Michael, the Ex

Chris had let the paramedics in and once they arrived at the bedroom, I gasped at the face I saw staring back at me.

"Michael?!" I asked seeing my ex-boyfriend.

"Elise, I didn't know you were back in town." Michael, my ex-boyfriend said.

"Same goes for you. Last I knew you were on the west coast." I said.

"And last I knew you were in Georgia." Michael said.

"Where you left me." I said and he rolled his eyes. I looked at my grandmother and she sighed.

"What happened Grandma Kelly?" Michael asked as I growled as I let him look at her.

"Just Kelly." I said as I walked out of the bedroom to the living room to pace like a caged animal with him being in the house.

"So, that's the ex?" Chris asked.

"Yes, and before you ask, I had no clue he was even back in town." I said and Chris shook his head.

"I wasn't going to asked Elise, it's fine. Grandma Kelly is being taken care of and that's all that matters." Chris said and I gave a small nod. After about 15 minutes Michael came walking out.

"She shows no signs of concussion or head trauma, she has the cut which wasn't so bad once it was cleaned. We were able to butterfly bandage it. It will have to be cleaned and changed at least once day. Who will be taking care of her?" Michael asked.

"Me. I'm living here to take care of her and grandpa." I said.

"Bang up job Elise." Michael said and I felt my body start to shake from anger. "You got lucky Elise..." Michael said.

"Michael, I didn't know she was awake, I was upstairs." I said and he sighed.

"Have you guys discussed...-" Michael was saying and I started shaking my head.

"We are not sending them to a retirement home Michael, that is why I'm here now." I said and he sighed.

"Elise, you were home and this happened." Michael said and I groaned.

"Listen, she knows not to get up without me. I will talk to her. I'm not sending them to a home." I said and I felt hands on my shoulders and I looked to see Chris. Michael looked at me then at Chris. "Michael, this is Chris, Chris this is the ex-boyfriend who I didn't know was back in town, Michael that is pissing me off right now." I said and he sighed as the men shook hands.

"I just want to try and make this easier on you Elise." Michael said.

"It will be fine. I got this." I said and he sighed but nodded.

"I believe you. I'm going to check on her one more time." Michael said and walked back to the bedroom. I turned and rested my forehead on Chris's chest, he wrapped his arms around me and just sighed.

"Hey, you okay?" Chris asked.

"It was a lot of blood Chris, I was so worried about her." I said and Chris kissed the top of my head.

"I wasn't just talking about Grandma Kelly, Elise. Michael being back and seeing him again can't be easy." Chris said and I groaned.

"Please don't get me started." I said and he just held me a little tighter. We heard someone clear their throat and I looked to see Michael.

"Everything is all set, maybe just keep a closer eye on her. You know do what you came back to do and not worry about Mr. Hollywood over here." Michael said.

"Hey! No, don't do that! You don't get a say in my life anymore." I said and Michael huffed a laugh and looked at Chris.

"Just be prepared, she will use you and spit you out. Get out while you can." Michael said and I groaned.

"Leave Michael." I said annoyed and I pushed him to the door.

"Just think about what I said Elise, they need more help you can give them." Michael said and I slammed the door in his face. I turned around and fell against the door sliding to the floor. I pulled my knees up and placed my forehead on them and just started silently crying.

"Elise..." Chris said coming over and sitting beside me.

"Why do I let him get under my skin?!" I asked as Chris wrapped his arm around me and just pulled me to him. "If you want out now, it's your chance. I'm a big ball of messed up." I said and Chris sighed. He placed his hand under my chin making me look at him.

"Hey, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. Why don't I go home and get Dodger, you get your grandparents all settled and then I come back over and we watch movies all day. Invite Grandpa and Grandma to watch with us. We can even watch some Captain America if it would help." Chris said and I smiled.

"I can still show you my fav. Grandma loves my fav too." I said and Chris smiled.

"Sounds perfect. Anything to get you to smile." Chris said and moved his hand from under my chin and wiped away the tears that had fallen. He leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"Be back in about 20 minutes." Chris said and I nodded as we stood up and he headed out of the house. I sighed watching him leaving hoping he would come back but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.