The Evans Family

We walked up the walkway to the house and Chris had Dodgers leash and was so excited. He knocked but then opened the door.

"Hello?!" He called out and we heard people freak out and come running in.

"Chris! You're home!" An older lady said and hugged Chris and I knew who she was instantly. This was his Ma, Lisa Evans. She wasn't letting Chris go as I saw his sisters behind her.

"Ma! Let us at him." The one girl said and Chris subtly handed me Dodger's leash. Lisa saw me and I smiled.

"Oh hi! Sorry we get excited when Chris is home we get on blinders." She said and I smiled as shook my head.

"It's understandable. I'm Elise." I said and Lisa's face lit up.

"The girl from Georgia that he drove home?!" Lisa said and I nodded as she hugged me. "It's so great to put a face with the name that Chris had been talking about like crazy. Did he treat you right?" Lisa asked and I nodded looking at Chris.

"Perfect gentleman." I said and Chris smiled and kissed my cheek. Everyone noticed the interaction.

"So much of a perfect gentleman you two are obviously something." One of the girls said and Chris smiled.

"Elise, this is my older sister Carly and the baby of the family Shanna." Chris said and I shook both their hands. That's when Dodger reminded us he was there with a bark.

"Someone isn't the center of attention." I said to Chris and he laughed as we headed into the living room.

"Um...are we ignoring the dog in the room?" Shanna asked and we all laughed.

"Everyone meet Dodger." Chris said and they looked at me.

"He isn't mine." I said and Chris smiled.

"He's mine. He was at the shelter that we filmed at and where Elise worked. When I saw him it was an instantly connection, I couldn't leave him there." Chris said and I smiled at him. Dodger went up to Lisa and she started scratching behind his ears.

"He is the cutest thing I have ever seen." Lisa said and I nodded.

"He knows it though." I said and Chris nodded.

"He was amazing on the trip though." Chris added.

"He was." I said.

"So, now I'm curious about this." Carly said motioning between Chris and I, he groaned.

"Be nice Carly." Chris urged.

"I am. I just want to know what happened? I know how y'all met but how did this happen?" Carly asked, I sighed and looked at Chris.

"Honestly I knew who he was when he came into film. I was a fan. He really got me though when he wanted to meet all the dog and come with me to do my job. Then he met Dodger, who he named by the way. He was just bubba to me. He kept coming back though, whenever he wasn't filming or had time, he was back." I said and everyone smiled.

"I couldn't stay away. Dodger was amazing dog but it was something about this girl that made coming back the best thing ever." Chris said and I felt the heat rising in my cheeks.

"So you guys really hit it off on the ride home then?" Lisa asked and I nodded.

"Yeah the 2 weeks at the shelter helped make the car ride easy." I said and Chris nodded.

"So this is a for sure thing?" Carly asked and Chris groaned and nodded.

"How many times so I have to say yes Carly? Elise is my girlfriend." Chris said and took ahold of my hand and she smiled.

"I just like how happy you look." Carly said and he smiled at his sister.

"So what's the plans for today?" Lisa asked.

"Well we still have to go to my parents' house. They wanted to meet Chris and he wants to meet my dog." I said and Chris smiled.

"You have a dog too?" Shanna asked and I nodded.

"A mutt named Boots." I said.

"Oh no do we have a girlfriend already for Dodger?" Lisa asked and we all laughed.

"I'm not sure, I guess it's a possibility." I said and Chris smiled and kissed my cheek. The truth was as I sat here with this man who seemed to just pop into my life, I felt like my life couldn't get any better. I just wanted to get this man to meet my family and mostly Boots.