Game Night

A week after we were back I pulled in the driveway from grocery shopping and noticed my parents car and Chris's car in the driveway. I had no clue what was going on. Chris and I had plans for much later that night but I didn't know why he would be here now. As I got out of the car Chris came outside to help me get the groceries.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as he gave me a small kiss.

"I left some clothes here I wanted for date night tonight." Chris said and I nodded.

"You could have just come here and got ready if that was the case." I said and Chris sighed and shook his head.

"If I came here to get ready we would never leave." Chris said grabbing some bags and I smirked at him.

"Like that's a bad thing." I said and Chris laughed as we carried in groceries. Once everything was in he pulled me close to him and I giggled.

"You love me?" Chris asked as I snaked my arms around his midsection.

"Um...I guess..." I said and he shook his head with a smile, leaned down and kissed me.

"You guess?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yep...you want to stay for a little bit and make me change my mind?" I asked and he groaned.

"You are playing a very evil game and I can't stay. I will be here to pick you up at 6pm tonight. Family game night at Ma's." Chris said and I nodded.

"Sounds amazing." I said and Chris smiled giving me a small kiss and releasing me from his hold. Once I got out of his grip he walked out the door. I started putting groceries away and Layla walked in.

"Chris leave?" She asked since he went out the side door.

"Yeah, why was he here?" I asked.

"Said he was picking up something he left here." Layla said and I nodded not believing anyone.

"Okay stick with that story." I said and she laughed as we both started putting everything away.

"When we are done your grandparents want to talk to all of us." Layla said and I looked concerned.

"About?" I asked and she shrugged. We quickly finished putting everything away and walked into the living room.

"Okay we want to talk about the future going forward." Grandpa said.

🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

I was in the car with Chris on the way to date night still reeling over what was just brought to light by my grandparents and I wasn't sure how to take it

"Hey, you okay?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Yeah...grandpa and grandma just brought up something today after you left." I said and Chris just looked at me confused. "They brought up moving them to an assisted living facility. They know they never wanted that but they said they think it's time." I said and Chris squeezed my hand.

"How do you feel about it though?" Chris asked.

"I don't know. I mean I came back for them. I mean I would have come back any ways but it was mostly for them." I said and Chris nodded.

"Yeah, but you always know life for you going forward can be hard if you stay taking care of them." Chris said and I nodded.

"Yeah, they brought that up too." I said and Chris gave a small smile.

"They want you happy." Chris said.

"Well, I know I'm happy now." I said and smiled as Chris as we pulled into his mom's driveway. I smiled as we got out of the car and headed inside.

"Elise!!!" Scott yelled when I came in and he hugged me before I could get my shoes off. I smiled as we continued to hug and then he released me so I could take them off. I walked in and hugged everyone and Chris introduced to me his niece and nephews. Lisa had ordered pizza and we just had a simple game night at Lisa's and I then noticed how competitive the whole family was but I was the same so I fit right in. After about 2 hours of playing Chris and I realized we were tied in a score at scrabble and argued over who won.

"Okay! Okay! One game, winner take all." Lisa said and I looked at Chris.

"Perfect. You ready?" I asked and Chris nodded as we got the board all set up for a new game. Chris and I started playing and we was playing some of the simplest words.

"Are you even trying?" I asked with a laugh and he just looked at me and smiled. I looked at my letters and then to the board and looked at all the words Chris played, then gasped. He knew I caught on and came around to me on my side of the coffee table and knelt down to me and pulled out the engagement ring.

"Do I have to say it out loud or was the board clear enough?" Chris asked and smiled at him

"Do I have to say it out loud or was the board clear enough?" Chris asked and smiled at him. I saw a play on the board with my answer and laid out an E and S on the Y in marry. Chris passionately kissed me and the family cheered as he placed the ring on my finger.

 Chris passionately kissed me and the family cheered as he placed the ring on my finger