54.

After what happened at the cemetery we all decided to go back to Nancy's house to try and get some rest

After what happened at the cemetery we all decided to go back to Nancy's house to try and get some rest. Everyone decided to take shifts watching me while the others sleep.

It's finally Billy's time to watch me, even though he already has been all night, and I sigh as he walks over to me. He sits beside me on the couch and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I curl into his side as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"I love you." He says as he kisses my forehead. "I love you too." I say as I snuggle closer to him. Billy rubs his hand up at down my arm as I close my eyes and lean my head against his chest.

"It should be me." He says and I look up at him. "What do you mean?" I ask him as I see the frown on his face. "It should be me that got cursed and not you." He says and I sit up and place my hand on his cheek. "Don't you dare say that. No one deserves this but especially not you." I say and he shakes his head.

"I'm the only one that deserves it." He says and my heart breaks. "I've done horrible things, Emily, you know that. I deserve to be punished." He says and I sigh. "We've all done things that we're not proud of but no one deserves this. Especially not you." I say as he looks down at me.

"I've killed people, Amelia. Good people who didn't deserve to die." He says and I shake my head. "You were being controlled by the Mind Flayer, you didn't have a choice." I say and he shakes his head. "But I still did it. They died because of me." He says as a tear slips down his cheek.

"Billy-" I begin before he shakes his head. "I'm a monster." He says and I sit up straight and look at him. "You are not a monster. The Mind Flayer was a monster. Your father was a monster. Vecna is a monster. You are not like them, Billy. You're kind, and compassionate, and good." I say and he looks at me. "You are a good man, Billy Hargrove, and none of this is your fault." I say and place a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you." He says as a quiet sob escapes his lips. "I love you more." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my back and we stay like that for a while as Billy cries into my hair.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

Nancy's pov

I wake up as I hear Dustin's walkie-talkie go off. "Earth to Dustin." Eddie says through the walkie-talkie.

I get up and grab the walkie-talkie. "Hey, it's Nancy." I say to Eddie. "Wheeler, hey! Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery like really soon unless you want me going out into the world." Eddie responds and I sigh and close my eyes. "No. Don't. Don't do that. Just stay where you are and we'll be there as soon as we can." I reply.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen could you pick me up a six-pack? I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." Eddie says and I look over at the couch where Emily is supposed to be and my eyes widen seeing it empty.

"Uh, I'm gonna have to call you back." I say to Eddie and turn off the walkie-talkie. I quickly get up and walk over to Dustin.

"Dustin! Wake up!" I say as I hit his shoulders. Dustin wakes up with a groan. "Aren't you supposed to be on Emily watch?" I question worried about my best friend.

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep." Dustin repeats as he rubs his eyes. "Okay, then where is she!?" I ask frantically as I point to the couch.

"She's right there." Dustin says as he points to the couch. "A second ago. I swear just dozed off for- an hour." Dustin says as he looks at his watch.

Dustin and I run upstairs to see Emily drawing as she listens to music and Billy sitting beside her holding her hand.

Emily's pov

I look up as I see Nancy and Dustin. I smile at them and go back to drawing.

I pause my music and take off my headphones as Nancy sits beside me. "Hey." I say to her with a small smile. "Hey." Nancy responds. "You okay?" She asks me and I nod. "Just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears for some reason." I say with a smile and a shrug as I look over at Billy.

"But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having a fun morning haven't we Holly?" I ask her and she nods and smiles in response.

"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asks. "It's supposed to be. I thought it would be easier to draw it out instead of explaining it but not so much." I say with a shrug.

"Is that?" Nancy asks as she pulls forward the drawing with Chrissy and Fred. "It's like they were on display or something. And then there was this red fog, everywhere. It was like a dream, a nightmare." I explain to Nancy.

"Do you think Vecna's trying to scare you?" Nancy asks as she looks at me. "With Hopper and Billy, yeah." I say as I specifically leave out Henry. "But when I made it here, I don't know, something was different." I say as I point at the drawings. "He seemed surprised almost. Like he didn't want me there." I try to explain.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind like you did with me last year." Billy suggests and Nancy, Dustin, and I look at him in surprise. "He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his?" Billy says and I nod.

"Like Freddie Kruger's boiler room." Dustin says and we all give him a concerned look. "Freddie Kruger?" Holly asks. "He's a super burned-up dude with razors for fingers and he kills you in your dreams." Dustin explains to Holly.

"DUSTIN!" Nancy, Billy, and I yell in unison. "Sorry. It's a movie. It's not real. Just think about it, what if somehow how unlocked a back door to Vecna's world? Like maybe the answer is in this incredibly vague drawing." Dustin says as he picks up one of my drawings.

"God we need Will." Dustin says as he looks at the drawings. "Yeah, no shit. But I tried them again this morning and it's the same busy signal. " I say worriedly and Billy grabs my hand.

"Is this a window?" Nancy asks as she picks up one of my drawings. "Yeah, stain glass with roses. Yeah, see I'm not so terrible after all." I say to Dustin. Dustin makes a face as he eats a pancake and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, well it helps that I've seen it before." Nancy says and we all look at her confused. Nancy folds the drawings until they all connect to form a house.

"It's pieces of a house." I say stating the obvious. "Not just any house. It's Victor Creel's house." Nancy says and we all share a concerned look.

"Where are you going?" Dustin asks with his mouth full as Nancy stands up and walks toward the basement. "Waking the others." Nancy replies and walks down to the basement. Dustin, Billy, and I all get up and follow after her.