Favorite Movie Revealed

Chris and I were cuddled on the couch while Grandpa and Grandma were sitting in their recliners and we just finished Captain America: Winter Solider and I smiled at Chris.

"I think it's time." I said and Chris smiled.

"For?" Grandma asked.

"He wants to know what my favorite Chris Evans movie is..." I said and Grandma Kelly smiled.

"Oh yes please!" Grandma Kelly said and I laughed.

"She had a major crush on the character you play." I said and Chris laughed. I then placed a hand over his eyes. I pulled up the movie and started it playing and Chris laughed.

"Really? Colin Shea does it for you?" Chris asked and I waggled my eyebrows at him and he laughed.

"It's the singing." I said and he leaned down to my ear.

"Just the singing or the nearly naked half the movie?" Chris asked and I turned a bright shade of red.

"I plead the 5th." I said and Chris chuckled as we watched the movie and enjoyed the time together. Once the movie was over I yawned and stretched. I got up and checked Grandma's bandage and sighed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I feel fine Elise. Why don't you and Chris go upstairs and get some alone time. You don't want to be stuck with us old farts." She said and I smiled at her and shook my head.

"Go, we will stay right here. We promise." Grandpa said, I sighed and looked at Chris. He extended his hand and I took it. We headed upstairs to my room. Once we got in the room I laid on the bed and Chris hovered over me and I smiled sleepily at him.

"Want to take a nap?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"No, I want to spend time with you." I said and he sighed and laid down next to me, I instantly cuddled into his side.

"You think I'm going somewhere. Sweetie, you were up early out for a run, I was up early hearing about us being outed. I could use a nap too." Chris said and I chuckled. We got comfortable together and I drifted off to sleep a lot quicker than I thought I would.

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Chris and I only slept for like an hour until I realized I needed to get up and get my grandparents lunch and call my mother. Once I got everything situated with my grandparents after lunch when they wanted to take a nap. I sighed and sat on the couch pulling out my cellphone, Chris sat beside me.

"You ready to make this call?" Chris asked and I huffed a laugh.

"Nope." I said as I called her and waited for her to answer.

"About time you call me." She said and I groaned.

"How did you hear?" I asked.

"I'm friends with the 9-1-1 operator who took the call and when she recognized the address she called me." Layla said and I groaned.

"Mom..." I said.

"And Chris called? You couldn't even call?! Where were you Elise?!" Layla freaked out.

"I was getting her off the floor and working to get the bleeding to stop." I said and she sighed.

"Listen, are you able to handle this? I mean they need constant care." Layla said and I groaned.

"I came back to do this! If you didn't have faith in me, why did I come back?" I asked. There was silence on her end of the phone. "Wow..." I said and I heard her take a deep breath.

"I heard who the one paramedic was..." Layla trailed off changing the subject.

"Can you not?" I asked and she sighed.

"I'm just having a conversation with you about how you feel about seeing him again." Layla said.

"How I feel about seeing him? I wanted to punch him in the fucking face. I didn't even know he was back in town and then Chris being here..." I said and Layla sighed.

"I didn't even think of that, what did he say Elise?" Layla asked.

"Just told Chris to get out while he could." I said and Layla growled.

"That man...did Chris take it seriously?" Layla asked and I knew Chris could hear her.

"Hell no." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"Listen, why don't I bring pizza over with your dad and we all just have a nice family dinner. Chris included." Layla said and I looked at Chris who nodded.

"Sounds good." I said.

"Alright, and don't worry about Michael. He will dig his own grave with you." Layla said and I nodded.

"See you tonight." I said and hung up. I then looked at Chris.

"You really don't care what he said?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Hell no. He was the idiot that left you and I'm so happy he did." Chris said and I smiled as he leaned in and kissed me. As we kissed his cellphone rang and he looked seeing it was his PR person.

"Time to deal with this." Chris said and I nodded as he answered his phone.