I'm Ready

A month later everything between Chris and I were going amazing. He was honest about anything going on in his life especially if it pertained to Gifted or Jenny. Chris had been away doing press for the movie and I made sure to try and watch whatever he did. The premiere was in a few days and I would be flying to LA soon to go to the premiere with him. I didn't want I be thrown into the spotlight but Chris wanted me there. I was lying in bed getting some sleep when my cellphone rang.

"Murder to all." I grumbled and answered the phone.

"This better be good or an emergency." I said and I heard Chris chuckle.

"What about a call from the boyfriend. What does that fall under?" Chris asked.

"It falls under death to you." I said and he laughed.

"What's going Elise?" Chris asked.

"Rough night. I went out with Scott and Steve to do Marvel trivia at the bar and I may have drank too much." I said and Chris laughed.

"Oh not good. Do I need to yell at Scott?" Chris asked.

"Nope. He is about to get a hungover call from me demanding breakfast." I said. Chris laughed hysterically.

"You are a genius." Chris said and I smiled.

"Shouldn't you be doing press?" I asked.

"In about an hour. I just got done working out and I just got out of the shower." Chris said and I moaned.

"Are you in a towel right now?" I asked and be chuckled.

"I am...you having an idea?" Chris asked and I moaned closing my eyes envisioning him in a towel.

"So many ideas of what I want to do to you." I said.

"Well get here and you can have your way with me." Chris said.

"I plan on it." I said and Chris moaned. He was about to say something when there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Hey it's Megan. I have to go. I'll see you later." Chris said and sighed.

"Later." I said hopeful. Once we both hung up I went to call Scott but there was a knock on the front door. I walked downstairs and found Scott standing at the door with a bag of donuts and 2 large coffees.

"You are amazing! You owe me this." I said and he laughed and walked in. I saw my grandparents sitting at the kitchen table having their morning coffee.

"Grandma, grandpa this is Scott, Chris's brother." I said introducing them and they smiled as Scott hugged them both and I smiled.

"You here to just bring me breakfast and apologize for last night?" I asked and he laughed.

"That and Chris asked me to take you to the airport." Scott said and I smiled.

"Well once I get this coffee drank and breakfast ate I will shower." I said and Scott smiled.

"I actually wanted to show you an interview he just did last night. Can we go to your room?" Scott asked and I nodded as we headed to my room and sat on my bed and Scott pulled up the interview and I noticed it was just Chris alone and I smiled. They asked him questions about the movie and then the questions switched.

"So you have had a very public relationship lately. Can we ask how that is going?"

Chris just smiled.

"Elise and I are doing amazing, she is an amazing woman. I'm so lucky to have found her." Chris said and I blushed and looked down at my lap as Scott gently nudged me.

"So can we see a proposal coming in the future?"

Chris just smiled and shrugged. The interview then asked a few more normal questions and it ended. I was still sitting in shock about the proposal.

"Scott..." I said and he was looking something up on his phone.

"Do you want to see why they asked him?" Scott asked and I nodded. He pulled up some pictures of Chris out and about in LA the day before he was going into a jewelry store and looking around inside at engagement rings. I sighed and looked at Scott.

"I didn't know we were even at this point of discussion. What do I do?" I asked and Scott sighed and took my hand.

"Hey, don't freak out. I know Chris, maybe he was just getting ideas of what's out there or what he wants to do. He wouldn't just jump on a proposal because someone asked about it. He would want to now you are ready too." Scott said and I half nodded.

"Scott..." I said and looked up at him.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I think I'm ready." I said and Scott smiled and hugged me tightly.