48.

The next morning we run to the grocery store because Eddie needed some more food

The next morning we run to the grocery store because Eddie needed some more food. We get the food and come back to Reefer Rick's house.

"Delivery service!" Dustin says as we open the shed door. Eddie sighs in relief seeing that it's just us. Eddie grabs the bags of food and crouches down on the ground as we gather around him. He quickly gets out a box of cereal and starts eating it.

"Okay, so we've got some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asks as he looks at Eddie. "Bad news first, always." Eddie says with a mouth full of cereal and I roll my eyes.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro and they're definitely looking for you." Dustin says as Eddie looks down. "Also they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin adds. "Like a hundred percent kind of convinced." Max says and Eddie nods and looks up at her.

"And the good news?" Eddie asks as he looks around at all of us. "You're name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you it's only a matter of time before others do too and once that gets out everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin explains frantically. "Hunt the freak right?" Eddie asks with a scoff. "Exactly." Billy says with a nod as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"So before that happens we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocents." Dustin says as Eddie glares at him. "That's all Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asks with little hope in his voice. "Yeah. I mean that's pretty much it." Dustin replies with a smile, clearly clueless about how worried Eddie is.

"Listen, Eddie, I know that everything Em and Dustin are saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean they have a few times and Billy and I have once. Mine and Billy's was more human fleshed based and theirs was more smoke-related, but, bottom line is collectively I really feel like we got this." Robin says enthusiastically with a smile.

"Yeah see we usually rely on Em and her sister. They have superpowers, but El is in California now and Emily's battery is still not fully recharged from bringing Billy back to life and killing the Mind Flayer." Steve says and Eddie's mouth pops open in shock as he looks between me and Billy.

"So we're technically in the uh-" Steve begins before Max cuts in. "Brainstorming phase." She says. "Brainstorming." Steve repeats and snaps. "There's nothing to worry about." Dustin says and Steve laughs and shrugs.

"I'm sorry you have superpowers?" Eddie asks as he points and looks at me. "Yeah." I say and make a flame appear in my hand and he gasps. "An-and you died?" He asks as he looks at Billy and Billy nods. "And you brought him back to life?" Eddie asks pointing back at me and then to Billy. We both nod and Eddie looks down at the ground in shock.

We hear sirens and look towards the window. "Tarp. Tarp." I say and Eddie grabs the tarp and gets under it as the rest of us run to the window and see several police cars speed by.

We leave the shed and Steve, Robin, and Dustin get in Steve's car as Max, Billy and I get into my Mustang. We follow the police cars and when we arrive we get out and see Nancy. She waves at us and Steve and I wave back. I give her a worried look seeing her sad expression.

We wait until the cops finish questioning her and she walks over to us. "Hey, you okay?" I ask my best friend as I put my hand on her shoulder. "Yeah. What are you all doing here?" She asks as she looks at all of us.

"We need to fill you in on what happened yesterday." I reply and Nancy nods. "Meet at the trailer park?" I ask and she nods and walks to her car while the rest of us go back to our cars and drive to the trailer park.