9.

"He's not taking the bait

"He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?" Steve asks concerned. "Maybe he's not hungry." Dustin tries to reason. "Maybe he's sick of cow." I reply worriedly. Steve and I look at each other and nod already knowing what each other was thinking.

"Steve? Em? What are you two doing? Guys, what are you doing?" Dustin asks with panic clear in his tone. "Just get ready in case Human Torch over here can't light these suckers up." Steve says as he tosses Dustin his lighter and I give him a look and roll my eyes.

Steve slowly opens the doors and steps out with his bat ready. I follow after him and close the door behind me. Steve and I slowly walk out with our weapons. Steve his bat and me with my hands ready to use my powers.

Steve whistles like he's calling a dog and I quietly sigh and roll my eyes. "Come on buddy." He says as we continue to walk further away from the bus. Steve does the same thing again and it still doesn't work. "Come on buddy, humans taste better than cat I promise." Steve waves his bat back and forth for protection and to clear the fog in front of us. My eyes widen as I see Dart standing several feet in front of us. "Shit." I whisper under my breath as I stare at the creature.

"Guys watch out!" Lucas yells from on top of the bus. "We're a little busy here!" Steve yells back as we both keep our eyes on Dart. "Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" Lucas yells and I look over and my eyes widen seeing another creature like Dart. "Shit, you take one I got the other." I say as I glance at Steve. "Copy that, Human Torch." Steve says as he flips his bat around in his hand.

"Steve! Emily! Abort! Abort!" Dustin yells at us from the bus. The Demodogs come running at us and Steve rolls one way while I roll the other. Steve hits one with his bat while I set one on fire. Steve and I run back towards the bus as Steve hits any creature that gets too close and I burn any that I can see. Steve and I just barely make it into the bus as a Demodog hits the now-closed door behind us.

The kids start screaming while Steve and I lay on the ground, trying to catch our breath. "Are they rabid or something?" Max asks as she looks at me. "They can't get in! They can't get in!" Lucas yells, trying to convince himself more than the rest of us. Steve gets a piece of metal to try and reinforce the door while I stand up. Steve and I stay at the door and fight off the dogs that are trying to get in while the kids run to the back of the bus.

I turn around as I hear Max scream. I run to her and shove her behind me. "Out of the way! Out of the way!" I yell as I get in front of the kids. "You want some, come get some!" Steve yells to the beasts outside.

Right before I set the Demodog on fire, it looks into the distance and gets distracted by something. It then roars and leaves. Steve and I look at each other, both panting heavily, and share a confused look. Steve and I make our way back to the door and he opens it slowly. It makes a bang which causes us all to jump.

"What happened?" Lucas asks confused as we walk out of the bus. "I don't know." Max says sounding scared. "Steve and Em scared them off." Dustin suggests. "No. No way." Steve says with a shake of his head as he looks around. "They're going somewhere." I say looking in the direction they ran off.