Pictures

A few weeks later everything with Chris and I being out as a couple in the media had died down and life was getting back to normal. I was getting grandpa and grandma from the car to get them in the house from a doctors appointment when I car pulled in and I groaned.

"Who is that?" Grandma Kelly asked.

"Michael." I said and she groaned. I already had grandpa in the house.

"Let me help you get her in." Michael said.

"Touch her and I break your arm." I said and Grandma snickered.

"Come on don't be like this Elise." Michael said and I got grandma in the house and to her chair by grandpa. Michael followed me in the house and I pushed him back out the door to the porch.

"What do you want?" I asked and he sighed.

"You still with the actor?" Michael asked.

"His name is Chris and yes I am. We are going out tonight actually." I said and Michael huffed a laugh.

"So I take you haven't seen the news recently?" Michael asked and I looked at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and Michael pulled out his phone and showed me pictures of Chris out to lunch with some dark-haired girl and I just looked at them and the news article that went with it. "Who is Jenny Slate?" I asked.

"An actress, I guess she is from here too. She was in that movie he just filmed down south when you met him." Michael said and I nodded.

"So they became friends and had lunch together. I'm not concerned..." I trailed off as I saw a picture of him looking like he was going in to kiss her.

"You okay Lis?" Michael asked calling me the nickname he always called me.

"Don't call me that." I said shoving his phone back in his chest. "This was shitty of you Michael. Bringing these over to throw in my face. I don't even know the context of these pictures." I pissed off.

"Elise, you aren't what he is looking for. You need to cut ties now." Michael said.

"Get off the property." I said and slamming the door in his face. I saw my grandparents looking at me sympathetically.

"Elise...?" Grandpa Mark questioned and I shook my head slightly.

"Are you guys all situated? Do you need anything or can I take Boots for a run?" I asked.

"We are good. Your mom is getting our meds soon anyway so she will be here." Grandpa Mark said and I nodded.

"Sounds good." I said and headed to change into a sports bra and leggings. I hooked up Boots to the running leash and we headed out if the house. I just started running. I wasn't sure where I was running or long I had been running but the images of Chris out with the girl were running through my head. When I stopped to catch my breath we were at the dog park. I heard a dog barking and I looked to see Dodger running to the fence as Boots started to pull me to the gate to let her in.

"Fine." I said and opened the gate, took her off the leash and she ran in and started playing with Dodger. I was leaning in the fence outside the gate not trying to look for Chris when I felt someone stand next to me.

"Trying to ignore me?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Maybe..." I said not making eye contact with him.

"Can I ask why?" Chris asked.

"Why don't you call Jenny. She might be able to explain to you why I'm mad." I said and Chris groaned.

"I was hoping you wouldn't see those." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Wow..." I said. I whistled for Boots. "Boots, let's go!" I yelled and she came running over.

"Elise, don't do this, I stated that wrong." Chris said and I just looked at him.

"How do you mean to word it Chris? How can that possibly be worded better?" I asked and he groaned.

"I was going to tell you about them tonight at dinner. I was going to tell you I met her for lunch." Chris said.

"Were you going to tell me you kissed her too?" I asked and he groaned.

"Elise...I..." Chris said and I just shook my head.

"Don't worry about tonight Chris." I said hooked Boots up to her leash and started running towards home.

"Damnit!" I heard Chris yelled as I ran home.