24.

"Where's Max?" I ask Billy as I plop down onto his bed

"Where's Max?" I ask Billy as I plop down onto his bed. "She's at the mall with her friends and Lucas." He says while rummaging through his closet.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I sit up on his bed. "I got you something." Billy says, still looking through his jacket pockets. "B, what did we say about gifts?" I ask with a sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. "What, can I not spoil my beautiful girlfriend?" He asks with a smirk. I sigh and shake my head with a smile as I lay back down.

"Found it." He says as he walks over and sits beside me on his bed. I sit up again and look at him. "Happy early anniversary, babe." He says while giving me a small black box. "Billy, our anniversary isn't for another week." I say as I look up at him. "Exactly, which is why this is an early anniversary gift." He says with a smile as I shake my head and smile.

"Come on just open it." He says with a smile. I sigh and open the box to reveal a gold necklace with a gold phoenix in the center.

"Billy, I love it." I say with a smile as I gently take it out of the box. "Help me put it on?" I ask him with a smile. He nods and takes the necklace from me. I brush my hair to the side as he puts the necklace around my neck. I look down at it and I fix my hair.

"Thank you, baby." I say as I turn around and look at him. "Of course doll." He says and leans in for a kiss. Right before our lips touch the power goes out.

We separate and look around. "What the hell?" Billy asks as he gets up to turn the lights back on. "Billy, it's a power outage that's not gonna work." I say as he flips the light switch. "It'll work." He says and continues to flick the light switch. I sigh and shake my head at his childish behavior.

All of a sudden the lights come back on and I look at him. "Let there be light." He says with a smile. I roll my eyes playfully and he comes back to the bed. We share a kiss not knowing what was happening a few miles away at the old steel mill.