Lies Add Up

I quickly left Chris's house. I didn't even care if he realized I was there or not anymore. I couldn't do this again, not with her and him. I drove to the end of his street knowing I couldn't go home because even if he didn't know I came over he would be there to pick me up at 7 tonight. I then knew where I wanted to go and Boots would be all for it. I drove to our favorite hiking trail and she started barking and bouncing around the backseat.

*****CHRIS POV*****

Jenny looked at me oddly from the open door.

"What?" I asked.

"A girl was just standing here with a dog. I asked if I could help her and she said she would come back later." Jenny said and I rushed to the door in enough time to see Elise's car leaving through the gate.

"Fuck..." I said through gritted teeth. "I told you I had the door, now I don't know how to explain this." I said and Megan sighed.

"It was Elise?" Megan asked and I nodded. "Crap." She said. I pulled out my phone and went to text her but knew she wouldn't answer me. I groaned and looked at everyone.

"Can we just finish this so I can find her and try to make this right." I said as they all sat back down and worked out everything they had been working on. Once everything I was done I left the house, I needed to find Elise. I took Dodger with me knowing she wouldn't hate him too much if Dodger was around. I went to the dog park and I didn't see her or Boots. I went to the regular park and no Elise. I figured now it was time to bite to bullet and go to her grandparents house. I knocked on the door. I gave them a minute and the door was opened by grandpa.

"Chris, what a surprise." Grandpa said.

"Hey, is Elise here?" I asked and grandpa looked at me oddly as we walked in the house.

"No, she left a little bit ago, taking Boots with her." Grandpa said and I groaned.

"Great..." I said as we all sat down.

"Chris, what is going on?" Grandma asked. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"I screwed up. I lied and I shouldn't have. I just need to be the one to explain to Elise what she saw at my house when she stopped by." Chris said.

"Chris, why would you lie?" Grandpa asked.

"It's a sore subject and I didn't want her to not be able trust me." I said.

Chris, think about what you just said...you lie to her but you want her to trust you." Grandma said and I huffed a laugh realizing how bad it sounded.

"We don't want to see her hurt." Grandpa said.

"I don't want to hurt her either and I just want to make it right." I said.

"Well I know somewhere she could be where she goes to think about life." Grandpa said and I sighed a sigh of relief knowing I was going to find her.

*****NORMAL POV*****

Boots and I walked the trail and went pretty deep into the trail. I knew where I was going and it was where I loved going to think and really think about what to do. I sat out on an overlook that overlooked the city of Boston and I sighed as Boots sat next to me.

"How did it get so fucked up Boots?" I asked looked at her and he just sighed. "I mean I fell for this Hollywood guy. Having a few girlfriends is probably what he is used to but that's not me, not the life I want." I said. I pulled my knees up to my chest and just chested my forehead on my knees. I felt tears stinging my eyes and I just wanted to break down. As I was trying to calm down and get my composure to get the gumption to text Chris and end this telling him it wasn't what I needed. As I sat there I felt a dog come up and sit beside me on the other side of me and I got confused and turned to look and I saw Dodger which did make me give a small smile. I then sighed and looked behind me on the trail and I saw Chris standing there.