1.

"Rise and shine, Em!" Hopper yells, using my nickname, from the other side of the door

"Rise and shine, Em!" Hopper yells, using my nickname, from the other side of the door. "I'm up. I'm up." I groan as I roll out of bed. I go to my closet and get out a pair of jeans and a Guns N Roses t-shirt. I pull on my beat-up red high tops and grab my red leather jacket.

"Morning El. Morning Hop." I say as I pass them at the table to get some orange juice from the fridge. "Morning." They reply in unison. I grab a piece of toast and get my backpack and keys.

"Hey, hey, hey. Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?" Hopper asks as he stands up from the table. "I'm going to school. If I don't go now, I'm gonna be late." I say as I quickly eat my toast and drink my orange juice. "Well, you wouldn't be late if you would get up when I tell you to." Hopper replies as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Yeah, I know, I know." I say in annoyance as I put my empty glass in the sink.

"Okay, well be careful and remember-" Hopper says before I finish for him. "Don't let anyone see my tattoo. I know, I know." I say with a smile as I walk towards the door. "Bye, kid." He replies with a smile of his own. "Bye Em." El says in a happy tone, but I could hear the undertone of jealousy in her voice.

I honestly feel really bad for her. She wants to go out and see her friends and Mike. Hopper and El get into fights about it nearly every day. El thinks Hopper is purposefully keeping her from seeing them, but he's really just trying to protect her. I'm surprised he even decided to let me go to high school. I guess he thinks since I'm older, I'm more responsible than El.

I walk down to my red 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback and quickly get in and turn on the motor. I flip through the stations until I eventually hear the familiar sound of Def Leppard enter my ears.

I speed off down the road and turn into the Hawkins High parking lot. I park beside Steve, like I always do, and roll my eyes as I look over to see him and Nancy kissing. After last year, Nancy and I have become best friends. We fought the Demogorgon together and she, Jonathan, and I all have matching scars because of it.

I take my keys out of the ignition and grab my backpack. I open the door to my car and turn as I hear the rumble of a car engine and the sound of Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions enter my ears. I whistle as I see the dark blue Camaro pull into the parking lot. Hopper has taught me a lot about cars and mechanics and due to this I have loved cars and learning about them. I mean I love my Mustang but man, I love Camaro's so much more.

I look over at Nancy and she looks back at me. She rolls her eyes and shakes her head as she looks back at the car. I look back at the car as well to see a boy with blond curly hair get out of the car with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I then look over to the passenger side of the car and see a girl, around El's age, get out of the car with a skateboard tucked under her arm. She looks around and then skates off toward the middle school.

I look back at the boy to see him staring at me. He sends me a smirk and I shake my head and look away. I round my car and walk towards the school with Nancy beside me.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

I open my locker and I see someone, out of the corner of my eye, lean up against the locker beside me. I turn to see the boy from the parking lot earlier smiling down at me. "Hi." He says with a charming smile. "Hi?" I reply, confused, as I look up at him. "I'm Billy. Billy Hargrove." He introduces himself in a charismatic voice. "I'm Emily." I reply in a monotone voice as I cross my arms over my chest.

Billy looks me up and down and moves closer to me. I roll my eyes, already knowing what type of guy he is. The classic bad boy type who only cares about popularity, girls, and alcohol. "You want to come over to my place later?" He asks in the same tone as before and I look down and shake my head. "I'll pass, thanks." I reply harshly as I slam my locker shut.

I shove past him and begin walking toward my class, leaving Billy leaning against my locker in shock. I look over as Nancy starts walking beside me. "What was that about?" Nancy asks with a quirked brow. "Another stupid popular guy wanting to get with a girl. But, this girl actually has modesty and standards." I reply as Nancy and I walk into our class.