46.

I quickly snap my eyes open and sit up as I wake up from my nightmare

I quickly snap my eyes open and sit up as I wake up from my nightmare. Billy quickly sits up as well as my hands begin to tremble. "Hey, hey, hey. You're okay, you're with me. You're fine." He comforts me as he wraps me in a hug.

"I'm sorry for waking you up." I say as tears silently stream down my cheeks. "Don't apologize." Billy says as he leans back to look into my eyes. He wipes away my tears and kisses my forehead.

"Let's go back to sleep, yeah?" He asks and I nod. "Yeah. I'm just gonna get a glass of water." I say and he nods and kissed my forehead again.

I climb out of bed and make my way to the kitchen. I get a glass and quickly fill it up with water. I grab the bottle of Tylenol from above the sink and I take out two pills and swallow them. I look out the window as I hear police sirens in the distance.

I walk out to the front porch and watch as several cop cars surround the Munson's trailer across from ours. I look over my shoulder as Susan, Max, and Billy walk out on the front porch as well. Billy wraps his arms around my waist from behind and puts his chin on my shoulder.

"Looks like that Munson boy is up to no good again." Susan says from behind Max. Max walks into the yard to try and see what's going on and I close my eyes. I open my eyes again as an officer comes up to Max and says something to her. Max runs back to us and she grabs Billy and me as she drags us into the trailer.

Max tells us what she saw and I drive her, Billy, and I to Dustin's house. We all quickly get out of my Mustang and Max runs up to the door and rings the doorbell. A few seconds pass and Dustin answers the door and looks at the three of us.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asks just as surprised as Billy and I were when Max told us what she saw. "You're sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin asks as he paces back and forth in his room.

"Yes, she was in her cheerleader outfit, it was the same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max explains as Dustin continues to pace.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin asks as he glances up at Max. "No, no but I can't be the only one who saw them together I mean they stood out." Max says as she stutters through her words.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin asks as he stops pacing to look at Max for confirmation. "Exactly. His name's not in the news yet or anything but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now." Max says worriedly as she looks at Dustin.

"That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. No way." Dustin says as he finally stops pacing. Max and Billy shrug. "No way." Dustin says again as he glares at the two.

"Well, we can't rule it out." Billy says from beside me. "Yes, we can." Dustin says as he glares at Billy. "Dustin!" Max yells and he turns and glares at her. "You guys don't know him like I do, okay? When we got to high school Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me, I mean no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie." Dustin explains as I give him a sympathetic look.

"Okay, well, I mean they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max says and we all give her a concerned look. "Yeah, he's like a super nice guy but then he's murdering women on the weekends." She says to further explain and I sigh.

"You're saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin questions, clearly offended. "No that-I'm not saying- I'm saying that we can't presume anything." Max says as she stumbles over her words. "Smooth." I say as I look over at Max and she flips me off.

Dustin puts his hands up in the air and turns away from Max. "Okay, but it doesn't look good for Eddie." Max says and Billy stands up. "She's right kid, it happened at his trailer and he was the only one there with her." Billy says as Dustin looks at him.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?" Dustin asks Max as he quickly looks back at her. We all look at Max wondering the same thing. "I don't know." She says as she crosses her arms. "You don't know?" Billy questions his sister as he crosses his arms over his chest. "After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer, something else happened." Max says and we all look at her.

"Nothing that weird or anything, I mean Eddie always drives like a maniac and the power always goes out at our place all the time, it's a piece of shit." Max says and Billy and I nod in agreement.

"But this morning I started to think back and, I don't know." Max says and my heart stops, already having an idea what she was going to say. Dustin and I share a worried look. "The look on his face. He was scared guys, really scared. Maybe he was scared because well, he just killed someone or maybe, um, maybe it was because... I don't know." Max says frightened. "Maybe something else killed her." I say and everyone looks at me. Max nods and I see Dustin look at the floor.

"But that's impossible. Right?" Billy asks getting worried. "I don't know." I say as I shake my head and run my hands through my hair. "It should be." Dustin says and we share a scared look. "There's only one person who knows what happened." Dustin says and we all look at him. "Eddie." Max, Billy and I say in unison.

"Have you talked to anyone else besides Em and Billy?" Dustin asks as we rush out of his room. "No. I can't find Lucas or Nancy and Mike-" Max begins "Is in California. Shit, shit, shit." Dustin finishes for her.

"Dusty, where are you going?" Dustin's mom asks from the couch. "To see a friend." He replies as he opens the door. "You heard the news, it's not safe." She says, worriedly. "I'll be with Emily and Billy. We'll be extra safe. Thanks, Mom. I love you. Bye." Dustin says as he closes his door. I quickly start my car and drive to the Family Video store.

.•°☾︎𑁍☽︎°•.

I park my car outside of the store and we all quickly get out and walk to the front door. "Hey, Steve." Dustin says as we go up to the counter. "You guys see this?" Steve asks as he points at the tv. "How many phones do you have?" Dustin asks urgently. "Someone was murdered." Steve says, ignoring Dustin.

"Two." Billy says after Steve doesn't answer. "Three. If you count Keith's in the back." Robin says. "Three works." Max says with a nod.

Dustin takes off his backpack and slides it across the counter. Steve and Robin yell in protest as Dustin then slides across the counter himself. Billy, Max, and I all roll our eyes and walk around the counter like civilized people.

Dustin starts typing on the computer as Max, Billy, and I gather behind him. "What are you doing man!?" Steve asks angrily as he looks over Dustin's shoulder. "Setting up base of operations." Dustin replies as he continues to type on the computer. "Base of operations?" Robin asks confused.

"Stop, get off of that." Steve says to Dustin. "No, I need it." Dustin replies as he continues typing. "Need it for what?" Steve asks confused. "For looking up Eddie's friend's phone numbers." Dustin replies annoyedly. "Oh Eddie, your new best friend Eddie, who you think is cooler than me?" Steve asks clearly offended. "Eddie yes. And I don't think Eddie's cooler than you. I think Billy's cooler than you." Dustin says and Billy laughs and hits Steve's chest. Steve glares at Billy and hits his shoulder as I roll my eyes at their childish behavior. They continue to hit each other until I step in between the two and glare at them.

"Seriously you guys, maybe on a Monday you guys can play around in here like toddlers but it's Saturday. It's our busiest day." Robin says as she stacks up the movies that Dustin knocked over. "Alright, look, Robin, I totally empathize but this can not wait until Monday." Dustin says as he writes down the list of names and phone numbers. "What because calling all of Eddie's friends is an emergency?" Robin asks annoyed. "CORRECT!" Dustin yells as he continues to write things down.

"Do you want me to strangle him or do you want to do it?" Steve asks Robin as he turns away from Billy, Max, Dustin, and I. "We can take turns." Robin says with a smile. "Just fill them in while I do this." Dustin says to Max, Billy, and me. "Fill us in on what?" Robin asks as she turns to look at us.