around my waist and his other was on the back of my neck holding me to him. Once we broke apart, he just gave a small smile as did I.

"I'm sorry." Chris said, I shook my head and pulled him back down to me crashing my lips to his. He pushed me back against the counter and I hopped up on it as he stepped between my legs. He moved his hands and caged me in on the counter. Once we broke apart again, I just looked at him.

"I think we should really talk." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"I don't think words are needed Elise. We obviously both want this." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"You aren't wrong. I just didn't know if you were sure." I said and Chris kissed me again shortly and softly placed a hand on my cheek.

"I want to see where this goes Elise." Chris said.

"You mean now that we are both home and don't have Dodger as constant buffer." I said and he half laughed and shook his head.

"Dodger will forever be in our lives but I want to see what life and time can be out with just you as well." Chris said and I smiled.

"Well, you better ask me out on a date than Evans." I said and he laughed.

"Once I get one planned, Elise, would you like to go on a date with me?" Chris asked and I smiled.

"I would love to." I said and he gave me another small kiss. Once we broke apart, I wrapped my arms around his midsection and placed my head on his chest.

"Can I help you?" Chris asked and we laughed.

"Your snuggly and I'm sleepy." I said and he laughed.

"Then you better get to bed." Chris said and I sighed and released him. I smiled at him and hopped down from the counter and went to walk away but Chris grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. I smiled as my hand rested on his chest.

"Good night." Chris said brushing his lips against mine.

"Good night." I said and giving him a small kiss and walking away. Once I got to my room I fell in the bed with a smile on my face.