It's Out There

I had been back in Boston for about a week now and fully moved into my grandparents' house. Everything was going great. Chris and I tried seeing each other a lot but he had a lot to do and deal with since he was now home. We talked every morning and every night though. I woke up early one morning to take Boots and go for a run on the neighborhood. I got her on the leash and went to tell my grandparents. I saw they were still asleep, so I left them a note on the one-night stand and headed out of the house. As I was running, I heard my phone going off in my earbuds, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered while running.

"Is this Elise Byers?" I heard someone ask.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked as I stopped running.

"This is a rep for people magazine and we were wondering if you wanted to comment on you and Chris Evans being together." They said and I hung up confused. My phone instantly rang again.

"Elise Byers?"

"Yes..." I answered unsure.

"The is a rep for BuzzFeed and we were wondering-..." They were saying I hung up. I had no clue what was going on. I instantly rushed home and by the time I was running up my driveway I saw Chris about to knock on the door. Boots broke free from me and rush to Chris.

"Hey Bootsy." Chris said and I smiled at his nickname for her. Chris then looked at me. "We need to talk." Chris said and I nodded.

"Maybe as why BuzzFeed and people called me on my run." I said.

"Fuck..." Chris said and I sighed. I unlocked the door and we went inside.

"I need to go see if they are still asleep." I said and Chris nodded staying in the living room with Boots. I checked and my grandparents were asleep and I smiled closing the door quietly.

"Let's go to my room." I said and we headed upstairs. Once inside I looked at Chris. "What the hell is going on Chris?" I asked once I shut the door and he groaned. He pulled a picture up on his phone of us holding hands at the park and when we entered the hotel together while we were traveling home. "Shit..." I said.

"So, they must have gotten your name from the hotel and have been calling you." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, I can't do this...I don't want my life to be bothered." I said and he nodded.

"I have my PR team on it already, but they want to know how you want to approach this." Chris said and I sighed sitting next to him on the bed.

"I mean we are together, right?" I asked and Chris nodded. "Can't we just ask for privacy?" I asked and Chris sighed but nodded. "What? What's with the sigh?" I asked.

"I want people to know we are together." Chris said.

"Which we can say but I want to be left alone Chris." I said and he sighed.

"I will do what I can Elise but things can happen. I mean everything is in public. You get called or approached there is nothing we can do." Chris said.

"Chris I just moved in with my grandparents. I have to take them to appointments and things, I can't be being approached when I have them. They didn't ask for this." I said.

"Hey okay listen, I will get the PR to release a statement saying when we met and we are together but to please allow us our privacy as well." Chris said and I smiled.

"I also need a new phone number." I said as my phone rang again and it was another unknown number.

"We will call the cellphone company today. How about I go home, get Dodger and we just hang out here today." Chris said and I smiled.

"I could show you my favorite movie of yours..." I said and Chris laughed.

"Finally." Chris said and gave me a small kiss. As our kiss started to get deeper, I wrapped my arms around Chris's neck and pulled him down on my bed to hover over me and he moaned we broke apart he still hovered over me. "Elise, I want to go knows I do but not yet." Chris said and I nodded.

"I know but making out can be fun." I said and Chris nodded as he brought his lips to connect to mine again. As we made out, I heard a crash downstairs.

"Shit!" I said pushing Chris off of me and rushing down the stairs. Chris was right behind me. When I got downstairs to my grandparents room, I saw Grandma on the floor with a big gash on her forehead that was bleeding and grandpa leaning over her, checking her.

"Grandma!" I said rushing in the room. "Chris call 9-1-1." I said and he did as I asked and I rushed over to Grandma.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I just wanted to get out of bed and fell. I hit my head on the corner of the nightstand." She said and I groaned as grandpa handed me a washcloth to place on her bleeding head. I got her up and back in bed. Chris peeked his head back in.

"They are on their way." Chris said and I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you." I said smiling at him. This was my life, this is what I was going to be dealing with, this is what Chris needed to see and see why I couldn't be followed.